Recent Topics

Ads

2H tank damage…

Black Orc, Squig Herder, Choppa, Shaman
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
nwind2002

2H tank damage…

Post#1 » Mon Jul 26, 2021 7:09 pm

Hey all,

I have leveled up an iron breaker to 36, and a black orc to 37. Both of these characters are pretty geared for the 16-39 bracket, so I understand the numbers may be a bit off… but…

Does 2H tank damage do this much at 40? Or does it fall off? This is so crazy to me, that I can literally kill other players in a knockdown. While maintaining a decent amount of survivability.

I’m still learning the game, and having a lot of fun. But man… why would I play any of the squishier melee classes?

Ads
Fritomaster

Re: 2H tank damage…

Post#2 » Mon Jul 26, 2021 9:58 pm

nwind2002 wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 7:09 pm Hey all,

I have leveled up an iron breaker to 36, and a black orc to 37. Both of these characters are pretty geared for the 16-39 bracket, so I understand the numbers may be a bit off… but…

Does 2H tank damage do this much at 40? Or does it fall off? This is so crazy to me, that I can literally kill other players in a knockdown. While maintaining a decent amount of survivability.

I’m still learning the game, and having a lot of fun. But man… why would I play any of the squishier melee classes?
So odd. I just lveled up a IB to 36 and my black orc is 37.

From what I've read it does fall off until really good gear. But ya dude IB is a blast I kill people in a cave in. Black orc hits hard but I find the gameplay not as smooth or easy to pull off.

Aethilmar

Post#3 » Mon Jul 26, 2021 10:55 pm

Take everything sub-40 with a grain of salt.

I mean, you will be able to do very good damage (for a tank) once you are fully geared out at RR 75+ but that is a long haul so enjoy your moment.

Baaldr

Post#4 » Tue Jul 27, 2021 12:23 am

It falls off pretty hard

Marchmain

Post#5 » Tue Jul 27, 2021 5:28 am

When you hit first 40 you will be in for a shock. You will get basically one shot by WE/WH and pretty much any better dps class you come across that normally you had very little issues with in T1-T3. That said if you are in a situation where you are able to stay grouped and aren't hard focused you can still do pretty high damage. It might not kill anything but your numbers will be fairly high at the end of the match.

I had a game of Gates of Ekrund which basically was a stale mate most of the game with both sides trying to get mid and neither able to make a dent. I stood on the flag and just spammed attacks on everyone who was near me and was using a lot of AOE for almost the entire game. Saw numbers I had never seen previously.

But bursting down another person from 100-0? Not likely unless you bump into another new 40 without support.

kmark101

Post#6 » Tue Jul 27, 2021 7:10 am

At least 2h IB damage falls off pretty hard at fresh 40, you won't be able to make a dent on geared people and you will be squishier than a dps class (due to lack of detaunt).

Your damage will never be the same as a BG (aoe) or BO (higher damage scaling on certain skills) or Chosen/SM (magical attacks) because all your attacks do physical damage type, so you gotta stack Weaponskill stats as well, while those classes don't need to worry about that extra stat. It's a flaw in the design of the game.

As a fresh IB go snb and support your team. Then at rr75+ you can start trying out 2h again, but you gotta play really wimpy because sorc/we will kinda 2round you and SH/shaman will kite you forever and kill you with ease as well.
Gryyw - Ironbreaker