Recent Topics

Ads

[Black Orc] Talk bout da builds ere.

Black Orc, Squig Herder, Choppa, Shaman
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
arthur2k

Re: [Black Orc] Talk bout da builds ere.

Post#21 » Tue Feb 23, 2016 6:12 pm

Didn't see that tactic really :o opi!
Karak-Norn Destruction, we öwnd.

Ads
TenTonHammer

Post#22 » Tue Feb 23, 2016 6:13 pm

yes its a legit legit spec choice imho to get NiDF + DYG and YMM (if SnB)

@Shadow

We will eventually reach a point where there will be 2 main BO builds i feel; DYG vs Big Brawlin

Either way no matter what you should be going heavy into the brawler tree to buff da biggest then you will need to decide what kind of playstlye you want

both has its merits

Big brawlin is a 100% uptime 30ft snare

vs

DYG that is the hardest hitting kd in the game which now that we have a better non target needing ability in big swing it is easier to prime the knock down

and you missed me with stacks with crippling stikes to reduce physical damage by 40%

Shadowgurke

Post#23 » Tue Feb 23, 2016 6:34 pm

TenTonHammer wrote:

@Shadow

We will eventually reach a point where there will be 2 main BO builds i feel; DYG vs Big Brawlin

Either way no matter what you should be going heavy into the brawler tree to buff da biggest then you will need to decide what kind of playstlye you want

both has its merits

vs

DYG that is the hardest hitting kd in the game which now that we have a better non target needing ability in big swing it is easier to prime the knock down

and you missed me with stacks with crippling stikes to reduce physical damage by 40%
How hard does DYG actually hit? I mean we are still playing a tank, is the damage really that good? Cave in seens to have superior tooltip damage. I feel like big swing is your go to option to reduce incoming physical damage, that is why I prefer it over YMM.

Tinkering a bit with the specs, how do you feel about this?

http://waronlinebuilder.org/#career=bo; ... :;;0:0:0:0:

Obviously reducing Da Biggest! quite a bit and missing out on NITF

Penril

Post#24 » Tue Feb 23, 2016 6:42 pm

Shadowgurke wrote:
TenTonHammer wrote:

@Shadow

both has its merits

vs

How hard does DYG actually hit? I mean we are still playing a tank, is the damage really that good? Cave in seens to have superior tooltip damage. I feel like big swing is your go to option to reduce incoming physical damage, that is why I prefer it over YMM.

Tinkering a bit with the specs, how do you feel about this?

http://waronlinebuilder.org/#career=bo; ... :;;0:0:0:0:

Obviously reducing Da Biggest! quite a bit and missing out on NITF
Why not use both? One is a Str debuff, the other a flat -20% reduction to physical damage. YMM also stacks with Crippling Strikes, you do the math.

Tenton mentioned 2 specs, both having Brawler as main tree. Bigges/Toughest is also a viable spec (not saying it is better than the other ones; just saying it is viable).

http://waronlinebuilder.org/#career=bo; ... 3:;0:0:0:0:

ST KD, AoE snare (spammable without any AP problems thanks to SHDR), YMM. If you don't have any AP problems you can swap SHDR for Good wif shield.

Shadowgurke

Post#25 » Tue Feb 23, 2016 6:49 pm

Penril wrote: Why not use both? One is a Str debuff, the other a flat -20% reduction to physical damage. YMM also stacks with Crippling Strikes, you do the math.
I mean Big Swing in combination with big brawlin, which might not be viable when also speccing YMM. Again, no idea if that low of an investment in brawler path is an option (talking about my all in 1 spec).

Toughest + Boss seems like it could work, although you might just lose the DPS cababilities BO offers.

TenTonHammer

Post#26 » Tue Feb 23, 2016 6:51 pm

To put it in context back when the level cap was 26

i ran the DYG + YMM build

With only rugged and SYG as my tactics

my DYG crits dealt 1k dmg the burst is very strong

i dont think that we will really have ap problems i think we might have some right now because all the doks are droppin that ap on heal tactic for AoE detaunt

if i may drop my 2 cents about why i feel that going up brawler tree is important and that is no b/c of dps but rather because of the very good scaling nature od da biggest and how important it is to buff you best bellow

Also i feel that you need to very seriously consider running Yoy sez me block

Penril

Post#27 » Tue Feb 23, 2016 6:52 pm

Shadowgurke wrote:
Penril wrote: Why not use both? One is a Str debuff, the other a flat -20% reduction to physical damage. YMM also stacks with Crippling Strikes, you do the math.
I mean Big Swing in combination with big brawlin, which might not be viable when also speccing YMM. Again, no idea if that low of an investment in brawler path is an option (talking about my all in 1 spec).

Toughest + Boss seems like it could work, although you might just lose the DPS cababilities BO offers.
As i said, i wasn't implying it is a better spec than the other ones. But i feel it is totally viable for certain setups. Specially if you are solo tanking, your group lacks a KD, or have several rDPS in your group (keep enemies perma-snared, KD enemy mdps that gets close to your backlines, etc).

TenTonHammer

Post#28 » Tue Feb 23, 2016 6:57 pm

At the same time you could do brawler + boss

perma snare and high bellow to steal more iniative to inc crit chance more

I talked about this idea with jaycub about dps shammy + mag + sorc

and if bo specd waaagh you can debuff all 3 resist types

Ads
Shadowgurke

Post#29 » Tue Feb 23, 2016 7:01 pm

TenTonHammer wrote:
Also i feel that you need to very seriously consider running Yoy sez me block
While I really like the tactic and I personally run it right now, the issue is that we don't have our M4 yet. So in longer battles, we can use M2 on CD but then we are left with a full bar of morale and nothing to press. Once we can get a decent M4 I would be much more inclined to use it

TenTonHammer

Post#30 » Tue Feb 23, 2016 7:07 pm

distracting bellow has its merits i feel