Recent Topics

Ads

[SH] Bad Gas

Black Orc, Squig Herder, Choppa, Shaman
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
roadkillrobin

Re: [SH] Bad Gas

Post#71 » Mon Feb 01, 2016 8:12 pm

I remember it being changed from pet to SH actually coz i played a Melee Squig Herder.
it was not the only change made it was when they changed pick on yer own size aswell and killed my build :P

Ads
Foxbeep

Post#72 » Mon Feb 01, 2016 8:28 pm

I think if it is to be ground target it needs to be very very close range (20ft)

Just personal opinion though!
I don't think it would be fair to give SH a 100ft (or even 65ft) Ground-target SL

Penril

Post#73 » Tue Feb 02, 2016 4:12 pm

Foxbeep wrote:I think if it is to be ground target it needs to be very very close range (20ft)

I don't think it would be fair to give SH a 100ft (or even 65ft) Ground-target SL
20ft is too short. I think 40 would be ok, considering they are a ranged class. Shatter Limbs has a 30ft range but it is on a mdps class.

Tklees

Post#74 » Tue Feb 02, 2016 4:22 pm

Penril wrote:
Foxbeep wrote:I think if it is to be ground target it needs to be very very close range (20ft)

20ft is too short. I think 40 would be ok, considering they are a ranged class. Shatter Limbs has a 30ft range but it is on a mdps class.
still pushing my RoF idea? 50 ft should do it imo. 40 is very close to the melee pit for a ranged ability.
Tklees Chatoullier
Gagirbinn

Penril

Post#75 » Tue Feb 02, 2016 4:31 pm

Tklees wrote:
Penril wrote:

still pushing my RoF idea? 50 ft should do it imo. 40 is very close to the melee pit for a ranged ability.
Keep in mind Bad Gas is an Ailment, so it isn't cleansed as easily as Shatter Limbs (WP's group cleanse is irrelevant). To be honest, i would prefer if it worked like Friction Burn (engies). Cone attack, 40 ft range, uses Bal.

Tklees

Post#76 » Tue Feb 02, 2016 4:39 pm

Penril wrote:
Tklees wrote:
Penril wrote:
Keep in mind Bad Gas is an Ailment, so it isn't cleansed as easily as Shatter Limbs (WP's group cleanse is irrelevant). To be honest, i would prefer if it worked like Friction Burn (engies). Cone attack, 40 ft range, uses Bal.
that works for me as well
Tklees Chatoullier
Gagirbinn

Penril

Post#77 » Tue Feb 02, 2016 4:50 pm

Anyway, it has been almost a full week since i made this thread. I don't think anyone is against making BG more viable for ranged SH's (at least, no one has been against it in this thread).

So i guess all we can do now is just wait. Thanks for all the feedback guys.

Vigfuss

Post#78 » Tue Feb 02, 2016 5:03 pm

Ground target would be nice, but it should retain some of it's risk (not too far), because the reward is very good (WP cannot cleanse)
Fusscle of Critical Acclaim

Ads
Gobtar

Post#79 » Tue Feb 02, 2016 5:15 pm

Penril's suggestion makes it "competitively" impossible as a range viable option. even a range SH sitting at 65 ft is practically toast, it's why shooting wif da winds is pretty much an auto include (which in turn is why Big shootin is all but unplayable in tier 3). If you are going to run up that close to pop Bad gas why would you not switch to squig armour?

The reason why Shattered limbs is so powerful is because it's effect on healers, not the mild inconvience to tanks or dps. The only way Penril's suggested change will be any real use was if you were in the back line, which wont happen as a range squig herder. Putting it as a ground targeting short range ability off the pet would allow the SH to stay some fair distance from the fight, and let the squig attempt to preform the task. this would still be increadibly useful to a melee squig as there is much less wait time, to trigger the ability, when moving in.

Having bad gas blow the squig up is a huge concession, Farty Squig and Tastes like chicken are used more often than not to secure an instant cast squig, not for the seconday effect, having the squig blow up after using Bad Gas makes the ability even more unwieldy.

Even with my suggestion, Bad gas will be no where as good as shattered limbs, and the reason for that is the set up.

If the end goal here is that you don't want bad gas to be a viable option for both melee and range squig herders but instead just eliminate the need to stance dance, then I do not want Bad gas to be altered at all until we can address the ability along with the rest of the melee spec. I would rather not take concessions on a difficult to use ability, that doesn't add to it's viability, only to have this "buff" weigh down the ability to have real changes to the SH melee tree.

Penril

Post#80 » Tue Feb 02, 2016 5:21 pm

How does my suggestion make it impossible as a range viable option? My suggestion gives it +10ft range (40 instead of current 30) and it makes it use Bal instead of Str. How exactly is it worse than the current implementation?