Recent Topics

Ads

[BlOrc] Defensive 2h

Black Orc, Squig Herder, Choppa, Shaman
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
CzarRedwall

Re: [BlOrc] Defensive 2h

Post#11 » Mon Jun 06, 2016 7:13 pm

TenTonHammer wrote: And people play this game for shits and giggles and not to be competitive
? What about for fun o;

Ads
peterthepan3

Post#12 » Mon Jun 06, 2016 7:13 pm

CzarRedwall wrote:Are you defensively geared or off? What talismans?
I'm a mixture: I run with around 600/650 str, 700toughness, 45% base parry and 110% armor. I use Gork Smash! to make up for the lack of crit in my RR, so I get around 23% crit which is more than enough for assisting the DPS.
Talis atm are armor in Ruin and strength in Mercenary. However once I get 4 piece merc I'll probably go back to SNB DPS.

CzarRedwall

Post#13 » Mon Jun 06, 2016 7:14 pm

Awesome! I think I have an idea of what I could try then, thanks.

Collateral

Post#14 » Mon Jun 06, 2016 7:34 pm

Yeah generaly 2 handers will struggle if not in a premade, and they won't do more dmg than snb because their survivabilty is not too great (people will focus them first) since they stack so much str. I run 3 piece ruin and 2 piece anni with 515 str, 700 toughess and 3700 armour (without pots ofc). I will drop my toguhness talis for more str and armour though (leaving me with about 680), because I feel 700 toughness is a bit of an overkill.

Does armour mitigate dmg better than toughness? I think that physical dmg reduction is a lot better than dps reduction in close combat, but I don't really know.

Bignusty

Post#15 » Mon Jun 06, 2016 9:34 pm

yeah better to have lot armor and around 4k+ whit pots 650+ tough and to help you when focused build on Da greenest for buff resist and armor again !

mohokoner1

Post#16 » Tue Jun 14, 2016 7:21 pm

there's no point on going def with 2h m8...
Check some cons:
1) you disable abilities like "Hold the line" and "You can't hit me" (if you go Da Toughest tree), "Tuffer N Nails" "Ya missed me" and probably more while at the same time you can't take a role in tankwall frontlines etc...
2) you will lose WONDERFUL & IMPORTANT stats that come out from nowhere just because holding a shield... (def stats that usually exist only on shields, block rating, some more toughness maybe or whatever) and most mostly the tactics that boost your shielding.... and this is one more reason for not going def with a 2h weapon...
3) you will haven't enough dmg neither enough def.... so you will not dependant at all ....

in overall this kind of build will work for pve... but NOT in pvp