Recent Topics

Ads

[Black Orc] Talk bout da builds ere.

Black Orc, Squig Herder, Choppa, Shaman
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Mcz

Re: [Black Orc] Talk bout da builds ere.

Post#541 » Mon Dec 25, 2017 9:57 am

Collateral wrote:viewtopic.php?f=71&t=23651 This fellow was wondering the same thing. I explained everything I know about the class, lvling etc. in that thread, so I won't repeat myself here again.
Thanks Collateral,

read that thread also and atm im specced in middle tree. Only 29/26 atm and im just curious if im doing stuff right. Only thing i do right now is swap guard to whoever needs it (follow dps around and assist on them or fall back to guard healers getting focused if needed) and spamming CHM.

What im curious about is my rotations if u could call em that... i know u have to adapt to situation, char your hitting but when following the dps do u use all abilities or focus on some (have this problem on all my toons really)

Do i mainly use the abilities in the specced tree or do i rotate the ones from other trees into it also and what is priority?

Ads
Collateral

Post#542 » Mon Dec 25, 2017 11:07 am

Bo simply has to use rotations, it's basically the class mechanic. The rotations are easy and not hard to learn.

What I do at the start of every combat is buff my stats. So you start with follow me lead, which also buffs your defensive target (usually the player you guard). In the end game this will be pretty much your only first plan ability. Then go into tuffer n nails to buff your armour if you have to (since you're a low rank it would be smart to do it), and finish with savin me hide for toughness buff, again if you need it. Then you have to start debuffing the enemy. After the first rotation you want to start snaring the target and having permanent skull thumper on them. So you try to finish every rotation with skull thumper. Of course, you can always mix things up. If you have any speced skills it depends on what plan they need, or if they maybe need block like you missed me etc. When you get shut yer face (silence) you also want to use that on healers and casters.

There are different ways to play bo, as you saw in this thread. What I always recommend is start with snb and learn the class and the archetype, guarding etc (if you're a new player). Dealing damage will come later, trust me. If you don't have the planB addon I seriously recommend using it.

Nekkma

Post#543 » Thu Jan 04, 2018 5:35 pm

Quick question.

In .ab changelist it says that "Down Ya Go is avaliable at 9 points in Da Boss, swapped with Can't Hit Me!"

First of all "Can't hit me" is in da toughest and when i put a point in that i get "can't hit me". I then tried 9 point ability in da boss, which is "Rock Ard" and got that ability. Is the "down ya go" change reverted or is there some trick to respeccing I do not get to get the changes?
Nekkma / Hjortron
Zatakk
Smultron

ragafury

Post#544 » Thu Jan 04, 2018 5:39 pm

Nekkma wrote:Quick question.

In .ab changelist it says that "Down Ya Go is avaliable at 9 points in Da Boss, swapped with Can't Hit Me!"

First of all "Can't hit me" is in da toughest and when i put a point in that i get "can't hit me". I then tried 9 point ability in da boss, which is "Rock Ard" and got that ability. Is the "down ya go" change reverted or is there some trick to respeccing I do not get to get the changes?
DYG is the 14 pts ability of middle tree (toughest).
CHM is the 10 pts ability of middle tree (toughest).

Rock 'Ard is the 10 pts ability of right tree (boss).

CHM and DYG switched places 1 or 2 months ago.

Hope that helps.
--- inactive ---
---guildless---

rmpl

Post#545 » Thu Jan 04, 2018 6:11 pm

ragafury wrote:CHM and DYG switched places 1 or 2 months ago.
What was the thought process behind this change? Was it before or after the Big Swing nerf?

Penril

Post#546 » Thu Jan 04, 2018 6:15 pm

rmpl wrote:
What was the thought process behind this change? Was it before or after the Big Swing nerf?
DYG got a Whispering Winds effect. Probably too strong for being 10 points.

rmpl

Post#547 » Thu Jan 04, 2018 6:39 pm

Penril wrote:
rmpl wrote:
DYG got a Whispering Winds effect. Probably too strong for being 10 points.
Hmm I'm not sure how to feel about that, on one hand Chop Fasta opens up loads of possibilities like instant effect curing or
Shatter Enchantment spam etc but on the other hand having Three Hit Combo AND a stun would be great.

So far I'm loving the additional Chop Fasta but I haven't played before the change so I don't know which one was/is better.

TenTonHammer

Post#548 » Thu Jan 04, 2018 8:09 pm

rmpl wrote: Hmm I'm not sure how to feel about that, on one hand Chop Fasta opens up loads of possibilities like instant effect curing or
Shatter Enchantment spam etc but on the other hand having Three Hit Combo AND a stun would be great.

So far I'm loving the additional Chop Fasta but I haven't played before the change so I don't know which one was/is better.

Chop fasta with its long ass 2m cd makes it seem pretty impossible to use effectively

it was only good for sorc bombing in WB play then the devs removed the synergy and so now ontop of no longing bombing any real utility to WB's and having no AoE 1200 dmg morales for bombing unlike WE/Mara choppas are almost non desirable for WB now

then for some reason the chop fasta effect got slapped onto DYG for some reason even though no one asked for it and made chopa fasta even more non relevant

DYG was fine on its own at 9 pts, it hit hard that is hard CC which BO other wise lacks with no super punt

that was reason sufficent alone to get it

Ads
rmpl

Post#549 » Thu Jan 04, 2018 8:32 pm

I also have one more question for Penril, was DYG change intended as a nerf or just out of touch rework?

Penril

Post#550 » Thu Jan 04, 2018 8:35 pm

What nerf?