Recent Topics

Ads

[FEEDBACK] Sequencer Addon.

Here you can post addons, or anything related to addons.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
emiliorv
Suspended

Re: [FEEDBACK] Sequencer Addon.

Post#71 » Thu Jun 10, 2021 4:57 pm

Phantasm wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 4:45 pm Thats the whole purpose of addons dont u think? They dont just look fancy, they make bad players a bit better, i`m bad player and I use addons.
Im not against addons.
didnt use NB but im ok with the addon
I dont like that the addon was blocked because "the staff dont like how we play"

But, a cooldown check ITS A CONDITIONAL CHECK => the addon check if the abitily is ready to use or dont and make the decision for the player. You can argue whatever but it is what it is.

Ads
xyeppp
Former Staff

Post#72 » Thu Jun 10, 2021 5:00 pm

Mordd wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 4:31 pm This whole situation is just dumb. Drive off a large portion of the population over removing an add on that was in game since right after launch. Then waste time making a server side sequencer that is so limited a standard autohotkey macro is a far better option.

This sequencer as it is, is completely useless. Its a wastes of time to try and setup to use and a waste of time to program and put all of these stupid restrictions on.

Then you also have many people saying there is a secret working version of NB. I have no idea if its true. So many people in the game are mad and feel they are at a disadvantage now caused by Daylen. If everyone has access to an add on and people choose to not use it, thats up to them. But if only some players have access to it, there is an imbalance now. This may only be perceived and the add on may not actually work, but we will lose more players to people thinking some have it and they cant get it.
+1
Overall it's just a weird situation of fixing a non-existent problem that has been unnecessarily created at somebody's will for no reason, but I digress.

Plugging all of the holes by breaking core UI functions seems very backwards to me given that you might a)never be sure you have found all the loopholes, or b)break a lot more than you think in the process as seen with PlanB and Enemy Click-Casting.

Not to mention the rabbit hole of setting precedents on what an addon can or cannot do.

Also - yes, there is still a way to make NB work and no, I will not disclose it as I think it is not beneficial for any of the parties involved until some kind of a final decision about NB has been made.
Last edited by xyeppp on Thu Jun 10, 2021 5:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Github / Tighub / Stack

provide

Post#73 » Thu Jun 10, 2021 5:15 pm

xyeppp wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 5:00 pm
Mordd wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 4:31 pm This whole situation is just dumb. Drive off a large portion of the population over removing an add on that was in game since right after launch. Then waste time making a server side sequencer that is so limited a standard autohotkey macro is a far better option.

This sequencer as it is, is completely useless. Its a wastes of time to try and setup to use and a waste of time to program and put all of these stupid restrictions on.

Then you also have many people saying there is a secret working version of NB. I have no idea if its true. So many people in the game are mad and feel they are at a disadvantage now caused by Daylen. If everyone has access to an add on and people choose to not use it, thats up to them. But if only some players have access to it, there is an imbalance now. This may only be perceived and the add on may not actually work, but we will lose more players to people thinking some have it and they cant get it.
+1
Overall it's just a weird situation of fixing a non-existent problem that has been unnecessarily created at somebody's will for no reason, but I digress.

Plugging all of the holes by breaking core UI functions seems very backwards to me given that you might a)never be sure you have found all the loopholes, or b)break a lot more than you think in the process as seen with PlanB and Enemy Click-Casting.

Not to mention the rabbit hole of setting precedents on what an addon can or cannot do.

Also - yes, there is still a way to make NB work.
THIS +1

Oh and will you sell it to me? :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

pagimanRalla10

Post#74 » Thu Jun 10, 2021 5:16 pm

In the end, it only plays a subordinate role. By removing NB and the many questionable balance changes since Secret is no longer there, in my opinion you have put the lid on the game. So many players left because of all the questionable changes and broken balance or broken pet systems.
I do not know what you promise you from the development that the game has been making for months.

I only see dwindling player numbers from one of the best PVP MMOs I've ever played and you developers are solely responsible for that.

The community that knows this game inside and out, like me, never had a say in your decisions.
The receipt is the migration of many competent players who are now finding their luck in other MMOs or who have stopped altogether.

Kaelang

Post#75 » Thu Jun 10, 2021 5:24 pm

Friendly reminder to keep this thread for feedback on Sequencer and not using it to discuss NB. I appreciate you guys want to outlet any frustrations, but we've purposely kept other threads open for this exact purpose.

I don't want to go through and start removing a tonne of posts from this thread, because conversations happen and I can't physically 24:7 moderate this thread - nor do I want to be seen as 'silencing' you guys airing valid opinions.

That being said, we need to keep this on topic so we can easily identify any potential issues and concerns with the Sequencer addon as a standalone. Moving forward from this reply - I'm just going to move any NB related messages that do not provide any feedback or suggestions towards Sequencer.

You've had your off-topic conversations - now let's keep this on topic.

Tyvm.
DiscordFacebookTwitterInstagram

I play around with Social Media, troll our players on Discord and officially hate anyone who plays a dwarf.

abazaba

Post#76 » Thu Jun 10, 2021 5:33 pm

xyeppp wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 5:00 pm

+1

Also - yes, there is still a way to make NB work and no, I will not disclose it as I think it is not beneficial for any of the parties involved until some kind of a final decision about NB has been made.
The end result is most likely 3rd party programs. In highly competitive play people will search for any edge, especially on a free server.
A keyboard/mouse macro button executes better than the sequencer addon for example.

Mordd

Post#77 » Thu Jun 10, 2021 5:42 pm

Kaelang wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 5:24 pm Friendly reminder to keep this thread for feedback on Sequencer and not using it to discuss NB. I appreciate you guys want to outlet any frustrations, but we've purposely kept other threads open for this exact purpose.

I don't want to go through and start removing a tonne of posts from this thread, because conversations happen and I can't physically 24:7 moderate this thread - nor do I want to be seen as 'silencing' you guys airing valid opinions.

That being said, we need to keep this on topic so we can easily identify any potential issues and concerns with the Sequencer addon as a standalone. Moving forward from this reply - I'm just going to move any NB related messages that do not provide any feedback or suggestions towards Sequencer.

You've had your off-topic conversations - now let's keep this on topic.

Tyvm.
ok strictly on the sequencer. Its useless as it is.

ururu

Post#78 » Thu Jun 10, 2021 5:54 pm

Speaking about my current experience with sequencer - squeezed 7 abilities into 3 hotkeys. That's about it. Could've been more, but it'll feel clunky because lack of cooldown and conditional checks. What i personally woud like to see in it - A) skipping over abilities that are on cooldown B) Checks for buffs\resources.

Ads
Sulorie

Post#79 » Thu Jun 10, 2021 6:06 pm

emiliorv wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 4:37 pm
Sulorie wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 12:14 pm
emiliorv wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 12:02 pm stop smashing 1 button expecting that one addon will select the correct action...
This is not what a sequencer is doing.
You have a pre-selected set of skills in a chain and you toggle them one after another. There is no check to judge whether the skill is appropriate for the situation.
Having a CD check is mandatory for a sequence or it never progresses. It doesn't "think" for the player, as the player thought beforehand, while creating the skill chain and it can't deviate from it at all.
The addon use ability X if it isnt on CD and using ability Y when X is on CD => so yes, addon is doing the work for the player.

Dont be lazy => make 1 secuence to use when X is not on CD and a second secuence to use when X is on CD...
There is no decision making involved, just more buttons. You already group buttons together, who are used in succession.
You don't even set conditions actively, just skill x is on cooldown, so the next is put in line.
The addon reduces number of buttons, it doesn't decide what skills to pick, if used as a simple sequencer. You already know what skills you want to use beforehand.
Dying is no option.

Kpi

Post#80 » Thu Jun 10, 2021 9:01 pm

My 2 cent after test de addon: It is very useless

-Not is possible skip the skill when they are in CD
-Not is possible use with potions
-Not is possible use with morales
-Limit of a few skills on sequence
-Sometimes is bugged and dont works

Is a waste of time develop an addon like this when the NB works well for all.

The patience from more players is near over, so more will leave the game. Please, dont leave this happens and unlock the NB
Spoiler:
Kpihuss -- WP 88
Kpithrogrim -- IB 83
Kpigaragrim -- Slayer 81
Kpikossar -- SW 77
Kpirmedes -- RP 68+
Kpiboris -- KOTBS 65+