Recent Topics

Ads

[Black Orc] Talk bout da builds ere.

Black Orc, Squig Herder, Choppa, Shaman
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Collateral

Re: [Black Orc] Talk bout da builds ere.

Post#321 » Mon Jun 26, 2017 7:20 am

You have to consider I'm relatively high rr (71) which means I have extra mastery points as well. Afaik you get your last mastery point at 70, so I am maxed out.

As for rr points: I always max out block first, for RvR - DD 3, RD 3, futile strikes 1, then the rest into toughness and initiative, and I usually have a point or 2 left which I just put into wounds or something, which really makes no big difference. For snowflaking - max block again, DD 4, might 4, and FS/initiative. For group play it depends on what kind of tank you want to be. But I always take block and DD 3 at least, and RD 3, then initiative/FS, and depending on what you want either might or toughness for the rest few points which I think I have usually.

I should probably go more points into ini, especially if you're soloing.

Ads
Collateral

Post#322 » Tue Jun 27, 2017 11:14 am

Figured I might as well post the video here also. This is what you might expect from solo black orc-ing. But it certainly doesn't show you the full capabilities, since I'm far from a perfect player, and I was experimenting with different builds. As it says it's composed of two videos a month apart. Older one is in Caledor. I wanted to go over the builds.

Click here to watch on YouTube

A lot of text incoming!
Spoiler:
My build in Caledor:

Gear - 5p conq, 4p BL (body, cloak, ring, pocket), as far as I remember. Talismans are for tanking, with toughness, armor and some initiative, also 1-2 strenght talies I believe to bring it above 300

Rings - Winds Impervious.

Weapons - Subjugator shield, SC sword, the one for officer emblems (cuz I'm a scrub and didn't farm SCs for new gear). I still have the same one lol. Ideal would be the new defensive shield and axe with regen, but god damn that requires some farming :(

Mastery - http://www.ror.builders/career/black-or ... ,4462,4498. This is for RR 60, if you're 50 you can go without heal tactic. I would replace it with Ave Another One if you feel like you lack damage, or with rugged/wounds for even tankier build

Renown - I can't really remember :P I always max out block as I said, then DD 3 at least. Since I didn't run RD 3, I probably put it all into toughness and initiative/FS

Goal - What this build tries to be is a CC bot that's tanky and can survive a pounding for some time, you just pop CHM when getting focused. That doesn't mean you can't deal damage. Always keep your Skull Thumper up, that's your most damaging ability really. Since you are a CC bot, use your KD and silence wisely, it can turn the tide of a fight. As you may notice I also use punt. Arguably BO punt is one of the worst in the game, but it's still a punt which you can utilise. You can punt tanks from their guards, or healers even farther away from combat or LoS (or even into combat). Every second counts, and if they are not healing the consequences can be big. All in all, I really like the AP regen tactic. If you never ran it I would recommend to try it out. Never running out of AP is so nice :D

My build in TM:

Gear - 5p conq, BL body (cuz I don't have 6p conq yet, tnx RNG gods). Talismans this time are different. I used more strenght talies, then 2 toughness, 1 armor, and one initiative

Weapons - same as in Caldeor. But again, the new regen weapons would be better, especially in this build with full genesis

Rings - this time I was testing out full genesis. I'm not sure if I liked it, since resists are so much lower (you also lose some armor). You can judge it for yourself. Full genesis is pretty hard to get also, especially if RNG gods despise you like me (I only recently got it). The heal regen part seems decent but you need heal tactic for it to be really worth something, and SC weapons would also help a lot

Mastery - http://www.ror.builders/career/black-or ... ,4462,4472. This is at RR 70. Tbh this build was weird really, I didn't put much thought into it :P Gork smash is there cuz I used it in group play, but you don't need it, you also don't need aoe snare (I took it for group play as well). Since I didn't run with AP tactic it costs you a lot, especially against AMs, as you can see in the video. At RR 50 the build is the same just remove Gork Smash (or you can take it if you want) and that one point in Boss tree.

Renown - same as before, full block, DD 3. But this time I went with RD 3. The rest was put in initiative/FS and some strenght I think.

Goal - well since the mastery is all weird, I'm not sure where I was going with this lol. You can obviously deal damage with THC, and annoy your opponents with NidF and aoe snare. I'm not sure about AP drain. I didn't use it much cuz I simply forgot, and when you're fighting more than one opponent it's hard to think about all of your abilities, since you don't want to waste GCDs :P

There is a new build I'm currently running, and it's this one http://www.ror.builders/career/black-or ... ,4460,4462.

Now I know this is probably very controversial hahah. One thing about it ofc is that you need high RR. But let me explain:

It focuses on morale pump as you can see. And for morale pump you need as much block as you can get. Without CHM my block is 33% (with tactic and genesis piece), so I get close to 90% with CHM. Once I get full conq I can go to 88%. But I'm not sure if it's worth losing BL ws bonus, 83% is a decent amount itself.

So since you are pumping morale, you want your M2, which is Shield Wall. Once you pop that you have good defenses and you can focus on damage or fleeing/kiting etc. High block also ensures you will have it every 60 seconds. You also have KD, and paired with silence you can have decent control in battle, although not as much as with aoe snare. CHM is not only for morale pump ofc, but for survival. If you predict your enemies actions you can pop it before they use KD or similar things on you, to try and block it.

Gear is still the same old, but I'm not running full genesis anymore, only one piece for extra block, with resist rings (which means I lose BL str bonus, but that's fine). I also have a T4 influence weapon Bloodfist Choppa. But I think the SC with regen could still be the best. Although I'm unsure how I would spec it with talismans yet. I will see in time.

The thing about this build is that you have pretty high defensive buffs and debuffs at the same time. I can buff my armor for 940 and also debuff for the same amount. I can also buff my toughness by 114, which is basically a chosen aura. Skull Thumper procs deal 108 damage also, and my heal bellow heals for 460.

I still have to play around with it, but so far it seems decent. But I hope I don't even have to say that this build is not for any kind of group play lol.

ragafury

Post#323 » Tue Jun 27, 2017 12:56 pm

nice vid! liked the BOvEngi + WH most. saw it already yesterday once.

and yeah 5 pcs genesis is generally a bit trashy, perhabs for your selfheal / selfsustain build a little better suited, but the stat loss is so harsh for everything else (especially the red easter egg is a triggering one). perhabs in conjunction with the new wep the regen could add up for solo roaming, but I'm unsure tbh. If I rememb the vid right I only saw you 2 times hp wise in real danger. for me the cloak and the easteregg are just slot wasters in my bagpack. so any science regarding your build has to be done by you. :) :P

But nontheless that selfheal turtle build really adds something fresh and creative.

For my and Gromers (choppa) last conqs (luckily he won another gold while we were roaming, otherwise we would still duo everyday x) ) we solo'd / duo'd together, I used: full BL, 3pcs Dom, genesis set of the everlasting 3pcs (remnant, fragment, aspect), SCII def shield, subju wep (my little special snowflake, I think the procc is undervalued by many ppl, really like it for 3hc and boss specc), both crit tactics, loudmouth, and 10% block, RR spend in Str, D, DD, WS. my mentioned above talent specc (tree hit + aoe snare). was great fun too. jump targets and burst them down, but I / we needed to be a bit more picky about the fights (can't stand the numbers you are tanking there with that kind of build, also meh for roaming with a choppa cause he will be dead before me), but was great to see again 3x digets on my BO that don't start with a 1,2,3 or 4. x)

about playstyle:
think nothing to moan about in the execution. seems pretty solid.
about armbreaka, think you done good in not using it in 1vX, only shines in my opinion in a 1v1 or small scale vs small scale situation in my opinion.
and I personally would consider using M1 demolishing and M2 Shield Wall. Especially Shield Wall can buy some time for a comeback or extra annoyance. especially good vs WH.

so looking forward for the next video and when more research is done with updated equipment!
--- inactive ---
---guildless---

Collateral

Post#324 » Tue Jun 27, 2017 1:40 pm

Yea I messed up with the morales totally lol. There is no point in having raze and champions of course. Like I said, that spec was totally stupid xD But I really have to farm SCs for those nice weapons :/

I'm glad you liked the vid. I honestly have no idea how I managed to survive engie+wh lol. It's not to say that they are bad players, far from it. I miserably failed when I tried to solo 2 engies that same day, and that wh would've killed me once at least, had I not gotten help. Another thing is my key bingding. You probably noticed I have to click on many somewhat important skills (like juggernaut). I fixed that today though so I won't have trouble anymore :P

So you ran a spec that's the complete opposite of me :P The damage tactics for BO are very nice if you stack all of them. I did it as well, and it sure is nice to see the damage (although I never had increased crit dmg tactic). BO can definitely put on a world of hurt. My general mentality about this kind of solo roaming though is "the more you last the more damage you deal". The problem of course are the healers, since you have no real burst or heal debuff. But you could still make them panic a bit if they ignore you, or if they are slightly bellow average players.

I'm liking this last build I posted with THC and CHM, it's pretty fun. The morale pump helps a lot, and KD can be annoying as hell. I will make more vids for sure :)

ragafury

Post#325 » Tue Jun 27, 2017 2:11 pm

Collateral wrote: You probably noticed I have to click on many somewhat important skills (like juggernaut). I fixed that today though so I won't have trouble anymore :P
If you have decided against running PlanB and NB (can totally understand that, but as I mentioned, fingers hurt than), I would consider binding the navigation (WASD) to ESDF or even RDFG. that way you free up muliple keys which are easily reachable for your small and ring finger. (my old warcraft binds). Pretty easy fix if you still strugle or have space problems. ;)
--- inactive ---
---guildless---

Collateral

Post#326 » Tue Jun 27, 2017 2:55 pm

ragafury wrote:If you have decided against running PlanB and NB (can totally understand that, but as I mentioned, fingers hurt than), I would consider binding the navigation (WASD) to ESDF or even RDFG. that way you free up muliple keys which are easily reachable for your small and ring finger. (my old warcraft binds). Pretty easy fix if you still strugle or have space problems. ;)
That's not a bad idea at all, but another problem is that I'm on a laptop which has that finger pad right bellow the space bar, so I would constantly move the camera with my thumb xD

I might try out planb, but I'll have to figure out how to configure it.

zaauk

Post#327 » Thu Jun 29, 2017 7:46 am

Collateral wrote:Figured I might as well post the video here also. This is what you might expect from solo black orc-ing. But it certainly doesn't show you the full capabilities, since I'm far from a perfect player, and I was experimenting with different builds. As it says it's composed of two videos a month apart. Older one is in Caledor. I wanted to go over the builds.

Click here to watch on YouTube

A lot of text incoming!
Spoiler:
My build in Caledor:

Gear - 5p conq, 4p BL (body, cloak, ring, pocket), as far as I remember. Talismans are for tanking, with toughness, armor and some initiative, also 1-2 strenght talies I believe to bring it above 300

Rings - Winds Impervious.

Weapons - Subjugator shield, SC sword, the one for officer emblems (cuz I'm a scrub and didn't farm SCs for new gear). I still have the same one lol. Ideal would be the new defensive shield and axe with regen, but god damn that requires some farming :(

Mastery - http://www.ror.builders/career/black-or ... ,4462,4498. This is for RR 60, if you're 50 you can go without heal tactic. I would replace it with Ave Another One if you feel like you lack damage, or with rugged/wounds for even tankier build

Renown - I can't really remember :P I always max out block as I said, then DD 3 at least. Since I didn't run RD 3, I probably put it all into toughness and initiative/FS

Goal - What this build tries to be is a CC bot that's tanky and can survive a pounding for some time, you just pop CHM when getting focused. That doesn't mean you can't deal damage. Always keep your Skull Thumper up, that's your most damaging ability really. Since you are a CC bot, use your KD and silence wisely, it can turn the tide of a fight. As you may notice I also use punt. Arguably BO punt is one of the worst in the game, but it's still a punt which you can utilise. You can punt tanks from their guards, or healers even farther away from combat or LoS (or even into combat). Every second counts, and if they are not healing the consequences can be big. All in all, I really like the AP regen tactic. If you never ran it I would recommend to try it out. Never running out of AP is so nice :D

My build in TM:

Gear - 5p conq, BL body (cuz I don't have 6p conq yet, tnx RNG gods). Talismans this time are different. I used more strenght talies, then 2 toughness, 1 armor, and one initiative

Weapons - same as in Caldeor. But again, the new regen weapons would be better, especially in this build with full genesis

Rings - this time I was testing out full genesis. I'm not sure if I liked it, since resists are so much lower (you also lose some armor). You can judge it for yourself. Full genesis is pretty hard to get also, especially if RNG gods despise you like me (I only recently got it). The heal regen part seems decent but you need heal tactic for it to be really worth something, and SC weapons would also help a lot

Mastery - http://www.ror.builders/career/black-or ... ,4462,4472. This is at RR 70. Tbh this build was weird really, I didn't put much thought into it :P Gork smash is there cuz I used it in group play, but you don't need it, you also don't need aoe snare (I took it for group play as well). Since I didn't run with AP tactic it costs you a lot, especially against AMs, as you can see in the video. At RR 50 the build is the same just remove Gork Smash (or you can take it if you want) and that one point in Boss tree.

Renown - same as before, full block, DD 3. But this time I went with RD 3. The rest was put in initiative/FS and some strenght I think.

Goal - well since the mastery is all weird, I'm not sure where I was going with this lol. You can obviously deal damage with THC, and annoy your opponents with NidF and aoe snare. I'm not sure about AP drain. I didn't use it much cuz I simply forgot, and when you're fighting more than one opponent it's hard to think about all of your abilities, since you don't want to waste GCDs :P

There is a new build I'm currently running, and it's this one http://www.ror.builders/career/black-or ... ,4460,4462.

Now I know this is probably very controversial hahah. One thing about it ofc is that you need high RR. But let me explain:

It focuses on morale pump as you can see. And for morale pump you need as much block as you can get. Without CHM my block is 33% (with tactic and genesis piece), so I get close to 90% with CHM. Once I get full conq I can go to 88%. But I'm not sure if it's worth losing BL ws bonus, 83% is a decent amount itself.

So since you are pumping morale, you want your M2, which is Shield Wall. Once you pop that you have good defenses and you can focus on damage or fleeing/kiting etc. High block also ensures you will have it every 60 seconds. You also have KD, and paired with silence you can have decent control in battle, although not as much as with aoe snare. CHM is not only for morale pump ofc, but for survival. If you predict your enemies actions you can pop it before they use KD or similar things on you, to try and block it.

Gear is still the same old, but I'm not running full genesis anymore, only one piece for extra block, with resist rings (which means I lose BL str bonus, but that's fine). I also have a T4 influence weapon Bloodfist Choppa. But I think the SC with regen could still be the best. Although I'm unsure how I would spec it with talismans yet. I will see in time.

The thing about this build is that you have pretty high defensive buffs and debuffs at the same time. I can buff my armor for 940 and also debuff for the same amount. I can also buff my toughness by 114, which is basically a chosen aura. Skull Thumper procs deal 108 damage also, and my heal bellow heals for 460.

I still have to play around with it, but so far it seems decent. But I hope I don't even have to say that this build is not for any kind of group play lol.
Spoiler:
Nice video :) Hope to see some more of them.
What addon show buffs and debuffs above the heads?
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: Zauk BO // Zauuk Choppa // Zaauuk SHM // Zniggle SH :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Collateral

Post#328 » Thu Jun 29, 2017 9:25 am

Tnx :) The addon is Buffhead, it's a must have really.

Ads
zaauk

Post#329 » Tue Jul 04, 2017 9:28 am

Addon did alot. Thx

Been running my lowbie BO lvl 13 solo in T1 latley, had a blast.
2H with parry and toughness/armor talismans. I know how to deal with the offensive stats, but not quiet sure what way you go with the def stats.
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: Zauk BO // Zauuk Choppa // Zaauuk SHM // Zniggle SH :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Collateral

Post#330 » Tue Jul 04, 2017 10:14 am

That's pretty much it for defensive stats, armour and toughness. For large scale go with wounds, but that's when you reach higher tiers (although, I always run the wounds tactic in lower tiers, it's really good, and it's pretty much the only viable one). Since you're T1 you don't have to worry about it too much, you get stats from gear and da biggest. Also don't forget about initiative. When you get to t3 and up, you should always keep it above 220.

I think it's quite obvious by now how I dislike 2h bos so I won't repeat my self haha. Once you get to higher tiers I would really recommend going snb. As a 2h you will constantly be the target, which means you will be under pressure almost non stop. And if you're speced offensively you will feel the heat trust me. There are plenty of snb builds from good players in this thread, so be sure to check them out. And of course, never be afraid to ask what you need if you ever run into a me in-game :)