Recent Topics

Ads

AutoMark v1.0

Here you can post addons, or anything related to addons.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Scottx125

Re: AutoMark v1.0

Post#11 » Tue Feb 06, 2024 11:56 am

Isn't this just the same as enemy? What's different?
Spoiler:
Seiigfrid RR 8X WP | Arthasus RR 7X KOTBS | Zalthazar RR 5X BW
For the Gif in it's full glory:
Now a member of Oath.

Ads
Omegus

Post#12 » Tue Feb 06, 2024 12:50 pm

Scottx125 wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2024 11:56 am Isn't this just the same as enemy? What's different?
I'm not running into RvR to show it properly, so here it is in IC targeting friendlies instead of enemies. Pretend you are order marking up destro when watching this: https://i.imgur.com/aQhABBE.mp4

Just target or mouse-over "enemy" players (friendly in this demo) and it automatically marks them with the career icon. It will ignore anything that is not an enemy player.
Zomega: RR8x Zealot

Scottx125

Post#13 » Tue Feb 06, 2024 12:54 pm

Oh okay so it's to identify certain classes that might be a target priority? That's actually pretty good.
Spoiler:
Seiigfrid RR 8X WP | Arthasus RR 7X KOTBS | Zalthazar RR 5X BW
For the Gif in it's full glory:
Now a member of Oath.

Omegus

Post#14 » Tue Feb 06, 2024 12:55 pm

Scottx125 wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2024 12:54 pm Oh okay so it's to identify certain classes that might be a target priority? That's actually pretty good.
Yep that's the main purpose of it :). Probably best to turn it off for ORvR but for cities and scenarios it can become very useful as it's easier to visually keep track of the icons.

Ysaran

Post#15 » Sun Mar 24, 2024 6:47 pm

Omegus wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2024 12:55 pm
Scottx125 wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2024 12:54 pm Oh okay so it's to identify certain classes that might be a target priority? That's actually pretty good.
Yep that's the main purpose of it :). Probably best to turn it off for ORvR but for cities and scenarios it can become very useful as it's easier to visually keep track of the icons.
I would like to make a suggestion, though I don't know if it is possible. Is it possible to grey out the class icon for dead enemies?
Zputadenti

Omegus

Post#16 » Sun Mar 24, 2024 8:29 pm

Ysaran wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 6:47 pm
I would like to make a suggestion, though I don't know if it is possible. Is it possible to grey out the class icon for dead enemies?
Hey, not automatically. The UI doesn't get any info like that about any enemies not currently targeted, so it would only work for the enemy you had targeted as well as any who were dead when you put your mouse cursor over.

The other far more convoluted way would be to keep track of the enemy names with the markers and then parse the kill feed to determine who had been killed, but then this would not identify people who then got ressed.

Ysaran

Post#17 » Mon Mar 25, 2024 6:48 am

Omegus wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 8:29 pm
Ysaran wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 6:47 pm

Hey, not automatically. The UI doesn't get any info like that about any enemies not currently targeted, so it would only work for the enemy you had targeted as well as any who were dead when you put your mouse cursor over.

The other far more convoluted way would be to keep track of the enemy names with the markers and then parse the kill feed to determine who had been killed, but then this would not identify people who then got ressed.
Ok, got it. Thanks again for this addon, it is really helpful!
Zputadenti