Recent Topics

Ads

[shaman] Run Away Fundamentally the Most OP Tactic in Game?

Black Orc, Squig Herder, Choppa, Shaman
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Scrilian

Re: [shaman] Run Away Fundamentally the Most OP Tactic in Ga

Post#31 » Sat Feb 20, 2016 5:11 pm

Valnak wrote: I remember vids of Runefang + Emperor's Champion + Destroy Confidence oneshotting shaman in t4. Could do similar to whoever shaman was hotting up.
Find a link of that, please, I'm in need of a good laugh :D
Вальтер Рыжий RU => Gaziraga BW, Valefar WL, Lovejoy
Retired
ex-Greenfire/Invasion RvR leader
Wonderful RvR music videos ;)

Ads
albionrare

Post#32 » Sat Feb 20, 2016 5:21 pm

Its to balance out the wl pounce spam =)

TenTonHammer

Post#33 » Sat Feb 20, 2016 5:27 pm

albionrare wrote:Its to balance out the wl pounce spam =)
Wl and pounce specifically exists to counter run away

but then a class designed specifically to counter kiters wanst enough to counter shammys and herders

hence RKDs out the ass, triple enchantment shatters, etc

its kinda over the top

Tesq

Post#34 » Sat Feb 20, 2016 5:28 pm

TenTonHammer wrote:

but then a class designed specifically to counter kiters wanst enough to counter shammys and herders

its kinda over the top
some order live dev died by shammy hand during alpha :lol: :lol: :lol:
Last edited by Tesq on Sat Feb 20, 2016 7:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tklees

Post#35 » Sat Feb 20, 2016 5:31 pm

TenTonHammer wrote:

its kinda over the top
the justification for a lot of stuff is run away, at least in many players minds, having done a 6v6 against a good shaman in t3 where there is no shatter it is extremely difficult to pin them down as it should be. Shatter should be changed as was discussed for like 20 pages. I do not see pounce as a justification for it though. That is compensation for WL being much less viable than Mara imo.
Tklees Chatoullier
Gagirbinn

porkstar

Post#36 » Sun Feb 21, 2016 4:08 am

I feel like the kotb No Escape belongs in this discussion somewhere as well. I agree in player's minds that whenever the subject of order OP comes up, the justification is usually Run Away, Mara pull, BG kd/punt, DoK cleanse. It's obviously much more complicated than that and I certainly haven't fully wrapped my head around it. I just wonder if the stigma of order being "easy mode" will ever be resolved. With so many counters, I don't think Run Away is OP at all especially when any player could have something similar by using Odjira (maybe in the future).

I'm not sure if anyone is following Camelot Unchained but an entire faction (1/3 of the population) is thematically built around quick insertion/extraction/mobility. It's like putting "run away" on a macro scale. Should be interesting
Vagreena Auntie Dangercat
Porkstar Hamcat Coolwave
Penril wrote:So you are saying that a class you never touched is OP?
Go play it before posting about it pal...

Gachimuchi

Post#37 » Sun Feb 21, 2016 4:59 am

Tklees wrote:. I do not see pounce as a justification for it though. That is compensation for WL being much less viable than Mara imo.
Good WLs pounce on a ranged squishy and they're usually dead before I can get a heal off on them(save a tank still standing around in the backline for one reason or another). Their burst is much higher than Mara and doesn't need 3-4 GCDs of applying debuffs worth of warning.
Zuuka - Okayzoomer - and many others
Khandikhaine/Ligmuh/Egf - Meatcircle - Ukruton - and many others
Old School / Lords of the Locker Room

Penril

Post#38 » Tue Feb 23, 2016 9:54 pm

Gachimuchi wrote:
Tklees wrote:. I do not see pounce as a justification for it though. That is compensation for WL being much less viable than Mara imo.
Good WLs pounce on a ranged squishy and they're usually dead before I can get a heal off on them(save a tank still standing around in the backline for one reason or another). Their burst is much higher than Mara and doesn't need 3-4 GCDs of applying debuffs worth of warning.
Seeing a WL on the enemy roster is a good reason for tanks to not push too far away of their own backline. Not all fights are won just by pushing your enemies as hard as possible; sometimes, you need to apply a little strategy (this is mostly determined by group set-ups).

Ads
mursie

Post#39 » Tue Feb 23, 2016 10:02 pm

As the game continues to progress and level up - white lions in general will fade in power/importance while mara will begin to excel (slayer will continue to excel).

Tklees

Post#40 » Tue Feb 23, 2016 10:24 pm

Gachimuchi wrote:
Because the current lvl cap doesn't allow the Mara to get its crit tactic, finisher, and still run thier debuff spec. While WL get thier crit tactic core and for now do great burst. Once 40 comes Mara will have the burst of a WL as well as their debuffs and tank like survival, while WL will proceed to fall off due to higher defense values, a lack of a Inc heal debuff, and a pet that does not scale well.
Tklees Chatoullier
Gagirbinn