Recent Topics

Ads

[SH] Bad Gas

Black Orc, Squig Herder, Choppa, Shaman
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Vigfuss

Re: [SH] Bad Gas

Post#81 » Tue Feb 02, 2016 5:37 pm

Marauder + Squig is close to being a meta set up. If bad Gas was usable in a viable ranged spec, I think it would be very competitive.
Fusscle of Critical Acclaim

Ads
Gobtar

Post#82 » Tue Feb 02, 2016 5:46 pm

Your suggestion doesn't hinder range it's range viability, but doesn't help it either. If you are going to be within 40 ft of the melee, you will want the extra wounds, and toughness granted to you by SA. Whether it's BS or Str is largely irrelevant because being in SA is the best way of preforming this suicide maneuver and pulling back. Range SHs will almost never have guard, and even in a group set up this puts alot of pressure on your team for a minimal pay off (you might as well go full melee and gain the tankiness from your tactics)

If Stick Squig was unusable is SA then there might be some warrant for this, however that is not the case.

As stated previously a range SH will not be able to push to the healer line so it's optimum usage is relatively void. Again if this is just a quality of life issue, fine, but your suggestion does not add viability to having Bad gas as a range option.

I am not opposed to quality of life changes, provided they don't hinder real change later on down the line.

Bad gas is an amazing ability on paper, but due to it's vehicle it needs some changes that are in line with it's classes play style.

Stinkyweed

Post#83 » Tue Feb 02, 2016 5:46 pm

The original squig PBAoE worked at 100ft (ish) range, reaching targets about 115ft (ish) away due to diameter of AoE. If going GTAoE, I propose a minimim 65ft range, which would reach a target about 80ft (ish) away.

...this proposals are based on only redoing BadGas and not the entire melee squig line. If the entire melee tree is to be rewritten, it make make more sense to keep as is...which we can't really discuss until we see a new proposal.
Stinkyweed SH.86
Prowl WE.85
Blob Chop.82
Babaganoush Sham.7x
Negative Creep Z.5x
Motley Crue WH.5x
Scratch WL.3x

Don't fall asleep...don't fall asleep...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oP7uxesyQWo

Gobtar

Post#84 » Tue Feb 02, 2016 5:55 pm

Stinkyweed wrote:The original squig PBAoE worked at 100ft (ish) range, reaching targets about 115ft (ish) away due to diameter of AoE. If going GTAoE, I propose a minimim 65ft range, which would reach a target about 80ft (ish) away.

...this proposals are based on only redoing BadGas and not the entire melee squig line. If the entire melee tree is to be rewritten, it make make more sense to keep as is...which we can't really discuss until we see a new proposal.
II think PBAoE would either be too powerful or too difficult to pull off depending on radius, GTAoE allows for some control, and limits the AoE effect to a smaller area. The lessened risk counters the fact taht BG duration is only 5 seconds on a 20 second CD.

Penril

Post#85 » Tue Feb 02, 2016 6:07 pm

Gobtar wrote:Your suggestion doesn't hinder range it's range viability, but doesn't help it either. If you are going to be within 40 ft of the melee, you will want the extra wounds, and toughness granted to you by SA. Whether it's BS or Str is largely irrelevant because being in SA is the best way of preforming this suicide maneuver and pulling back. Range SHs will almost never have guard, and even in a group set up this puts alot of pressure on your team for a minimal pay off (you might as well go full melee and gain the tankiness from your tactics)

If Stick Squig was unusable is SA then there might be some warrant for this, however that is not the case.

As stated previously a range SH will not be able to push to the healer line so it's optimum usage is relatively void. Again if this is just a quality of life issue, fine, but your suggestion does not add viability to having Bad gas as a range option.

I am not opposed to quality of life changes, provided they don't hinder real change later on down the line.

Bad gas is an amazing ability on paper, but due to it's vehicle it needs some changes that are in line with it's classes play style.
Squig Armor grants toughness and wounds?

Gobtar

Post#86 » Tue Feb 02, 2016 6:11 pm

Penril wrote: Squig Armor grants toughness and wounds?
Yes, the tool tip doesn't say anything about it, but your HPs do increase going into SA. This was the case on live and it does happen on RoR as well. No meager amount either, over 100 wounds. Toughness also increases by about 100.

Penril

Post#87 » Tue Feb 02, 2016 6:45 pm

Stinkyweed wrote:The original squig PBAoE worked at 100ft (ish) range, reaching targets about 115ft (ish) away due to diameter of AoE. If going GTAoE, I propose a minimim 65ft range, which would reach a target about 80ft (ish) away.

That might take a LOOOOONG time. Hell... it might not even happen at all. Which is why i think it is better to just focus on Bad Gas for now.

Maybe we should just change Bad Gas to "Good Gas" (equivalent of Chop Fasta) and Chop Fasta to "Chop Slowa" (equivalent of Shatter Limbs) and be done with it :lol:

(joking, of course)

Gobtar

Post#88 » Tue Feb 02, 2016 6:53 pm

I feel this thread illustrates that Bad Gas needs some adjustment, no one really has any arguements why it shouldn't be improved and there has been a wealth of ideas as to what the change might be. There hasn't really been any solid counters to many of the changes either.

Hopefully this is as positive as I think it is, and the Devs can decide for themselves what is appropriate. I hope one day the Melee Tree will get adjusted but that might be a long time coming.

Ads
Vdova

Post#89 » Sat Feb 06, 2016 10:40 pm

I remember I was running build like this in warband on live. I dont know how viable it will be in T4 on ror.
http://waronlinebuilder.org/#career=sh; ... :5506:5516:
Vdova - Witch elf princess of suffer and despair

Bignusty

Post#90 » Sun Feb 07, 2016 12:38 pm

What about Cut Yah abilitie on mdps tree but cant be used when you are inside your Squig Armor so you need to leave your SA stange to use this attack and back in your Squig armor...