Recent Topics

Ads

[SH] Bad Gas

Black Orc, Squig Herder, Choppa, Shaman
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Penril

[SH] Bad Gas

Post#1 » Wed Jan 27, 2016 1:48 pm

So i spec'd Bad Gas last night, and dueled a friend. When i used BG i noticed he parried the attack, so it made me wonder: is BG considered a Melee Attack? Does it use Str instead of Bal?

If so, it makes this skill even harder to use for non-melee SHs (by that, i mean those who use either Big or Quick Shootin as their main tree and just go Stabbin for BG).

Take a look at this spec for example: http://waronlinebuilder.org/#career=sh; ... 8:;0:0:0:0:

This guy basically wants to stay at 90ft from his targets, using Inc HD, Init debuff, ranged snare, and Behind Ya! when possible to assist his MA with burst. Now, if he wants to use BG, he has to:

- Get close to the enemy blob
- Use Squig Armor (to turn his Bal into Str, so BG doesnt get parried)
- Get out of there (self punt, if not on CD, and possibly Run Away!).
- Optional but recommended: Use Gas Squig for extra armor

Maybe if Bad Gas was undefendable it would make that tree much more appealing. What are your thoughts?

Ads
Jaycub

Re: [SH] Bad Gas

Post#2 » Wed Jan 27, 2016 1:51 pm

Melee squigs should be made viable
<Lords of the Locker Room> <Old School>

Scrilian

Post#3 » Wed Jan 27, 2016 1:51 pm

Spoiler:
And then all buffs to be mirrored to melee SW
I think the interaction is similar to Axe Throw-ish abilities that scale from main stat, but show Dodge when fail to hit, but not sure if that's the way.
Last edited by Scrilian on Wed Jan 27, 2016 1:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Вальтер Рыжий RU => Gaziraga BW, Valefar WL, Lovejoy
Retired
ex-Greenfire/Invasion RvR leader
Wonderful RvR music videos ;)

Azarael

Post#4 » Wed Jan 27, 2016 1:52 pm

Make the Gas Squig properly emulate Assault Stance by giving it a Bal -> Strength transfer.
Scrillan wrote:And then all buffs to be mirrored to melee SW
We're not having this. Keep SW out of it.

TenTonHammer

Post#5 » Wed Jan 27, 2016 1:52 pm

nope

wouldnt make it appeling at all

melee herder is a joke and its bad not like oh monstro spec on mara is bad, like legit straight up bad

melee is where sh will never want to be and in melee they will never be as good as a real mdps

Scrilian

Post#6 » Wed Jan 27, 2016 1:54 pm

Nah, was just joking :P
Вальтер Рыжий RU => Gaziraga BW, Valefar WL, Lovejoy
Retired
ex-Greenfire/Invasion RvR leader
Wonderful RvR music videos ;)

Penril

Post#7 » Wed Jan 27, 2016 2:00 pm

Azarael wrote:Make the Gas Squig properly emulate Assault Stance by giving it a Bal -> Strength transfer.
Scrillan wrote:And then all buffs to be mirrored to melee SW
We're not having this. Keep SW out of it.
That could work. Would you remove the Armor buff from it and give it to Squig Armor?

This way, a SH could:

- Use Squig Armor for a quick armor buff (instead of having to summon a Gas Squig when in trouble)
- Use Bad Gas and other skills that require Str like Stabbity (i think it is funny that Stabbity requires Str, but you can only buff your Str in Squig Armor, and you CANT use Stabbity in SA haha) just by having the Gas Squig before combat

Please note that i dont want Melee SH tree fixed (someone else can make a thread for that). I was just pointing out the problem with using Stabbin as a second tree. Ranged SHs (which are the majority) always go Big/Quick Shootin. If Bad Gas was viable OUTSIDE of the Squig armor, i bet you would see more Big/Stabbin and Quick/Stabbin SHs running around.

Jaycub

Post#8 » Wed Jan 27, 2016 2:02 pm

TenTonHammer wrote:nope

wouldnt make it appeling at all

melee herder is a joke and its bad not like oh monstro spec on mara is bad, like legit straight up bad

melee is where sh will never want to be and in melee they will never be as good as a real mdps
Still buffing melee SH could lead to some interesting builds or group comps around it possibly. While you are right it will never be better than any other MDPS SH is in a sense a hybrid class meaning they have the advantage of being able to do RDPS even when specced mainly in melee, or allow SH's focusing on RDPS to dip into the melee tree for utility etc...
<Lords of the Locker Room> <Old School>

Ads
Azarael

Post#9 » Wed Jan 27, 2016 2:04 pm

I don't see a problem with keeping the armor buff on Gas Squig as well, because Stabbin' will never work without it. The point here is to both partly resolve the melee SH issue and to fix the defense chance of Bad Gas! when used without SA.

Penril

Post#10 » Wed Jan 27, 2016 2:14 pm

Ok. Is anyone against what Aza suggested?

Keep in mind the new Balance Discussion rules that were posted yesterday. This means:

- "I disagree because, in xxxxxx setup, the SH would be able to do xxxxxx and benefit with xxxxxx making them too powerful" (valid answer).

- "I disagree because SWs would need something similar too!" (not a valid answer).