Recent Topics

Ads

[BlOrc] Defensive 2h

Black Orc, Squig Herder, Choppa, Shaman
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
CzarRedwall

[BlOrc] Defensive 2h

Post#1 » Mon Jun 06, 2016 6:48 pm

So far, I've found 2h black orc as a novelty if you stack offensive stats and ignore defense altogether. It just doesn't work for me. What I am wondering is could a BO play defensive with a 2h instead of a shield? What are the tradeoffs if I were to role a pure tank black orc but swap a shield for a big hefty axe? Stacking parry, toughness, and weapon skill (additional parry), could my black orc be of any use defensively?

Ads
redzus

Re: [BlOrc] Defensive 2h

Post#2 » Mon Jun 06, 2016 6:54 pm

LoTD Pocket items are missing, on live you could be a Off Tank BO dealing a ton of Damage and also being hard like a ROCK but for it to fully work you need one thing, As much armor as you can squeeze out decent Toughness while optaining str up aswell.

But major key was the Pocket items from LOTD the 2000 - 3000 Absorb qbar items ect ect

Right now its not possible to make a really good 2h def BO up to standarts

Bignusty

Post#3 » Mon Jun 06, 2016 7:00 pm

You can play you BO on 2H off or def but if you have a premade or some great players but whit pug players its a pain.

eks

Post#4 » Mon Jun 06, 2016 7:00 pm

I thought the general consensus was offensive stats with SnB were better than defensive stats with 2hander, because you can block guard damage. And you can block everything else, and use hold the line, and all the other stuff black orcs get with shield. As a defensive 2hander you could probably get your parry up pretty high and do decent damage, but I don't think the extra damage would be enough to justify not having block.
Doutin Tomasson, Runepriest - Bitterstone Thunderers
Tomservo Rowsdower, Engineer
Roi, KotBS
Eks, Zealot

CzarRedwall

Post#5 » Mon Jun 06, 2016 7:02 pm

Shield offers just another means to evade enemy attacks, correct? Since you use parry+block while with 2h just parry.

I'd think you would need a lot of parry then to compensate for missing block?

Edit* Maybe in the future a tactic for 2h to double their parry would be nice hehe

Shadowgurke

Post#6 » Mon Jun 06, 2016 7:03 pm

there is no reason to do so. Defensive 2H does less damage than offensive SnB and you lose you see me blok dat and gain nothing

CzarRedwall

Post#7 » Mon Jun 06, 2016 7:06 pm

Right, which begs the question why 2h BOs even exist? :D

peterthepan3

Post#8 » Mon Jun 06, 2016 7:08 pm

CzarRedwall wrote:Right, which begs the question why 2h BOs even exist? :D
because they look cool? =P

SNB DPS is better than 2H BO - fact. But you caaaan kinda make 2H BO work: like someone already said, you need lots of armor and toughness (I'm 110% atm and 700toughness) aaaand parry (I got around 58% with weapon proc).

Ads
CzarRedwall

Post#9 » Mon Jun 06, 2016 7:10 pm

Are you defensively geared or off? What talismans?

TenTonHammer

Post#10 » Mon Jun 06, 2016 7:10 pm

Becuase 2H bos are the hardest hitting 2H tank in the game because of gork smash, stab you gooder (and because of how it works here) loudmouth

And people play this game for shits and giggles and not to be competitive