Recent Topics

Ads

[Black Orc] Talk bout da builds ere.

Black Orc, Squig Herder, Choppa, Shaman
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Penril

Re: [Black Orc] Talk bout da builds ere.

Post#251 » Wed Nov 23, 2016 4:34 pm

Beardypete wrote:Well that sucks. Why did they change it?
My guess is, it didn't crit on live (I don't remember tbh).

Ads
peterthepan3

Post#252 » Wed Nov 23, 2016 5:12 pm

ballnazor wrote:
Ultraflame wrote:Anyone know if strength and weapon skill increase loudmouth damage and does loudmouth critt ?
Loudmouth crits, but i have no idea if it scales with str and weapon skill. I'd assume that its not affected by those stats.

Seen a lot of BO's try out 2H lately, what items and builds are you running?
Im hitting about 600/700 (str/tough) in my current gear, will be increased by about 50 str once i get another genesis piece and its worth slotting. Incredibly easy to burst healers and dps, most of the time people dont realize just how hard theyre about to get hit and ignore you since lmao2htank. Big brawling is essential and theres no point in going a build without it imo, despite the fact that its pretty rad to stack damage tactics on black orcs. Loudmouth is one of the stronger dps tactics for BO, seems like gork smash and big choppin' are the only ones that bring more damage to the table.

http://waronlinebuilder.org/#career=bo; ... 8:;0:0:0:0:
Tbh if going 2h DPS I would probably take 25% crit over Loudmouth as the playstyle, i.e. 2h burst, excels at killing squishies asap, as opposed to sustained damage (decent players will notice you and eventually focus you , whereas a DPS SNB isn't usually focused so quick). The SYF tactic is very good later on when you have ample amounts of melee power and crit at your disposal.

Dalgrimar

Post#253 » Sat Dec 10, 2016 5:57 pm

Some info about my BO.

rr39 titans choppa
rr39 2% block 2% parry shield.
Full mercenary ( Cuz you want the crit on 5piece)
Skaven jewel with parry or reduced change to be crit.
2x 20str/20wounds jewelry
1x 21 str/8wounds/18ws renown vendor jewel
belt: 22str/22ws or 37str/2 morale per second
Cloak: Vanguard Shroud of brawn offensive renown vendor cloak
all out str talis.

Tactics i go toughness, gork smash, stab you gooder, aoe snare.

RR Spec i go:
Full RD, rest in block
or rd1 rest in crit

Now, for RvR i swap out the 3 offensive jewels for the
3piece set jewelry with
2piece:innitiative
3piece: armor
and swap out offensive cloak + belt for devensive one
Tactics i use for RvR are:
Toughness, 10% block, morale on block and aoe snare

I use this build:
waronlinebuilder.org - Black Orc build

Playstyle:
use skull thumper before THC
spam aoe snare
use NIDF on wp's
Use Savin Me' Hide for toughness buff to self(Apparently the magic dmg reduction is bugged?)
Only use AoE punt when REALLY needed and mostly in a defensive manner when people are blobbed up on an ally or when offensive to place 1-2 targets out of position/reduce the gap for allyd dps.
Keep your Challenge up and aim it.
Use Taunt to interupt a ress/channel or right before THC for extra burst.
Hold The Line when getting heavy range presure.
Rest should be basic knowledge.
Dalgri - Ftp/Sens - Sadboi - Fanboy

utube
twitch

joaolol

Post#254 » Wed Jan 04, 2017 12:19 am

Im thinking about rolling Black Orcs and i've seen many 2h builds here, but none had stun. Why?

Dont you think this might be good for killing healers? What do you think of this?

http://www.ror.builders/career/black-or ... ,4486,4466

2H BO with Stun and Burst DMG, loss of AoE snare.
Joaotrinta

Daknallbomb
Game Artist

Post#255 » Wed Jan 04, 2017 4:58 am

Hmmm u rly want to go 2h? A Black orc Do nice dmg for a Tank with snb aswell
Tinkabell 40/41 Magus Whaagit 40/41 SH Whaagot 40/54 BO Daknallfrosch 40/72shammy

DokB

Post#256 » Wed Jan 04, 2017 6:20 am

joaolol wrote:Im thinking about rolling Black Orcs and i've seen many 2h builds here, but none had stun. Why?

Dont you think this might be good for killing healers? What do you think of this?

http://www.ror.builders/career/black-or ... ,4486,4466

2H BO with Stun and Burst DMG, loss of AoE snare.
If you want to kill healers fast as 2H BO, then might be worth slotting Not in Da Face (will need to have 4 Merc armor pieces for the +1 Da Brawler bonus). Since you don't have a heal debuff as BO, your next best thing is a CD increaser so they won't be able to spam all their heals as quickly and the 4 second immunity can be a life saver.

Other than that, 2h BO is great at bursting squishies down but you will die a lot. I'd take the snare tactic over the KD any day simply because it's so good to have, unless the group specifically want a KD on hand but it's up to you.

Like above said, SnB BO does all a 2H BO can do and more, all at the cost of slightly less spike damage but with more survivability + versatility in groups. And more survivability = more stunty stompin. :)
Zoggof - Black Orc
Doinks - Ironbreaker
Leatherman - Blackguard

HeroesFall

Post#257 » Wed Jan 18, 2017 5:48 pm

I'm currently working my way through this knowledgeable thread, but figured I'd ask some question in the interim. Additionally, I don't know if the items discussed in the beginning of this thread are still viable in the current game build (as other talents / builds may have become more viable) but I'm working off the assumption that they are.

For my understanding of base stats, wounds is pure hp, toughness is flat damage reduction (all types), armor is physical protection, and the different resistances are to counter your casters / magic damage. I don't know the state weights (ie 20 toughness is .5% reduction), but based on the above, I assume our top stats are toughness with wounds and resistances coming with the gear (wounds on armor, resist on jewelry).

If one wants to go for a support SnB build, would the above stat weight be good, or should resistances / wounds be shown preference? I am guessing this type of build is beneficial for RvR / SC's where you are performing a niche role in a larger group.

For PQ's, solo SC's, and any other areas where damage might be preferential (are there others?), do you replace your stacking of toughness for strength and weapon skill? Or is some toughness still needed (hit 'x' value then go str / ws)?

Regarding builds, all I've gathered so far is Da Boss isn't useful? Da Brawler / Da Toughest are better options. I've seen discussions of certain abilities to get and have been learning acronyms thrown around here. Tactics I have no clue, as I know they synergize with your stat builds, or allow you to sacrifice a stat on gear and make up for it there.

Finally, I've seen a lot about AoE punts, but I could of sworn there used to be a single target punt. I recall it most on my live IB, but since Borks are the mirror, don't they have one also?

Edit: Current build idea
http://waronlinebuilder.org/#career=bo; ... 8:;0:0:0:0:
Last edited by HeroesFall on Thu Jan 19, 2017 6:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

tazdingo

Post#258 » Wed Jan 18, 2017 5:59 pm

BO is SM mirror not IB

Ads
HeroesFall

Post#259 » Wed Jan 18, 2017 6:17 pm

Oops, heh.

footpatrol2

Post#260 » Wed Jan 18, 2017 6:31 pm

Just to be nit picky
BO/SM is the career mechanic mirror
BO/IB is the archetype mirror (physical damage reduction tanks/buffbots)
BO/SM role mirror (The roaming tanks)

IB/BG is the career mechanic mirror
IB/BO is the archetype mirror (physical damage reduction tanks/buffbots)
IB/chosen is the role mirror (keep defense/BO holding tanks)

Its a nuance point so...