Recent Topics

Ads

Choppa help (new player)

Black Orc, Squig Herder, Choppa, Shaman
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Panzerkasper

Re: Choppa help (new player)

Post#21 » Fri Aug 18, 2017 2:32 pm

Spoiler:
TenTonHammer wrote:
Panzerkasper wrote: This is a spec only for premades and in a organised party you dont necessarily need the channel heal, although its a good dps tool thats out of question and like i said, because of the 2h tree beeing very finisher reliant you need wear em down to really play it out.
No more helpin' definitly hits harder.

You can cleanse Mind killer where the outgoing is bound to, so yes its cleansable.

Really a couple of people i talked to said they like to take channeld heal into party play as well because due to how squishy choppa is it puts a lot of pressue onto your groups healers to keep them up, channeled heal removes some of that pressure

What is the tool tip dps of no more helpin in realtion to weaklin killa once speced up to the former?

I said it "cant be clensed" in the fact that mind kill has no CD so it can be reapplied just as quickly as it was cleansed and additionally it debuffs WP too so it actually reduces a healers healing by more than 50%
I played both variants in premades and yes, it takes out some pressure, but in a situation of focus damage in a 6vs6 it wont save you at all. Your targets in these situations are guarded DDs or tanks and both of them do not provide you with a good dmg>heal ratio.
Although it is a damn good burst tool if combined with Tantrum, in some situation i miss it, when i havent specced it.

The tooltip damage as far as i remember always stays smaller then weaklin killa, but a guildmate and i trested it out on our choppas and we both had higher hits with No more helpin'. I can just imagine that it scales better with str.

30/12/2018 RIP 2h Chosen

Ads
Scrilian

Post#22 » Fri Aug 18, 2017 3:17 pm

Spoiler:
TenTonHammer wrote:
Really? i found a significant increase in dps output and db's when i slotted strong finish, slasha is bread and butter for choppa and is atleast the ability you are using 75% of the time simply because you cant always be in position for Go for da soft spot or trigger it in time due to server lag so your character "stops" mid animation for the positional attack

Between strong finish, RB, 5% crit set bonus and SC weapons that atleast 27% chance to crit on hitta abilites and even more if you get lucky epic quest weapon crit proc which is pretty good for a class that NEEDS melee crit where on the server over all crit chances have been nerfed

Additionally slasha, RB, try n hurt me, sit down and weaklin killa if 2h are all ablites that you use quite often

Another thing to consider is that Choppa does not get push for more unlike slayer so their is less aa's and most so more of their dps is comming form ability damage furthermore due to SYG i feel that choppa gets more milage from focusing on crit

Choppa's surviveaibilty is already gimped what between that class mechanic and like only double digit toughness due to dont wanna live for eva and what not

might as well embrace it and just hit stuff harder
In reality tho you get a mediocre increase to Slasha. And since you need to be and stay in red to deal actual damage to kill anyone decent - the 15% crit to finishers is sort of irrelevant because you drop into green, unless you want to drop another actual dps tactic slot for Wot Rules.

Autohits are still huge part of choppa dps since they scale with rage, 25crit damage and Get stuck in, at least for single target. And you still need to apply healing debuff, 40% slow or even the best finisher in the game - Try an' hurt me - all or which don't benefit from it.
If we're talking premade full glass canon you'd get more mileage from simple Flanking with a Bork that debuffs Initiative.
Barely seen anyone here nor live using Strong finish, but if it works for you then go for it.

The only true use for the tactic I see is in kill stealing, when you run around like an asshole and try to steal killing blow with Weaklin killa. But even then the downside of dying to almost autocritting dots on you is too much for me. :mrgreen:
Вальтер Рыжий RU => Gaziraga BW, Valefar WL, Lovejoy
Retired
ex-Greenfire/Invasion RvR leader
Wonderful RvR music videos ;)

haldir45

Post#23 » Fri Dec 22, 2017 11:22 pm

Which talismans are the best ??
Shaman:Snotruk 40/60, Runepriest: Floi 40/48

Akilinus

Post#24 » Fri Dec 22, 2017 11:40 pm

Most are using str and ws
Kkomrade 80 Zealot Akilinuz 80 Chosen Zaiyer 80 Marauder
Kkomrades 80 Black Guard Sauer 80 Squig herder Nosler 80 Witch Elf Soniq 70 Shaman

Fallenkezef

Post#25 » Sat Dec 23, 2017 2:00 pm

Akilinus wrote:Most are using str and ws
Aye, from whatvU've seen the commin practice is str to cap and then ws
Alea iacta est