Recent Topics

Ads

[FEEDBACK] Sequencer Addon.

Here you can post addons, or anything related to addons.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
ururu

Re: [FEEDBACK] Sequencer Addon.

Post#131 » Mon Jun 14, 2021 10:02 am

Cultist wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 9:55 am Now let me know a piece of software that can do that with pixel colouring.
If client still receives information about positional state, you can make an addon that puts a pseudo buff whenever you are behind the target. Then pixel-macro-whatever stuff does its job. All theoretically, of course.

Ads
anthiquery

Post#132 » Mon Jun 14, 2021 10:11 am

Perhaps if somebody have enough knowledge in lua scripting he can try to do not make the icon change in actionbars slot and do not make it glowing and it s probably would work not sure just think about it

Cultist

Post#133 » Mon Jun 14, 2021 10:32 am

ururu wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 10:02 am
Cultist wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 9:55 am Now let me know a piece of software that can do that with pixel colouring.
If client still receives information about positional state, you can make an addon that puts a pseudo buff whenever you are behind the target. Then pixel-macro-whatever stuff does its job. All theoretically, of course.
I can see that but you're all taking a lot of time/resources just to emulate NB, which is blocked. You must know pixel colouring doesn't make wonders, it's error-prone and it is not as reactive as NB since it doesn't have access to the API at all. Same argument could be used against DEVs though: taking a lot of effort and time to ban an addon which can be mostly emulated with external tools instead of focusing on bugs or more content but whatever, NB was too powerful in the right hands (nobody can deny that) and that's why it got blocked. Bypassing its block is quite complicated at the moment and you might risk your account. Same should go for external tools...

PS: I'm not anti-NB or pro-NB but at its state this Sequencer addon should skip abilities on CD at least.

EDIT:

By the way, we are all running this game w/ admin privileges, hardcoding a hash function to detect other programs running on the computer is not complicated. I mean, if they would like to be serious about external tools they could detect them and ban those using them, starting with that "Macro Scheduler". Then some smartie could say "use a packer" which could lead to entering an endless shitloop. Someone should put a "break".
Last edited by Cultist on Mon Jun 14, 2021 10:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

Fanaticseb

Post#134 » Mon Jun 14, 2021 10:51 am

Cultist wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 10:32 am
I can see that but you're all taking a lot of time/resources just to emulate NB, which is blocked. You must know pixel colouring doesn't make wonders, it's error-prone and it is not as reactive as NB since it doesn't have access to the API at all. Same argument could be used against DEVs though: taking a lot of effort and time to ban an addon which can be mostly emulated with external tools instead of focusing on bugs or more content but whatever, NB was too powerful in the right hands (nobody can deny that) and that's why it got blocked. Bypassing its block is quite complicated at the moment and you might risk your account. Same should go for external tools...

PS: I'm not anti-NB or pro-NB but at its state this Sequencer addon should skip abilities on CD at least.
Your previous statement was the following:
Cultist wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 6:55 am @Kpi you obvioiusly don't know what you are talking about.

No software can replicate all what NB was capable of. Please stop.
Which is wrong.

All the other stuff you wrote is irrelevant.

Cultist

Post#135 » Mon Jun 14, 2021 10:53 am

Fanaticseb wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 10:51 am

Your previous statement was the following:
Cultist wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 6:55 am @Kpi you obvioiusly don't know what you are talking about.

No software can replicate all what NB was capable of. Please stop.
Which is wrong.

All the other stuff you wrote is irrelevant.
Read twice, I said "ALL". I'm aware most of it can be replicated.

It would be interesting though how you plan to achieve it, that "Macro Scheduler" is a good idea for the DEVs to take actions, don't you think?

Melkoroth

Post#136 » Mon Jun 14, 2021 11:00 am

I can see that but you're all taking a lot of time/resources just to emulate NB, which is blocked. You must know pixel colouring doesn't make wonders, it's error-prone and it is not as reactive as NB since it doesn't have RoR API access. Same argument could be used against DEVs though: taking a lot of effort and time to ban an addon which can be mostly emulated with external tools instead of focusing on bugs or more content but whatever, NB was too powerful in the right hands (nobody can deny that) and that's why it got blocked. Bypassing its block is quite complicated at the moment and you might risk your account. Same should go for external tools...

So now from "It can't be done" you switch to "but it's difficult". It's something at least.

So, to summarize.
1. There are ways of circumventing NB ban if you know enough about the game API. I guess an effort can be made to counter-circumvent taking dev-time away from other fronts. Not sure if it's possible to remove completely without affecting the functionality of other popular addons though.
2. There are ways of coding an external NB-like program. You'll probably need an ad-hoc addon that displays "conditionals" in a way some external program could easily read from the screen. It'll be painful, perhaps one would have to set-up quite a bit of code for each character but it's doable. From the detection point of view it's not trivial if the external SW is doing nothing memory-wise.
3. There are ways of setting up macros with keyboard and mouse programs which are way better than the proposed Sequencer addon.

The thing is NB went from "everyone can use it" to "only coders and friends can use it".

Alienating your playerbase all because the 5 pr0 people that do ranked cried enough to some dev was a risky move at best. We need casuals, we need to lower the entry barrier for them so they can have some easy fun after work testing various different archetypes. For me it was fun to be able to easily switch between toons without much effort. I don't play much lately but if I do I'll stick to my main I guess, I have no time to invest in muscle-memorizing 4 chars.

As for the Sequencer addon suggestions. I would use it to save some bar real state if it'd at least fall-through cooldowns.
Ettenhard Abarca - Witch Hunter

Kpi

Post#137 » Mon Jun 14, 2021 11:10 am

Cultist wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 9:55 am Counterexample:

If you are behind your target use skill X.

Now let me know a piece of software that can do that with pixel colouring.
Is the only conditional what can't be do with pixel colour check... But as u can see, the others check is possible to do with it.
Spoiler:
Kpihuss -- WP 88
Kpithrogrim -- IB 83
Kpigaragrim -- Slayer 81
Kpikossar -- SW 77
Kpirmedes -- RP 68+
Kpiboris -- KOTBS 65+

Cultist

Post#138 » Mon Jun 14, 2021 11:41 am

If you're so confident about emulating NB with an external tool go ahead and give us your final result. God, as if pixel colouring macros were not clunky and buggy (not to mention it's a pain in the *** to code them) and as if writing a script to display all buffs (including rear and blindsides amongst others) in conjuntion with that macro would work amazingly well...

You guys just want NB back, ok. I'm OK with a sequencer that skips skills on CD.

And I reassert: you're running this game w/ admin privileges, other online games in late 90s already had mechanisms to detect hacking tools, they are quite simple and RoR DEV team quite competent for what I've seen. Up to you.

Ads
saupreusse
Developer

Post#139 » Mon Jun 14, 2021 12:20 pm

Kpi wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 10:21 pm
saupreusse wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 10:01 pm
Kpi wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 6:51 pm

Some macro software can do a lot of "pixel color" check in a few ms check all your buff in 50ms, or your HP, or your AP and use the skill your programed for this. Is easy to do this but need a lot of time. But is not impossible.
Since you insist that its possible to do a conditional check on ingame spells you should be able to tell me the name of this magical software.
Macro Scheduler
i checked it out and while its quite a powerful macroing tool and even has an image checker its nowhere near what you can do with a conditional thats hooked up to the war api. So your point is busted.
Don't get me wrong, this macro software can do a lot but in the end its just a macroing tool and if you ever get hard cc on you it will break your sequence because your timers will get **** up. you can't do anything in the realms of NB with it.
Edit: in case of hard cc you could actually use the image checker to look for the CC icon of the CCTV addon and pause whenever its applied on you in order to safe your sequence from breaking, which is nice - but not NB kind of nice

kaela

Post#140 » Mon Jun 14, 2021 12:26 pm

xSAILORMOONx wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 7:16 pm How to delete this addon? I clean all but it still works
.castsequence del <hotkeynumber>