Recent Topics

Ads

[ADDON] GCDsaver 1.0.6

Here you can post addons, or anything related to addons.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
btbw2009
Suspended

Re: [ADDON] GCDsaver 1.0.5

Post#51 » Sun Feb 20, 2022 8:28 pm

ban all addons, please - any of them make live in game for players better and smoother
only hardcore, only console commands
MUDS never die

Ads
fatelvis

Post#52 » Sun Feb 20, 2022 9:05 pm

wargrimnir wrote: Sun Feb 20, 2022 7:22 pm
fatelvis wrote: Sun Feb 20, 2022 6:52 pm
wargrimnir wrote: Sun Feb 20, 2022 5:25 pm [...] with a couple simple buttons pressed. [...]
Maybe you'll find someone to write you an addon for that struggle. :?
Sarcasm? I argued in favor of leaving NB alone, that's not a secret. If you're just having a snipe at me for my opinion on it, don't do that.
Nah, just kidding around finding the "multiple buttons" term in another context. (and more of a snipe at finding multiple buttons to be pressed a struggle like some argue)
And yes, sarcasm.

tvbrowntown
Suspended

Post#53 » Mon Feb 21, 2022 12:38 am

wargrimnir wrote: Sun Feb 20, 2022 5:25 pm
tvbrowntown wrote: Sun Feb 20, 2022 4:08 pm blah
TL;DR good blah
Thanks for the clear, informative, and well laid out response.

Coming from being involved with wow emu and learning how that side of the pond works in relation to operating servers makes it easy to assume that, logically, the same applies to other project emu. Fortunate circumstances for the rest of us here still playing WAR then.

emiliorv
Suspended

Re: [ADDON] GCDsaver 1.0.4

Post#54 » Mon Feb 21, 2022 9:12 am

Omegus wrote: Sat Feb 19, 2022 10:27 am TBH the game preventing you from using single target abilities that the target is immune to is the kind of thing that should be built into the core UI.
I really cant understand why some ppl still arguing agains this....WTF!! cleanse for healers is working like this by default....

Sulorie

Post#55 » Mon Feb 21, 2022 9:56 am

emiliorv wrote: Mon Feb 21, 2022 9:12 am
Omegus wrote: Sat Feb 19, 2022 10:27 am TBH the game preventing you from using single target abilities that the target is immune to is the kind of thing that should be built into the core UI.
I really cant understand why some ppl still arguing agains this....WTF!! cleanse for healers is working like this by default....
I think the difference is, many CC skills have a DMG component or are aoe, so hitting an immune target at least deals DMG or you hit others, who are not immune. The comparison to cleanse is flawed in that aspect.
Dying is no option.

mynban

Post#56 » Mon Feb 21, 2022 10:55 am

Omegus wrote: Sun Feb 20, 2022 3:19 pm It's literally automating buff checking so you don't have to. Unlike something like BuffHead which just presents the information to you and you need to make a choice, this one will make that choice for you with 100% accuracy. It doesn't press the right button for you, but it does stop you from pressing the wrong button. As mentioned previously in this thread, another way of implementing NB-like functionality is to have you press all the relevant ability shortcuts at once (sounds stupid but trivial with a macro keyboard to bind multiple keys to 1 key) and then use an addon to block the abilities which do not match the current "active" ability on the conditional sequence.

The decision making is automated. The fact that you have to press 1 every GCD to trigger this doesn't change that combat decisions are being made on your behalf.

I'm on the fence with the NB block (was it useful? Of course. Does it being blocked prevent me from playing? No), but let's not pretend that automated decision making isn't automated decision making.
You know that's where concept of slippery slope gets into the picture.

A player without buffhead vs a player with buffhead. Tell me how much more effort it is for the player w/o to see if target has immunity among dozens of other icons they have to filter through to see if it is up. Whereas buffhead player will get notification of it because addon *automatically* filtered out the status icons that are of lesser value.

There ALWAYS is some automation, and there is no such thing as universal correct treshold, the acceptable amount is where each player draws the line.

The advantage a player with tether, enemy, buffhead and discord over one without those addons is miles MILES away from anything what NB could provide anyone. But people love the coming up with their own arbitrary moral line to justify what they like to use and villify what they dont like.

normanis

Post#57 » Mon Feb 21, 2022 11:51 am

tru gamers never use anykind addons.
p.s in my opinion nb was better because u can add position attacks and attacks in certain conditions - follow abilitie what requuire u parry. gutt ripper for example. and using potions when your hp/ap drop. sequencer just has base nb.
"Iron Within, Iron Without!"

emiliorv
Suspended

Post#58 » Mon Feb 21, 2022 12:03 pm

Sulorie wrote: Mon Feb 21, 2022 9:56 am
emiliorv wrote: Mon Feb 21, 2022 9:12 am
I think the difference is, many CC skills have a DMG component or are aoe, so hitting an immune target at least deals DMG or you hit others, who are not immune. The comparison to cleanse is flawed in that aspect.
O REALLY?? Lets see...
saupreusse wrote: Sat Feb 19, 2022 2:15 am This is my personal opinion:
(i have not checked out the addon yet, only read the short explanation).
Usually you would use the information that the ui provides (be it native ui or customized) and react according to it. For example checking your target for the "HEX-CURSE-AILMENT" effect before wasting your CLEANSE. This ofc is solely based on the decision of the player and therefore it has room for human error. These kind of addons take out this "human error" part of the gameplay, which is something that I'm not a fan of.
Do i think its cheating? No.
Do i think it gives an unfair advantage over people who dont use it? Most of the time no... but maybe in situations where using - and not wasting your CLEANSE is the factor deciding between a win or a loss.
I dont think this addon is a problem...but you cant deny it leaves the same sour taste as the NB checks did for the same reason.
Double standart?? conditional check for cleanse is in game by default (iirc wasnt there at war realease and introduced later)...Are you up to devs remove the conditional check for cleanse abilities and let the players "use the information that the ui provides (be it native ui or customized) and react according to it"??

Why is ok for cleanse and not for other abilities?

Ads
Scottx125

Post#59 » Mon Feb 21, 2022 12:46 pm

btbw2009 wrote: Sun Feb 20, 2022 8:28 pm ban all addons, please - any of them make live in game for players better and smoother
MUDS never die
Nothing wrong with addons that are QoL or improve readability of the game. But addons that automate gameplay aspects, especially those relating to core gameplay such as combat and skill checks IMO is too much. My view is if you're struggling to know what buttons to press and when to keep your rotations optimal, practice. An addon that just checks all of that for you is a slap in the face to everyone who practices their class to perform well. And I'm arguing against these kinds of addons because they do automate gameplay and make it near optimal. Which isn't human as everyone makes mistakes, especially in high pressure situations. So if anything I'd class it as partially botting part of your gameplay in order to perform better. It's like CSGO with aim bots, they don't shoot the gun, they just automate the process of looking around for a target in an optimal way to avoid making mistakes.
Spoiler:
Seiigfrid RR 8X WP | Arthasus RR 7X KOTBS | Zalthazar RR 5X BW
For the Gif in it's full glory:
Now a member of Oath.

tvbrowntown
Suspended

Post#60 » Mon Feb 21, 2022 12:56 pm

Scottx125 wrote: Mon Feb 21, 2022 12:46 pm
btbw2009 wrote: Sun Feb 20, 2022 8:28 pm ban all addons, please - any of them make live in game for players better and smoother
MUDS never die
It's like CSGO with aim bots, they don't shoot the gun, they just automate the process of looking around for a target in an optimal way to avoid making mistakes.
Errr, I think you're stretching too hard with this comparison.