Recent Topics

Ads

[Black Orc] Youz see me blok' dat / Lookin' for opp'tunity

Black Orc, Squig Herder, Choppa, Shaman
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Penril

[Black Orc] Youz see me blok' dat / Lookin' for opp'tunity

Post#1 » Fri Feb 26, 2016 1:44 pm

Good morning fellow Black Orcs. I have a question for you. I have been testing these 2 tactics and something doesn't feel right.

YSMBD lets me get to M2 in like 10-15 seconds. I can use Shield Wall at this point and, due to all that blocking, be back to M2 pretty much immediately. I think the tactic is proccing from every single block; however, it is supposed to not trigger more than once every 3 seconds. I have been told it is working correctly, but wanted to know your opinion. Tactic was pretty good on live but i don't remember it being THIS GOOD.

As for LFO, i tested it with a friend last night. I let him get to M1 and then used Clobber. 2 Clobbers put him at zero morale. Then i let him get to M2 and 5 clobbers put him back at zero again. I admit i never used this tactic on live. And again, i have been told it is working correctly in RoR. How do you guys remember this tactic?

Thanks for your constructive replies.

Ads
TenTonHammer

Re: [Black Orc] Youz see me blok' dat / Lookin' for opp'tuni

Post#2 » Fri Feb 26, 2016 2:00 pm

Where have you been testing this? sc?

with everyone and their mothing throwing out aoe especially onslaught and flurry spamming slayers its not hard to believe

i cant comment on how it is right now b/c my bo is only 32 but this is/sounds pretty dam close to how i remeber it on live

cant comment on lookin for oppetunity never ran it

but if it works right according to the powers that be then it works right

after all

how do we know it worked right on live? ;)

Penril

Post#3 » Fri Feb 26, 2016 2:07 pm

TenTonHammer wrote:Where have you been testing this? sc?

with everyone and their mothing throwing out aoe especially onslaught and flurry spamming slayers its not hard to believe
Keep in mind tactic is supposed to not proc more than once every 3 seconds. So it shouldn't make a difference if you are being attacked by 2-3 guys or 100. Which is why i feel that it is proccing off every single block. I can, of course, be wrong. Need other BO's to confirm.
TenTonHammer wrote:i cant comment on how it is right now b/c my bo is only 32 but this is/sounds pretty dam close to how i remeber it on live

cant comment on lookin for oppetunity never ran it

but if it works right according to the powers that be then it works right

after all

how do we know it worked right on live? ;)
I tested it in BFP with a Slayer friend. I let him throw axes at me until he got M1 and then clobbered him. Then repeated the test with M2. It took 2 and 5 clobbers respectively to get him to zero morale.

Tooltip says it removes 6 percentage points from my enemies morale. However, it felt like it was removing way more. Since i never used this tactic on live, i was wondering what other players have to say about it and if it is indeed working perfectly fine.

If it is: LFO/YSMBD/BB will give you a AoE snare spamming Black Orc that can build his morale insanely fast while at the same time draining his enemies morale to zero. I think i made a few engies cry last night (bye bye to your M2!).

edit: By BFP i meant Black Fire Pass (not Battle for Praag).
Last edited by Penril on Fri Feb 26, 2016 2:29 pm, edited 4 times in total.

ThePollie
Banned

Post#4 » Fri Feb 26, 2016 2:12 pm

This just sounds grossly off-balance, even if it's functioning 'properly'.

TenTonHammer

Post#5 » Fri Feb 26, 2016 2:14 pm

if according to what you say is correct about the number of clobbers is true...then we do have a problem
Morale abilities have four ranks, with each rank providing an ability of increasing power. At the lowest rank, abilities use 25% of the morale meter, then 50%, then 75%, and finally 100%.
it should take 4 clobbers to remove m1

8 to remove from m2

Penril

Post#6 » Fri Feb 26, 2016 2:15 pm

TenTonHammer wrote:if according to what you say is correct about the number of clobbers is true...then we do have a problem
Spoiler:
Morale abilities have four ranks, with each rank providing an ability of increasing power. At the lowest rank, abilities use 25% of the morale meter, then 50%, then 75%, and finally 100%.
it should take 4 clobbers to remove m1

8 to remove from m2
Feel free to test it guys, then let me know your opinions.

roadkillrobin

Post#7 » Fri Feb 26, 2016 2:25 pm

I tested YSMBD a couple days ago, and it was acting like it did on live, you get big chunks of morale every 3d second. Remember that you also gain morale for just being in combat.
However, Getting to Morale 2 doesn't really take to long even without the tactic. Getting from 2-3 takes about double as long time to get from 1 to 2, and m4 takes about double that time.
I havn't tested the tactic for Clubber against anyone so can't say anything about it.
But I can imagine the QQ when we hit the 40 lvl cap. From order :)

TenTonHammer

Post#8 » Fri Feb 26, 2016 2:53 pm

eh

sm has intimidating blow

WH has morale removal tactic

Sov had morale drain set bonus

it all evens out i guess

Ads
Penril

Post#9 » Fri Feb 26, 2016 3:04 pm

TenTonHammer wrote:eh

sm has intimidating blow

WH has morale removal tactic

Sov had morale drain set bonus

it all evens out i guess
Keep in mind WH and SM remove a flat value of Morale, while BO's remove a percentage. Also, BOs is spammable while WH's is a proc when attacking from behind, and SM's requires Improved Balance (and has a 5 sec CD).

Also, keep in mind i main a BO and play mostly destro. But i still think there is something fishy about LFO. Please don't take this the wrong way TenTon, but i would really appreciate it if you guys tested LFO with a friend and then let me know what you think. ;) Once you guys see it for yourselves, you will be able to tell me if it is working fine or there is something wrong (in your eyes) with LFO.

Thanks!

Azarael

Post#10 » Fri Feb 26, 2016 3:11 pm

These abilities are implemented as giving or removing a percentage of the maximum Morale. YSMBD gives 144 Morale with a retrigger interval of 3000ms. LFO removes 216 points of Morale.