Recent Topics

Ads

[Black Orc] Talk bout da builds ere.

Black Orc, Squig Herder, Choppa, Shaman
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Nefarian78

Re: [Black Orc] Talk bout da builds ere.

Post#471 » Mon Sep 25, 2017 12:11 am

Foomy44 wrote:I am having a very easy time keeping close to 100% uptime on WAAAGH and plenty of uptime on Skullthumper by using the tactic Bring 'Em On and having the renown parry bonus maxed. Might not work in all scenarios but more often than not I'm parrying something every second or so in big fights, to the point where my biggest complaint is I can never use my knockback or other Gud Plan buffs when I want to cuz I'm constantly shooting straight to Best Plan.
Bring 'Em On is generally a terrible tactic. It interrupts your rotation each time you parry, limiting your rotation to only best plan skills. By doing that you're basically locking yourself out of a quarter of your kit, and it's not worth loosing so much to have 100% Red Frenzy-SkullThumper uptime. It's better to not have 100% Red Frenzy uptime and instead focus on refreshing skullthumper, along with having all your other skills.
They done stole my character's names. Can't have **** in RoR.

Ads
Foomy44

Post#472 » Mon Sep 25, 2017 12:24 am

I'm aware it screws my rotation and locks me outta some moves, but it's got upsides too. I have 0 AP problems since Best Plan moves are free. My damage has gone WAY up, I just hit 40 yesterday, just have Ruin, and in SCs I come close to the same damage as other BOs I see running around in BL/Dominator gear. I have every stat stolen almost all the time cuz of the AoE spam, also lots of loudmouth damage. Having more chances to keep skullthumper up and getting 20% crit on almost every attack combos nicely, plus best plan attacks do more base damage than other ones anyways far as I can tell. Near 100% uptime on WAAAGH is good times, and I got lucky and got Sub weapon so more AoE = more procs. Knowing I won't get to use lesser plans often makes it easier to skip spending mastery points on them and try out other stuff, like going up the left and middle trees for the tactics that get buffed from Best Plan. Not saying its amazing or OP but it has definitely been working well for me.
Last edited by Foomy44 on Mon Sep 25, 2017 2:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Destro: Chompy, ShroomStew, TrollBlood, DoomBeast, DoomDoctor, DoomDisk, Doomshadow, FunkFoot, Bloodwell
Order: Stormwall, Mistfall, CatNap, BoomRune, Bangman

DokB

Post#473 » Mon Sep 25, 2017 12:31 am

I really like the sound of that group set up Foot, 15 point Da Boss BO sounds pretty good now with Rock ‘Ard and WAAAGH! changes. Shame about the Big Swing change, but having constant bubbles for your group and the Red Frenzy will make melee trains groups even more enjoyable I think.

I still prefer THC over WAAAGH! if I am small scale roaming in RvR/scenarios which is what I usually do.

Slightly off-topic question: I’m getting close to my first piece of Overlord/Imp. Which set is better for DPS Black Orc? I can’t access the google drive right now to check the bonuses/stats.
Zoggof - Black Orc
Doinks - Ironbreaker
Leatherman - Blackguard

Collateral

Post#474 » Mon Sep 25, 2017 8:42 am

Overlord bonus is 7% increased defenses for 10s, 10% chance on hit to trigger. It's decent for rvr and being a bit more tanky, but I prefer some other set bonuses. The stats are nothing special really, for both sets I think, I wouldn't consider using them for any stats, especially now that so many new pieces with initiative are coming. Combining other sets for stacking bonuses is much much better imo, or if you want a better proc, like the one from dominator.

DokB

Post#475 » Mon Sep 25, 2017 10:08 am

I'm not thinking of running it since I also don't see the stats/procs as worthwhile compared with other combinations. Just wanted to see which one would be the best to go with since I can only pick 1 of the 2/
Zoggof - Black Orc
Doinks - Ironbreaker
Leatherman - Blackguard

Collateral

Post#476 » Mon Sep 25, 2017 10:43 am

I don't understand, if you don't want to run it, get whatever you want, why even ask :P

DokB

Post#477 » Mon Sep 25, 2017 11:18 am

I didn't know what set was the dps spec and which was the tank spec because I didn't have the sets bonuses in front of me.
Zoggof - Black Orc
Doinks - Ironbreaker
Leatherman - Blackguard

ragafury

Post#478 » Mon Sep 25, 2017 11:44 am

Offensive should be Imperator. Block + parry strike through. Same % as on the other. But on hit if I'm right.
--- inactive ---
---guildless---

Ads
Haojin

Post#479 » Mon Sep 25, 2017 11:51 am

ultimate "da big un" pve farm tutorial.

http://waronlinebuilder.org/#career=bo; ... :4470:4480:

1-use parry set [pref bl]
2-use bane for 2hander
3-use 4 piece of parry jewels. [skaven/hapless ha penny/strife/torment]
4-max parry from rr
5-enjoy farming.
Guildmaster of Phalanx

K8P - Karak Norn

Collateral

Post#480 » Mon Sep 25, 2017 12:12 pm

Or spec chm with ap tactic and gork smash and pull mobs for dayz while watching you favourite movie ;)