Recent Topics

Ads

[Shaman] DPS Shaman vs AM

Black Orc, Squig Herder, Choppa, Shaman
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Jaycub

[Shaman] DPS Shaman vs AM

Post#1 » Wed Feb 17, 2016 7:08 pm

I want to make a new character on destro, and I kind of want it to be a DPS shaman but after looking at the tree, tactics, etc... I don't see where shaman can compete especially in a group setting. It seems like they trade 2 powerful DoT's for a group damage proc and extremely gimped inc heal debuff. The gobbo tactics are nice but I think overrated outside of 1vX, or at least I feel like they are unnecessary if you plan on playing the DPS shaman in a 6 man, since you will have outside healing, puddle, AoE detaunt, bubble etc...

The only thing I am seeing that they have over AM is the toughness debuff tactic which I would assume stacks with everything since it's a tactic? The offline tree also says it has a value of 240?

Anyone play both, or play DPS shaman in a group setting have any advice or thoughts?
<Lords of the Locker Room> <Old School>

Ads
TenTonHammer

Re: [Shaman] DPS Shaman vs AM

Post#2 » Wed Feb 17, 2016 7:12 pm

1-3-2 I guess

Dps Shammy still has it's mobility an the utility with puddle an ged off

but between you and me I would prefer chop mag sorc
Last edited by TenTonHammer on Wed Feb 17, 2016 7:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jaycub

Post#3 » Wed Feb 17, 2016 7:14 pm

ya 3-2-1 group setup

IDK I just want to play something fun, but at least semi viable which I feel the DPS AM is atm in a 3-2-1 on order. But that might because the inc HD comes at a higher premium on order atm.

TenTonHammer

Post#4 » Wed Feb 17, 2016 7:32 pm

Well later down the line when ever single one of the 9000 and 1 slayers , bws and sw's have hd it won't be as high demand

Now I feel that dps Shammy can do well in rdps grp they have good synergy with mag and can clense what x2 DoK can't

Their heal debuff is safer to apply that choppas and the fact that between sorc, mag and sham being able to debuff every resist type along with hurts don't it being the high it's tough debuff in the game (?)
you might not even have to bring a chosen you could bring a black orc with big brawlin to constantly snare melee and WAAAGH! To debuff corp for sorc and stat steal initiative for crit chance

I defiantly think this has potential

TenTonHammer

Post#5 » Wed Feb 17, 2016 7:37 pm

Not mention that Morks touch lets you remove blessings that DoK, and Bo lack

Also the great benifits of get goin especially along with you sez me bloc dat

Jaycub

Post#6 » Wed Feb 17, 2016 7:41 pm

Does anyone know what the value of the tactic toughness debuff is atm and that it does in fact stack with everything?

TenTonHammer

Post#7 » Thu Feb 18, 2016 12:23 am

hey man talked to az ingame it stacks with global debufss like auras

peterthepan3

Post#8 » Thu Feb 18, 2016 12:27 am

DPS AM is noticeably more powerful than a DPS Shaman because of the extra DOTs/powerful heal debuff. It deals better damage by quite a margin, but Shaman is no pushover and has a lot better survival tools. Play both.

Ads
Qwack

Post#9 » Sat Feb 20, 2016 6:26 pm

My personal preference goes like this... I like the Shammy better for ORVR due to Run Away and the graphical size of the Shammy. With opponents no longer visible on the map, making use of hiding places (bushes, small walls, debris) has become even more important. There are several maps where a gobbo can practically be a stealth character.

I prefer an AM for SCs because of its greater damage output. If either were enlisted in a 6v6 I would favor the AM, but the Shammy does have a greater tank killing ability off of Hurts Don't It (240 tough debuff and 150 morale drain which can be spammed thru Brain Bursta).

Both are fun classes with quite a few options for play.
Destro: [Agony] Qwack Shammy 80+, Krakkenn Chosen 79 and Mincer Choppa 70+
Order: [Kill Team] Krakken Knight 80+

Jaycub

Post#10 » Wed Mar 16, 2016 6:11 pm

Finally made my shaman so I thought I would necro the topic, also cap is 35 now.

I've seen an explosion of DPS AM's on order, but DPS shaman still pretty rare. The gobbo racial tactics are nice but from my time playing DPS AM i never felt like I would really need them... they seem like really good soloing tactics which makes me kinda sad that it would be holding back the shaman ability to be viable in a group. Between having healers in your party, puddle, bubble, aoe detaunt and punt, life taps etc... you really don't need auto detaunt or haste. The only time you are gonna be a target or die is if you get mara/WL m1 or champs challenge and nothing is really gonna save you that you are able to do on your own.

Losing 2 strong dots and a 100% uptime healdebuff for the toughness debuff already seems not worth it, factor in AM's damage being buffed into the stratosphere by SM's using wrath of hoeth which I hear(?) stacks with everything for reasons... and it seems like shamans are getting shafted in the DPS department in comparison.

Puddle is an ele resist debuff while AM gets much more useful ini debuff, DPS tree 13 point ability suffers from the same thing AM's does in having arbitrary limitations that hold it back from being really good, in the shamans case the "can only be hit once" condition while in the AM's it's the 60 sec cd.
Spoiler:
I just wanted to shitpost and shill for DPS Shaman buffs pls no bully