Recent Topics

Ads

[Shaman] Jewelry Question

Black Orc, Squig Herder, Choppa, Shaman
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Kurama

[Shaman] Jewelry Question

Post#1 » Tue Dec 05, 2017 11:16 pm

I have finally reached T4 with my healing Shaman and i have trouble deciding what jewelry set to use.
So to all experienced RoR Shamans, is there a BiS Jewelry set for Shamans?

I am torn between these 4 options, but not sure which one is the best for the current meta:

1. 5 piece Curative Genesis set
2. BL + 3 piece Curative Genesis
3. BL + Winds Impervious set
4. BL + 2 piece Teef set (Black Toof/Broke Toof) + Skaven ring
DOK 8x
Zealot 8x
Shaman 8x
BO 7x

WP 8x
RP 8x
AM 8x

Ads
cimator

Re: [Shaman] Jewelry Question

Post#2 » Wed Dec 06, 2017 12:56 am

Imo the best jewelry setup would be> 3 piece genesis (remnant/fragment/aspect if you have) and inf reward or vanguard.
I dont think you should use BL jewelry as a healing shaman since it gives Intelligence/wounds.
For cloak the best I could find were Harbinger, Subjugator and the Redeye(coming soon). You can take BL cloak aswell for the high wounds.
-Leakypants
-Leakyskull
-Leakybrains

-Leakyburn(Cimator)
-Midgety Claus
-Runawayop
-Rampageop

freshour
Banned

Post#3 » Wed Dec 06, 2017 5:04 am

BL 3 pc for armor - cloak for wounds and armor talisman (armor is best defense in the game) - then either 2-3 genesis. if only 2, either reduced armor pen ring or skaven reduced % to be crit to save you some RR to put in either heal crit or wounds. Just what i'd do.

Get armor as high as possible (BL Cloak)
Get chance to be crit to 0% with over 250 ini
Get heal crit over 15% (personal preference)
After that.... I don't think anything you will do will make a massssive difference so have fun :D

oergel

Post#4 » Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:52 am

imho always go for three pieces BL (jewel, back and pocket)
after that either

- three pieces Winds Impervious (if you're lacking resistances)
or
- three pieces Curative Genesis

For talisman i go for full armor, renown points into Futile Strikes and Deft Defender
RR8x - Mobut - Shaman -
RR8x - Eadcrumpa - Choppa -
RR8x - Ribs - Squig -
RR8x - Zogdat - Blackorc -

arnagob

Post#5 » Wed Dec 06, 2017 12:50 pm

The option 4. is the best defensive option.

Genesis is probably better if you play in a WB as soon you might be less focus
Arnie Fatarnie Kassdku
Arnagob Brizkran Cocorico

charlysixb

Post#6 » Wed Dec 06, 2017 1:03 pm

I use teef set on my shaman then change the other according the situation... skaven ring ( 2% reduction critic ), ini/healing power Genesis or Chaos T4 inf ring ( Waaagh Beads of Repose - 22toughness/22wounds ring ) I dont have luck in Chifli with the other genesis but i really like my jewlery setup. Its depend of your playstyle.
Also i dont use BL cos i use Subjugator cloak ( i go for highest INI pos when on shaman )
Peckman And Chifli's

Gobboz Night Fever

Kurama

Post#7 » Wed Dec 06, 2017 1:33 pm

Wow so many different opinions. I guess the debate is stacking armor (BL) vs initiative/-%crit (Teef,skaven).
DOK 8x
Zealot 8x
Shaman 8x
BO 7x

WP 8x
RP 8x
AM 8x

p00ky

Post#8 » Wed Jun 03, 2020 10:49 am

Kurama wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2017 1:33 pm Wow so many different opinions. I guess the debate is stacking armor (BL) vs initiative/-%crit (Teef,skaven).
Yes Im also following post closely as a recent lvl 40 shammy working on jewls setup. Im suprised that posts recomend stack armour over toughness though as armour is only melee def and toughness is also for magical and ranged if not mistaken?

Keep on with the debate please :D

Ads
phononHYPE

Post#9 » Tue Jun 09, 2020 4:56 pm

My shaman stacks wounds, as WH ignore armor and WL debuff so much of it. Armor is good vs slayer, SW (not ASW), and about half the Engineers out there. For me, chance to be crit < 0 is most important, so I run 3pc Genesis, Subjugator cloak, and the best fourth ring you can get. If you have Horned Rat ring, I'd use that. If you invest in Futile Strikes to be < 0 ctbc, or Vanq (I think belt and chest each have -2 ctbc), then perhaps the minor ring sets (forget name right now, there are two sets of 3pcs: ring ring back/belt) with wounds+Ini+WP as a nice option.
Chasing the golden carrot that is my alts.

my 2h choppa ideas
learn about Initiative

p00ky

Post#10 » Thu Jun 11, 2020 9:49 am

Kurama wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2017 11:16 pm I have finally reached T4 with my healing Shaman and i have trouble deciding what jewelry set to use.
So to all experienced RoR Shamans, is there a BiS Jewelry set for Shamans?

I am torn between these 4 options, but not sure which one is the best for the current meta:

1. 5 piece Curative Genesis set
2. BL + 3 piece Curative Genesis
3. BL + Winds Impervious set
4. BL + 2 piece Teef set (Black Toof/Broke Toof) + Skaven ring
In my humble opinion: I had always read so many people recomending the 3 piece BL so when I hit lvl 40 with my shammy I also ran all mosnters to grab its full set but after trying many combinations, none beat the 5 set genesis both stat wise and set bonus wise, with the +% heal crit and overall good healing stats with nice boost to willpower. The BL 3 piece will give you INT which is pointless, decrease significantly your willpower and give you 200 armour which you can cover with the talis.

You should not have any problem with defensive stats when combining pvp armour, start with conq/vanq and then folowed up with a nice balance on 3 inq/3 vanq + genesis curative set. Talis I seem to find most efective are the armour bonus though a few wounds and a willpower in main weapon have helped a lot. My healing has increased significantly since im at 800+willpower while comfortable at 380 all resists, 7.5k hp and enough armour to decrease damage a 35%. Healing crit is now at 30%.

Dont know about any items dropped in BE/BS because everyone insists only taking experienced players so will never get in one it seems :D :D :D :D their loss.

Like I said, just my humble opinion after having played around with a lot of combinations, hope it helps. GL :geek: