Recent Topics

Ads

[Black Orc] Pugger's guide to the BO w/ video

Black Orc, Squig Herder, Choppa, Shaman
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Dalgrimar

Re: [Black Orc] Pugger's guide to the BO w/ video

Post#11 » Sun Feb 07, 2016 3:15 pm

Not atm maybe, but it was definatly viable in Live.
Especially with SnB Chosen or BG as second tank.
Dalgri - Ftp/Sens - Sadboi - Fanboy

utube
twitch

Ads
TenTonHammer

Post#12 » Sun Feb 07, 2016 3:18 pm

oh god not again

why do people think that a 2h tank can realistically replace an mdps and a 2h BO over 2h BG at that

why would you take a 2h tank whose one real utiity is stat steal and perhaps an aoe snare or kd if you spec either will replace a choppa or mara?

rmpl

Post#13 » Sun Feb 07, 2016 3:44 pm

Bretin wrote:
rmpl wrote:Am I the only one who feels like BO is the least useful destro tank?
nah just one of those who fail to see his potential. he is the best destru tank right now and will be even better in t4.
Why doe.

BG has:
- 5s kd
- best punt in the game
- outgoing 20s healing debuff
- +300 willpower buff

Sure, BO has some nice things but in my opinion his tools are nowhere as good as BG's. Am I missing something?

TenTonHammer

Post#14 » Sun Feb 07, 2016 3:57 pm

some thing about iniative stat steal inc chance to crit by 300%

Razid1987

Post#15 » Sun Feb 07, 2016 4:01 pm

Watched the video. I liked it, but I honestly don't get why you say Devastator is so hard to get? I know I'm in Kings Own and everything, but I dinged to 32 with my Knight literally 8 or 9 days ago, and I'm 30 Medallions away from getting the helmet (5th and last piece of the set). It's not that hard. Just do T3 ORvR :)

Why would you be happy with Stalker or Duelist, when you later in the video say that Toughness, Wounds, and Initiative are your most important stats? You don't get any of those stats from the sets bonuses of those two sets. It almost seems like you're contradicting yourself :o

Other than that, pretty nice ^^

TenTonHammer

Post#16 » Sun Feb 07, 2016 4:19 pm

Razid1987 wrote:Watched the video. I liked it, but I honestly don't get why you say Devastator is so hard to get? I know I'm in Kings Own and everything, but I dinged to 32 with my Knight literally 8 or 9 days ago, and I'm 30 Medallions away from getting the helmet (5th and last piece of the set). It's not that hard. Just do T3 ORvR :)
It must be eaiser to get medals by constantly running around cheesing in orvr ;)

For the rest of us its a very slow grind orvr is not contantly going on espically during na times when its dead

my mara hit 32/40 about a month ago and i only have 82 crests and no peices of deva so far since i wanted the helm first

Dalgrimar

Post#17 » Sun Feb 07, 2016 4:23 pm

TenTonHammer wrote:oh god not again

why do people think that a 2h tank can realistically replace an mdps and a 2h BO over 2h BG at that

why would you take a 2h tank whose one real utiity is stat steal and perhaps an aoe snare or kd if you spec either will replace a choppa or mara?
Did i say replace mdps?
I was full armor talis full rd full tb full parry defensive 2hander.
Tanky as **** and still doing great assist dmg and support
If you cant see the potential and viability of BO 2hander build in t4 thats your problem.
Last edited by Dalgrimar on Sun Feb 07, 2016 4:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

utube
twitch

TenTonHammer

Post#18 » Sun Feb 07, 2016 4:26 pm

If you roll x3 tanks and 1 mdps you will have only 1 50% inc HD

that in of its self is a big detriment to your party

Ads
Dalgrimar

Post#19 » Sun Feb 07, 2016 4:28 pm

TenTonHammer wrote:If you roll x3 tanks and 1 mdps you will have only 1 50% inc HD

that in of its self is a big detriment to your party
Your so strange, not sure if u even read what i say.
Did i ever mentioned 3 tanks?
lol.
Im kinda done talking with you already bruh.

utube
twitch

Jaycub

Post#20 » Sun Feb 07, 2016 4:33 pm

rmpl wrote:
Bretin wrote:
rmpl wrote:Am I the only one who feels like BO is the least useful destro tank?
nah just one of those who fail to see his potential. he is the best destru tank right now and will be even better in t4.
Why doe.

BG has:
- 5s kd
- best punt in the game
- outgoing 20s healing debuff
- +300 willpower buff

Sure, BO has some nice things but in my opinion his tools are nowhere as good as BG's. Am I missing something?
Chosen/Knight have the best punt in the game w/ tactic (launch angle)

BO KD is a bit more reliable in some situations even if it is only 3 seconds. Stat steal is crazy good esp the ini steal which scales tremendously if it can bring someone down below the threshold. Single target shatter limbs, group wide -20% magic dmg, ST -20% dmg done, and some stuff I am forgetting since I play SM not BO.

I think bretin may be over selling BO/SM a bit, but after playing SM and looking at some of bretins points I think the classes are way better than previously thought by the majority of the community or not deserving of their title of worst tank on both respective sides. Not to say these classes couldn't do with a bit of tweaking.

A lot of their viability also comes indirectly from other classes and where they are in the meta, for instance if WL every gets any kind of buff SM will get pulled closer into the meta along with that. So things will be ultimately different on this server.
Spoiler:
Give us R40 already Az
<Lords of the Locker Room> <Old School>