Recent Topics

Ads

[Black Orc] Talk bout da builds ere.

Black Orc, Squig Herder, Choppa, Shaman
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
DokB

Re: [Black Orc] Talk bout da builds ere.

Post#261 » Sun Jan 22, 2017 9:09 pm

What armour debuffs in game are better than a fully Brawler spec’d Wot Armor? I know of Rending Claw but that’s it and I just wanted to get an idea on any others that I should be aware of.

Also any thoughts on Dat Was Great!? Does the toughness debuff stack with your stat steal bellow?
Zoggof - Black Orc
Doinks - Ironbreaker
Leatherman - Blackguard

Ads
peterthepan3

Post#262 » Mon Jan 23, 2017 1:53 am

Marauder and an offensive BG with max hate both have access to stronger armor debuffs. Don't bother using that tactic because toughness debuffs are usually applied by another class, and you would lose a valuable tactic slot.

DokB

Post#263 » Fri Jan 27, 2017 2:27 am

I've been thinking about moving away from the aoe snare now that I hit rr60.

Can't decide on what I should run as my last tactic. I was thinking maybe Loudmouth/SYG. I run about 30% block and I'm fairly tanky and a great melee assist, and great at maintaining pressure.

Thoughts?

http://waronlinebuilder.org/#career=bo; ... :4470:4480:
Zoggof - Black Orc
Doinks - Ironbreaker
Leatherman - Blackguard

Collateral

Post#264 » Fri Jan 27, 2017 11:55 am

What weapons and gear do you have, and what are your stats? I usualy don't run YSMBD in small scale, and replace it with loudmouth. Personaly, I wouldn't consider SYG as a snb tank. It's a waste of a tactic slot. Leave the DD to mdps, and focus on CC. So no, I would not replace big brawling for SYG, it's just such a good tactic currently.

Yardy

Post#265 » Fri Feb 10, 2017 7:51 am

DokB wrote:I've been thinking about moving away from the aoe snare now that I hit rr60.

Can't decide on what I should run as my last tactic. I was thinking maybe Loudmouth/SYG. I run about 30% block and I'm fairly tanky and a great melee assist, and great at maintaining pressure.

Thoughts?

http://waronlinebuilder.org/#career=bo; ... :4470:4480:

Yeah mate i feel the same way and i'm only 50rr, I've been a snare bot for my whole time playing as a Blork and feel as if it isn't making much of a stir in the fray... NIDF is noticeable more effective and so is DYG. Ive been doing alot of testing with and without....i do agree it is a great tactic but i don't feel as helpful with it compared to doing damage as a tank with a knockdown keeping up the pressure......
CRUDE big boss! (Scrubs can lead too)
Yardpig- Black Orc

roadkillrobin

Post#266 » Fri Feb 10, 2017 8:25 am

Big Swing snare isn't all that great in small scale tbh. Its good to slow down tanks but thats about it. Order have both the CC and manouvrabillity for it to not be very punishing for them. If you however run a ranged based group it's kinda manditory. In the big picture it doesn't have the same destructive effect on Order groups like Slice Trough have on Destro groups.

Its better to focus on Brute Force strategy instead of trying to play the same gimped version of what the other realm is better at. Try to finetune the hybrid playstyle of Destro tanks. Its more about raw dps and mitigration and less about CC wich is more of Order's thing. Minmaxing Blorcs doesn't really work all that well. Its about finding that ballance.

DokB

Post#267 » Mon Feb 13, 2017 2:51 am

Collateral wrote:What weapons and gear do you have, and what are your stats? I usualy don't run YSMBD in small scale, and replace it with loudmouth. Personaly, I wouldn't consider SYG as a snb tank. It's a waste of a tactic slot. Leave the DD to mdps, and focus on CC. So no, I would not replace big brawling for SYG, it's just such a good tactic currently.
Sorry for the late reply, completely overlooked this thread the last few weeks.

I run about 4K armor with 2 Merc/3 Anni (including Shoulders for the reduced crit), with around 690 STR and 600 Toughness before buffs. 2 Genesis jewels and 2 The Winds Impervious jewellery. I’ve been trying to find a decent middle ground between tanky while still having good damage to back up your guard target. I use the Stikka of Vehemence for the reduce to crit and the reduced armor pen.

I’ve decided to take your advice for the final tactic to swap it between YSMBD in RvR and Loudmouth when in small scale. The only downside with Loudmouth I’ve found is when you are forced to swap to Da Toughest bellow which doesn’t refresh itself. Having pretty good results so far and really enjoying having a KD to go alongside Shut Yer Face. Plus with the implementation of QE and the aoe damage calculation changes, snare spam just ain’t what it used to be. Not to mention it’s quite heavy on action points.

There are certainly are moments where I miss the snare, but I’m having too much fun now with the KD and like old mate Yardpig said, you can feel the difference you make when you’re armed with a KD compared with snare.

EDIT: After some testing, I have now realized that Da Toughest bellow can still proc Loudmouth multiple times, but it won't refresh the Wounds buff (which is understandable). Pretty cool!
Zoggof - Black Orc
Doinks - Ironbreaker
Leatherman - Blackguard

Collateral

Post#268 » Mon Feb 13, 2017 2:34 pm

DokB wrote:Sorry for the late reply, completely overlooked this thread the last few weeks.

I run about 4K armor with 2 Merc/3 Anni (including Shoulders for the reduced crit), with around 690 STR and 600 Toughness before buffs. 2 Genesis jewels and 2 The Winds Impervious jewellery. I’ve been trying to find a decent middle ground between tanky while still having good damage to back up your guard target. I use the Stikka of Vehemence for the reduce to crit and the reduced armor pen.

I’ve decided to take your advice for the final tactic to swap it between YSMBD in RvR and Loudmouth when in small scale. The only downside with Loudmouth I’ve found is when you are forced to swap to Da Toughest bellow which doesn’t refresh itself. Having pretty good results so far and really enjoying having a KD to go alongside Shut Yer Face. Plus with the implementation of QE and the aoe damage calculation changes, snare spam just ain’t what it used to be. Not to mention it’s quite heavy on action points.

There are certainly are moments where I miss the snare, but I’m having too much fun now with the KD and like old mate Yardpig said, you can feel the difference you make when you’re armed with a KD compared with snare.

EDIT: After some testing, I have now realized that Da Toughest bellow can still proc Loudmouth multiple times, but it won't refresh the Wounds buff (which is understandable). Pretty cool!

Yea I pretty much always run with the snare, cuz I just can't be bothered to respec all the time, since our guild is runing warbands mostly. I imagine KD is pretty good, I never tried it though. Da Toughest procs loudmouth quite a lot, that's why it's really good to run it in synergy. If you have buffhead addon, you can see how many procs you are getting, your screen gets a bit messy haha.

I used to run 500-600 STR and around 700 toughess, maybe a bit lower. I was pretty much always on the top of the ladder as far as damage goes in SCs. But I felt too squishy. Compared to any other tank, BOs really suffer from turning dps. So I just went full deftard, with 430 STR and 800+ tou, over 900 with buffs. It's fun to go offensive until your enemies realize how squishy you actually are, if they are good players of course. They won't expect a SnB tank to dish out so much dmg. But when they turn on you, you'll be in trouble soon. I was also running with the crit weapon and crit helm from RvR lakes. I didn't however run Gork Smash. But the damage was still pretty insane. In longer SCs you can easily get over 100-150K dmg. BOs are kind of a disguised dps class in that regard.

For tanking, I'm running 3 anni/2 ruin. Anni gives nice toughness bonus and a very good ele resist bonus for all those pesky BWs. Ruin obviously for armour bonus. With pot or buff, I have 4200 armour. I used to stack armour but changed it to tou, cuz I felt it would be better for all the non physical damage in RvR, but since the new changes, stacking armour might be a good idea again, since most groups are melee ST, especially in SCs. Although I don't really know the exact math behind armour and tou, so I'm not sure which one mitigates overall dmg better. Some say tou is better to stack for tanks.

I don't really feel the difference QE makes honestly. If your group has good enough burst, I think QE won't make a difference. But I didn't test it, so I might be wrong.

To be honest, I am tired of the aoe snare spam. And having our wb composition change into single target ranged groups, I am really getting bored. Since I'm usualy the only BO, the aoe snare is a very good utility we just can't pass on. The CC spam in this game is insane. They might as well reduce everyones speed to 40% and remove all the CC abilities, which would be like half of all abilites (sarcasm, but seriously, there's a lot of them). As a tank, I don't do much other than spam aoe snare and an occasional punt or root. It's just not a game I want to play. The kite game is really boring for me. Yes you can run melee groups, but we tried it and it just doesn't work. So I think I'll take a break from the game. Maybe I'll try going full ST, specing KD and see how it goes. But as far as RvR goes, I just don't enjoy it like I used to.

Ads
Ninepaces

Post#269 » Mon Feb 13, 2017 4:26 pm

all you people complaining about aoe snare are nuts. its our only counter to kobs tri snare bullshit and the single most important reason for taking bo in group.

Collateral

Post#270 » Mon Feb 13, 2017 8:11 pm

Of course it's important, I never said it wasn't. What I said is that I am tired of the f__ing snarefest and rootfest that this game is, and pretty much the only utility I have in a wb is spaming that god damn aoe snare to hopefuly catch some order that is almost constantly kiting. This gameplay became extraodinarily stupid and, as I said like 10 times, BORING for me.