Recent Topics

Ads

[SH] questions

Black Orc, Squig Herder, Choppa, Shaman
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Thayli

Re: [SH] questions

Post#21 » Thu Jan 12, 2017 3:28 pm

Arguably one of the best builds is combining Big Shootin' and Quick Shootin', into something such as this. This requires high renown and full lategame gear, though.

That being said, Big Shootin' is the tree with the biggest ranged burst, it's nice if you find that you do not have to move or kite much. It's the best spec for keep siege or defence.

Quick Shootin' is the superior all-round and much better for survivability and duels, but lacks burst. Also quite good in warbands because of Shoot Through Ya spam with the tactic Expert Skirmisher. If you want to do well in most situations, this is the tree to pick.

For bomb groups in warband, a Stabbin' spec is the highest AoE burst you can get on the class, in addition to being rather disruptive thanks to Bad Gas. Useless for anything else, though.
Thayli - SH
Thlayli - SQ

[Phalanx]

Ads
zulnam

Post#22 » Fri Jan 13, 2017 10:02 am

I have to say, I specced Quick Shootin' last night, now I'm a believer. I was doing much better in RvR skirmishes with my mobility and DoTs. Rotten Arrer is the ****! And without it even having a cooldown, i can spam yer bleedin'/rotten arrer on 4-5 targets and put a strain on their healers, all while looking for the perfect (easy) assist.
SW, Kotbs, IB, Slayer, WP, WL, SM, Mara, SH, BG

kasumi

Post#23 » Mon Jan 16, 2017 1:54 pm

Hi, i'm lvling an SH for the first time and it looks like fun but i'm wondering what's the current state of the class in T4, just so i know if it's worth lvling it to 40. Would you say that they have a place in T4 warbands and SC's ? Are there any major issues (bugs or things that aren't working like they should) ? Can you actually get kills with all the healing and cleansing ?

Thanks!

Gerv
Banned

Post#24 » Mon Jan 16, 2017 2:06 pm

They are a fantastic range class with a large arsenal of utility and damage. They pair well with other range dps or in a 3-2-1 set up in scenario groups.

They have great solo potential as a range dps with their utility in the RvR lakes. However they can't have everything and have minimal area of effect pressure.
Sia - DoK - Lords
Boyd - WP - O.S.

Kobra
Suspended

Post#25 » Thu Feb 23, 2017 12:20 am

kasumi wrote:Hi, i'm lvling an SH for the first time and it looks like fun but i'm wondering what's the current state of the class in T4, just so i know if it's worth lvling it to 40. Would you say that they have a place in T4 warbands and SC's ? Are there any major issues (bugs or things that aren't working like they should) ? Can you actually get kills with all the healing and cleansing ?

Thanks!
Lackluster.. Best way to put it. They excel at almost nothing. Then when a SW hits you for 3000 with festering arrow you'll wonder why you are playing a SH.

Lektroluv
Suspended

Post#26 » Thu Feb 23, 2017 3:14 am

I deleted my Squigh herder level 69 two days ago, it was full equiped, it was my main character and my only toon with talisman tradeskill making, and still don't regret delete that crap class which end hiting people for 50hp with the stat ballistic skill overcaped (1080 BS) and i tested it with full weapon skill not working either (720 WS)

I suggest playing other class, i hope this answer your questión

ToXoS

Post#27 » Thu Feb 23, 2017 3:23 am

Lektroluv wrote:I deleted my Squigh herder level 69 two days ago, it was full equiped, it was my main character and my only toon with talisman tradeskill making, and still don't regret delete that crap class which end hiting people for 50hp with the stat ballistic skill overcaped (1080 BS).

Oh! now I know who you are!
You were complaining about it since some time now.

I main SH, and quite frankly I have fun with it.
Sure I try to not hit defensive tanks, but the class still has its utility.

Lektroluv
Suspended

Post#28 » Thu Feb 23, 2017 3:34 am

ToXoS wrote:
Lektroluv wrote:I deleted my Squigh herder level 69 two days ago, it was full equiped, it was my main character and my only toon with talisman tradeskill making, and still don't regret delete that crap class which end hiting people for 50hp with the stat ballistic skill overcaped (1080 BS).

I dindn't said it is not a fun class, but maybe you will agree with me Rotten arrer and Yer Bleeding damage is beign totally neglected by the current armor values, even worse in next sets (i suggest change those damages to corporeal damage, like some enginer dots were changed in live servers for skip the hight armor mitigation)

I don't suggest it for myself, as i said erased my Squigh herder... it is fun, but i am not staying in a class than it is already underperforming ranged damage dealers in my opinion, and which only gonna be even worse with new sets.

Even Lot's of arrers ability which is part of the BIG SHOT path, is hiting for NOT BIG SHOTS... enginer focused fire certainly is doing quite better than lots of arrers.

So i erased it, now nobody will be able to say i am making suggestions for make the class overpowered and benefit from it on my main... you know what? it is not my main anymore, it is deleted.

And congratulations,i am happy you have fun with it!! But my opinion still is, the class needs some damage bump against mid armored classes instead of receive nerfs like the spiked pet one when range past from 100 feets to 85 feets withouth any logical reason in a (in my opinion) underperforming range damage dealer.

Ads
ToXoS

Post#29 » Thu Feb 23, 2017 3:47 am

Lektroluv wrote:
ToXoS wrote:

I dindn't said it is not a fun class, but maybe you will agree with me Rotten arrer and Yer Bleeding damage is beign totally neglected by the current armor values, even worse in next sets (i suggest change those damages to corporeal damage, like some enginer dots were changed in live servers for skip the hight armor mitigation)

I don't suggest it for myself, as i said erased my Squigh herder... it is fun, but i am not staying in a class than it is already underperforming ranged damage dealers in my opinion, and which only gonna be even worse with new sets.

Even Lot's of arrers ability which is part of the BIG SHOT path, is hiting for NOT BIG SHOTS... enginer focused fire certainly is doing quite better than lots of arrers.

So i erased it, now nobody will be able to say i am making suggestions for make the class overpowered and benefit from it on my main... you know what? it is not my main anymore, it is deleted.

And i am happy you have fun with it, but still my opinion it is the class needs some damage bump against mid armored classes , instead of nerf the spiked pet range from 100 feets to 85 feets.
You're right. SH is the weakest of all RDPS.
And armor stacking doesn't help with that neither.
But you know how people are...If tomorrow you make a proposal about changing Rotten arrer and Yer Bleedin' into Corp damage, all SW players will whine about it, and will want the same, even if SW already hits harder than SH...

Still, it's sad to delete a rr 69 toon...

porkstar

Post#30 » Thu Feb 23, 2017 2:48 pm

I basically consider my SH a debuff/assist bot. Quick Shootin' path excels at this. You will see many good RvR groups with sorc/Sh/X or BW/Sw/X. I hang onto mine for this reason because they are excellent assist DPS and because the little dude is so cute and cuddly. But in reality aren't all DPS best when assisting/assisted? Thayliis combo BS/QS build is definitely the apex build and it is an assist DPS build. Everything else is kinda gimmicky and under-performing. The two things that will keep any SH changes on the back-burner is the fact that Run Away and Rotten Arrer are considered so powerful and despite SH shortcomings, no SH wants a nerf to these abilities.
Vagreena Auntie Dangercat
Porkstar Hamcat Coolwave
Penril wrote:So you are saying that a class you never touched is OP?
Go play it before posting about it pal...