Recent Topics

Ads

[ADDON] EZGuard 1.2.1

Here you can post addons, or anything related to addons.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
btbw2009
Suspended

Re: [ADDON] EZGuard 1.2.0

Post#81 » Mon Jan 31, 2022 1:10 pm

Everdin wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 11:24 am But they can do whatever they want with this game as long as they are able to do it with the code.
But they cannot do whatever they want, why you dont understand it?!
For example, condition check in-game - they cannot change it, for this need to rewrite a whole part of game.
If you press spell which dont met criteria to use it - it dont work. On client you see it like dark or grey icon of spell.
Remove it (after change core code) and all with blind and dont see when they can use spell or not.
So all NB things still in game and even modified NB still in game too, just developers dont know how it changed and what changed.
They increased GCD for change spell on toolbar - it how they "banned" NB.
Conclusion: devteam can pronounce many things about add-ons but thye cannot do it.
In really, devteams know nothing about current cheats and cannot fight it. Instead of give equal rights to everyone they moved usefull tool to dark side so ppl start to use absolutely cheating programs. Bad soulution and bad precendent.
Exactly the problem I and many other have. I don't want all addons banned, i'm not even giving a flying ... duck ... if these addons are banned or not, what bothers me is the double standard.
You talk about one addon, another about other, third about something what he dont like etc.
But we have nice criteria for ban addons - all addons use API, so any man (with know how to use API, lua, xml) can do anything with API.
Its not cheat, its not exploit. It absolutely legal and free to use by all. And this improve game, increase population etc.
If you dont like addon - dont use it.
Nobody was talking about automation, but about automation based on conditions
Forum have posts with automation issue in NB and sequencer
conditional check still in game
i will answer later

Ads
Everdin

Re: [ADDON] EZGuard 1.2.0

Post#82 » Mon Jan 31, 2022 1:43 pm

btbw2009 wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 1:10 pm
Everdin wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 11:24 am But they can do whatever they want with this game as long as they are able to do it with the code.
But they cannot do whatever they want, why you dont understand it?!
For example, condition check in-game - they cannot change it, for this need to rewrite a whole part of game.
If you press spell which dont met criteria to use it - it dont work. On client you see it like dark or grey icon of spell.
Remove it (after change core code) and all with blind and dont see when they can use spell or not.
So all NB things still in game and even modified NB still in game too, just developers dont know how it changed and what changed.
They increased GCD for change spell on toolbar - it how they "banned" NB.
Conclusion: devteam can pronounce many things about add-ons but thye cannot do it.
In really, devteams know nothing about current cheats and cannot fight it. Instead of give equal rights to everyone they moved usefull tool to dark side so ppl start to use absolutely cheating programs. Bad soulution and bad precendent.
Exactly the problem I and many other have. I don't want all addons banned, i'm not even giving a flying ... duck ... if these addons are banned or not, what bothers me is the double standard.
You talk about one addon, another about other, third about something what he dont like etc.
But we have nice criteria for ban addons - all addons use API, so any man (with know how to use API, lua, xml) can do anything with API.
Its not cheat, its not exploit. It absolutely legal and free to use by all. And this improve game, increase population etc.
If you dont like addon - dont use it.
Nobody was talking about automation, but about automation based on conditions
Forum have posts with automation issue in NB and sequencer
conditional check still in game
i will answer later
Not liking an addon is not my point, if you would look carefully I was against ban of NB, it had it's good things.
Don't miss understand me, I'm not liking addons like WARTriage or EZGuard, they are bulls... and people should l2p (I hate this phrase but if people are not able to get the basics of their class done they need to ...yeah well l2p).

If NB is not allowed, this should also not be allowed, if they can't do anything without bricking the game (maybe it would be possible with more effort, but I will not judge the devs about their prioritys), they at least should not allow this threads and warn/ban the one promoting or using these addons relating to ToU 2.3.

Edit: But again, it's their game, if the rules more like "etiquette" then actually rules it's not my decision how to handle this.
#AllClassesMatter

“A man can fail many times, but he isn't a failure until he begins to blame somebody else.”

― John Burroughs

oaliaen

Re: [ADDON] EZGuard 1.2.1

Post#83 » Mon Jan 31, 2022 3:08 pm

This addon lag as f in crowded fights...

emiliorv
Suspended

Post#84 » Tue Feb 01, 2022 9:38 am

Talladego wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 9:52 pm EZGuard (v1.2.1)

EZGuard makes your guard ability select a group member and set guard to it when clicked. It will only select alive players withing guard range (default 50ft).

Targets are selected by archetype, Healers first then DPS then Tanks depending on current hitpoints. The default selection priorities can be changed by adjusting the Hit Points factor. The higher the factor the more hurt the archetype has to be before being targeted. (Defaults are Healers: 100, DPS 125, Tanks 150).

When EZGuard is enabled your guard ability will be highlighted with a glow frame.
When "Auto Target" is enabled targets will be selected automatically. You then click your guard ability to guard the selected player.
Enabling "Burn Effect" will make your guard ability burn when a group member in range needs guard.

If no player is guarded it will select the closest player within 50 feet.

Ctrl-Left clicking your guard ability toggles EZGuard on and off.

Command to change settings is /ezguard or /ezg

Download: EZGuard (v1.2.1)

Thanks for your awesome work and for share it with community

Kpi

Post#85 » Wed Mar 02, 2022 12:45 am

There is possible add a macro key, like wartriage, for switch the target? So we can choose between auto target and "pressing a key " target.

And a question. The values for picking target what means? It is a percent of HP like wartriage?

Thank you for your awesome job with the addins
Spoiler:
Kpihuss -- WP 88
Kpithrogrim -- IB 83
Kpigaragrim -- Slayer 81
Kpikossar -- SW 77
Kpirmedes -- RP 68+
Kpiboris -- KOTBS 65+

Talladego

Post#86 » Wed Mar 02, 2022 9:17 am

Kpi wrote: Wed Mar 02, 2022 12:45 am There is possible add a macro key, like wartriage, for switch the target? So we can choose between auto target and "pressing a key " target.

And a question. The values for picking target what means? It is a percent of HP like wartriage?

Thank you for your awesome job with the addins
Originally WarTriage was meant to have a Healer mode and a Tank mode, one to select hurt players in Warband/Scenario and one to select hurt players in Party for guarding.
But I quickly realised there were so many code differences (heal range vs guard range, selecting party members vs warband/scenario) that I separated them in two separate addons.

Also EZGuard makes use of the possibility to automatically target party members (only works on party members).
And while WarTriage uses a macro button, EZGuard triggers when using your guard ability, which meant it had to be possible to turn it off for manual guard mode.

The player selection code is different as well, WarTriage simply compares player health percentages according to set levels, while EZGuard compares health after first applying a factor.
So EZGuard (by default) compares a Healer's health x 1.0, DPS health x 1.25 and a Tank's health x 1.5, which means a tank has to be more hurt before it is selected before a hurt healer or DPS.
(Less accurate method but easier to code)

And then WarTriage looks on players within heal/rezz range (150/100 ft) while EZGuard ignores party members beyond 50 ft range.

Anyway, I have a version of WarTriage that has an option to only select Party members and it should work for a guard tank as well.
I still need to make a few changes before release though.

bw10

Post#87 » Fri Jan 06, 2023 6:55 pm

doesnt work for me, the guard button doesnt light up. only addon UI works