Recent Topics

Ads

[Black Orc] Youz see me blok' dat / Lookin' for opp'tunity

Black Orc, Squig Herder, Choppa, Shaman
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Penril

Re: [Black Orc] Youz see me blok' dat / Lookin' for opp'tuni

Post#41 » Wed Mar 23, 2016 8:14 pm

footpatrol2 wrote:You guys were complaining that 2hnder BO's don't have anything to reliably increase thier parry. I pointed out a way to increase thier parry and dodge to the entire group by 10% constantly.

You don't have to keep it cycling if a situation calls for something different.

Just like you don't have to constantly be using the armor debuff or challenge if the situation doesn't call for it.
If the situation constantly changes, i'd rather have Champ's Challenge slotted instead of QyS.

What if you are doing RvR and suddenly some rdps enemies attack you? Your parry won't do anything, and good luck trying to catch them (if they are semi decent kiters). However, if you manage to CC one of them...

Ads
footpatrol2

Post#42 » Wed Mar 23, 2016 8:19 pm

We could play this game all day Penril.

The What if game...

I'm just pointing out that it exists. If you don't see the value fine. I think its valuable.

Champ challenge has pro's and con's attached. Your also stuck in one place for 10 sec's that is a very LONG time. I personally don't like champ's challenge for that purpose. I need to be somewhere or switching my guard to help people out. Blah blah

What if... what if...

With QyS your mitigating 10% additional guard damage that doesn't have to be healed to both tanks and your entire grp gets dodge. AND if your actually using HTL tactics its increasing even further the buff being provided by HTL. Lots and Lots of benefits. The duration isn't short either.

Shadowgurke

Post#43 » Wed Mar 23, 2016 8:29 pm

Let me just put it into a short sentence, just so you know what you are actually suggesting.

Running 2 BOs in a group using their morale on CD, just so you have 10% more Parry and can go 2H.(Which you still can't?)

I know you like your racial group "synergy". But what you are suggesting is not an option, it's lunacy.

TenTonHammer

Post#44 » Wed Mar 23, 2016 8:46 pm

if nothing else but for the principle of blowing morales on cooldown is a terrible thing to do

footpatrol2

Post#45 » Wed Mar 23, 2016 10:56 pm

@shadowgurke

What Am I really losing by running 2 BO's? Instead of being negative, how about asking why do you think it could work?

Before man learned how to fly it was said that it couldn't be done. That mentality dominated the public opinion and everyone thought anyone that tried to learn how to fly was a idiot. We have airplanes now...

That is only one trick. it is not soley that trick that provides racial synergy its only one trick in the bag.

You also Don't have to go 2hnder for that trick. You also Don't have to slot QyS. I'm just saying that if you go 2hnder on a BO you could use it to raise your avoidence if you needed too. You could go SnB and use HTL techniques if your facing a lot of SW with QyS. You look at your opposition and adapt.

Do you not look at your opposition when entering a SC? Do you not switch up your tactics if you meet another premade in the lakes? You have options. Things are not the best Always.

The color blue isn't always the best color in every situation. Maybe in a lot but not all situations.

Its just a trick. One of many.

I'm just saying "hey look at this trick."

Its not my intention to derail this thread. I was just trying to point something out that you could do with 2 BO's doesn't mean its the best in all cases.

peterthepan3

Post#46 » Thu Mar 24, 2016 8:22 am

Should never waste your morale on that parry buff.

footpatrol2

Post#47 » Thu Mar 24, 2016 8:31 am

its parry and dodge.

peterthepan3

Post#48 » Thu Mar 24, 2016 8:43 am

Point still stands.

Ads
roadkillrobin

Post#49 » Thu Mar 24, 2016 8:59 am

Its better then CC moast of the time. CC is pretty much only ever good against rdps when yoyr chasing. And even then he might have immunity. Being immobile as a tank is pretty nuch the worst situation. You allready have a root, snare and possible a knockdown aswell. You dont need CC. For some tanks CC is the only option due to only worse options. This isn't the case for BO. However cykling for 100% uptime isn't something you should aim for as you have a better m3.

roadkillrobin

Post#50 » Thu Mar 24, 2016 9:09 am

Penril wrote:
footpatrol2 wrote:You guys were complaining that 2hnder BO's don't have anything to reliably increase thier parry. I pointed out a way to increase thier parry and dodge to the entire group by 10% constantly.

You don't have to keep it cycling if a situation calls for something different.

Just like you don't have to constantly be using the armor debuff or challenge if the situation doesn't call for it.
If the situation constantly changes, i'd rather have Champ's Challenge slotted instead of QyS.

What if you are doing RvR and suddenly some rdps enemies attack you? Your parry won't do anything, and good luck trying to catch them (if they are semi decent kiters). However, if you manage to CC one of them...
If you get close enough for CC you don't even need to use it. Its more likly you get in range for Were You Goin? Then you cant use CC.