Recent Topics

Ads

Enemy Marks creates conflict

Here you can post addons, or anything related to addons.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Sinereas

Enemy Marks creates conflict

Post#1 » Fri Dec 31, 2021 2:02 am

good evening all, a question for the experts. I have been messing with UI and specifically with with Enemy due to an error that was causing my game to stutter badly and enemy UI malfunction (missing effects indicators and so). Enemy was marked with error (!) In the addons list.

I tried everything, however long story short: I end up with a fresh installation just trying to isolate the causes and I found that the addon conflicts, and is immediately marked with (!), when I open the template to edit the marks settings (Edit Marks Template window).
This is what the debug log ui shows:

Whole ror folder is not read-only, and I repeated the check periodically.
Installation is fresh, version of Enemy is 2.8.4 from Idrinth site.
libraries are fresh, did not switched any setting from old backup: just restored manually everything.
I read multiple posts but can't figure out what the heck is happening: does anyone have the same problem?
Moranda

Ads
sullemunk
Addon Developer

Re: Enemy Marks creates conflict

Post#2 » Fri Dec 31, 2021 11:43 am

From what i can see from the screenshot, it asks for 4 arguments; String , number, number wstring. It expects the last argument to be a "wstring" but receives a "string"
Image Ethreal   Image Corque   Image Urgiz   Image Loxley   Image Chilli   Image Maduza

Sinereas

Post#3 » Sat Jan 01, 2022 10:24 pm

Thanks for taking a look into it Sulle, however I am not a addon developer and while I can barely nunderstand the difference, still I can't figure how to solve it. Not asking for babysitting, just trying to understand if it's me messing with settings that generates the issue or if it is Enemy problem. Thanks again :)
Moranda

anarchypark

Post#4 » Sun Jan 02, 2022 12:33 pm

delete every addons, delete charactrer cache.
inside ror folder.
and try again?
SM8, SW8, AM8, WL7, KoBS5, BW5, WP8, WH7, IB7, Eng5, RP5, SL6
BG8, Sorc8, DoK8, WE7, Chs8, Mg8, Ze7, Mara8, BO6, SH7, Shm5, Chop4
SC summary - viewtopic.php?f=8&t=20415
( last update : 2020.06.09)

Sinereas

Post#5 » Sun Jan 02, 2022 3:38 pm

Just done. In order to isolate the problem I just erased -everything- and started a new fresh client installation and downloaded clean addons from idrinth site. So it's everything new: this is why it makes me think I am imputing some setting that makes enemy acting weird
Moranda

Sinereas

[Addon] Enemy Marks creates conflict

Post#6 » Thu Jan 06, 2022 10:43 pm

just found a way out in \Interface\AddOns\Enemy\Code\Marks\Marks.lua (version 2.8.4) thanks to the hint of Sullemunk.

changing:

Code: Select all

config_dlg.exampleObjectName = "Abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz"

with

Code: Select all

config_dlg.exampleObjectName = L"Abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz"
The error disappears. Now I found that it was not the sole problem. I have this issue when editing effects indicators:

problem seems to be within \Interface\AddOns\Enemy\Code\UnitFrames\EffectsIndicator.lua
This issue is getting error and prevents reverting the configuration until relog. /rel does not solve the issue.
any further hint to help tackling the issue?
Moranda

nocturnalguest

Post#7 » Fri Jan 07, 2022 10:49 am

Very interesting.
I still have issues in solo rankeds with missing ppl in my party, loading issues resulting in crashes and all that happened since i customised effects indicators.
Also having random stutters in large scale. Plan to investigate the issue on weekend. Gonna use your thread if i find something if you dont mind

Sinereas

Post#8 » Sat Jan 08, 2022 9:45 pm

Absolutely feel free to use it. As you say, enemy unitframes works "smoothly" until one begins customising effects indicators: there's a point where it collapses creating massive stutter and messing everything including the configuration file.
That specific error it's due probably to the fact that textscale label has no value by deafult, where it should be populated at least from a 1
Moranda

Ads