Recent Topics

Ads

[Shaman] DPS Shaman vs AM

Black Orc, Squig Herder, Choppa, Shaman
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
footpatrol2

Re: [Shaman] DPS Shaman vs AM

Post#11 » Wed Mar 16, 2016 6:42 pm

@ Jaycub

I'll be making greenskinz premades for roaming/sc's and be making heavy use of DPS shaman's. I need as many shamans I can get my hands on. I am 100% not a fluff player and very competitive. What I want from the shaman is the Sticky feetz then spec as you wish and be flexible with the spec. Meaning if we are short on healers specifically at that time (I will pay for respec) be willing to play healy spec shaman for the sake of the group composition. If you want to reliably play DPS shaman this is probably your best bet as other premade organizers will try to pigeon hole you into a build.

BTW you get the Ini debuff from the Squigherder.

If you want to fully explore this please contact Gazbot in game or friend gazbot. You don't have to join my guild to be part of my roams/premades. I've been doing nightly goblin hunter groups with pretty good success granted only t2. It looks like your NA time as I am also so we play at the same time.

Ads
Boursk

Post#12 » Wed Mar 16, 2016 7:01 pm

DPS AM needs a buff C^:
[3 years on Live = Volkmar > Ironrock > Gorfang > Badlands]

My Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/HannesMW2

Nameless

Post#13 » Wed Mar 16, 2016 7:32 pm

removing get smarted and changing ere we go /was fixed dmg number so abit like mini moral/ was an idiotic move from mythic. That how they crippled shaman dps capabilities but still shamans are quite potent just more harder than their mirror.
Mostly harmless

K8P & Norn - guild Orz

Jaycub

Post#14 » Wed Mar 16, 2016 7:55 pm

@Gaz I'd be down, a lot of people in OS ended up rolling greenskins for some reason and im sure it would be fun when you guys get t3/4.

What happened to ere we go? I remember gettin smarter or whatever.
<Lords of the Locker Room> <Old School>

Gobtar

Post#15 » Wed Mar 16, 2016 7:57 pm

Nameless wrote:removing get smarted and changing ere we go /was fixed dmg number so abit like mini moral/ was an idiotic move from mythic. That how they crippled shaman dps capabilities but still shamans are quite potent just more harder than their mirror.
I can see why they removed Get'n' smarter; Overlap with Yer A Weaklin' I think I would rather have Get'n' Smarter as a 3rd Dot though. Ere We Go didn't go anywhere just nerfed into the dirt. /shrug

Nameless

Post#16 » Wed Mar 16, 2016 8:21 pm

Gobtar wrote:
Nameless wrote:removing get smarted and changing ere we go /was fixed dmg number so abit like mini moral/ was an idiotic move from mythic. That how they crippled shaman dps capabilities but still shamans are quite potent just more harder than their mirror.
I can see why they removed Get'n' smarter; Overlap with Yer A Weaklin' I think I would rather have Get'n' Smarter as a 3rd Dot though. Ere We Go didn't go anywhere just nerfed into the dirt. /shrug
the thing is that they nerfed to the ground skill that got 2! tactic connected with it. That is pretty huge imo.
Mostly harmless

K8P & Norn - guild Orz

Jaycub

Post#17 » Wed Mar 16, 2016 10:32 pm

does anyone actually use those tactics? the morale pump looks really good but it seems like you have to give up 2 tactic slots for it.

footpatrol2

Post#18 » Wed Mar 16, 2016 10:40 pm

I plan to build a greenskinz group around the morale pump tactic in a 12 man setting. The morale bomb you can do is upwards of 10k damage 30ft + 30 ft knockdown. Maybe even 30ft heal debuff from choppa depending on group composition. With a lot of morale pump tactics used + chopp faster I dunno how fast you can build your morale to be honest. I suspect really quickly.

10k damage that is undefendable is basically instant death 30ft.

I think the tactic is straight boss.

Whats nice about the greenskinz group is if you don't have the time to build the morale bomb since your facing a rush group. Fine, wipe once, switch tactics to a different build as a group. Super flexible.

Ads
Nameless

Post#19 » Thu Mar 17, 2016 4:52 am

Jaycub wrote:does anyone actually use those tactics? the morale pump looks really good but it seems like you have to give up 2 tactic slots for it.
noone used them cos the skill is crap. Nevermind the moral pump other tactic was pretty good when the skill done the full dmg and was decent. After the nerf? No thanks!
The skill doesnt scale with intellect, doesnt crit so it was made to do the full dmg, non mitigatable. After the nerf it kept all negatives adding to that the resist check for pitifull 150ish dmg
Mostly harmless

K8P & Norn - guild Orz

Jaycub

Post#20 » Fri Mar 18, 2016 1:21 pm

What do you guys think DPS shaman/AM need in order to be considered viable in group settings?

Some thoughts and things from similar threads (not my own)...

>Shaman/AM should be reworked into "pure" healers like RP/Zealot
>Shaman/AM should be reworked so that they have a non hybrid DPS spec
>Buffing Shaman/AM will make them more OP than they already are 1v1 and small scale
>Hybrid specs will only work in 3-2-1 groups, which means the entire meta needs to change

Either way I feel like these classes are most in need of changes even more so than magus/engineer. Their heal specs can't compete because RP/WP and Z/DoK combo is extremely strong and synergizes well, 2/3rds of their trees deal with doing damage yet those specs aren't anywhere near viable and aside from utility like the silence they aren't getting anything from those 2 trees when healing spec... and classes like WP get a baseline silence they don't even need to spec for, RP/Z get a stronger 6 sec stagger...

Their mechanic is a total game design failure that has almost no use in healing spec, and limited/gimmicky use in DPS spec (when in a group).

I really like hybrid playstyle, it's just frustrating to see them in the state they are now and the things that might be holding them back from getting buffed.