Recent Topics

Ads

Enemy 2.8.0 updated + RoR Intercom

Here you can post addons, or anything related to addons.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
b00n

Re: Enemy 2.8.0 updated + RoR Intercom

Post#11 » Wed Mar 31, 2021 1:38 pm

Thank you ! works super.

One thing:
Two friends running the game in german and struggling to join intercom. Any ideas?
Destro: Chosen 85+, Zealot 80+, Sorceress 80+, Dok 80+, BG 80+, Magus 80+, Choppa 80+, WitchElf 80+
Order: SM 64, Warrior Priest 47, AM, BrightWizard, ShadowWarrior, Kotbs

Ads
xyeppp
Former Staff

Post#12 » Wed Mar 31, 2021 1:42 pm

b00n wrote: Wed Mar 31, 2021 1:38 pm Thank you ! works super.

One thing:
Two friends running the game in german and struggling to join intercom. Any ideas?
Not really.

I can only refer you to OldSerpenT's thread where it says this:
Main ideas of how to significantly reduce all sort of add-ons and interface issues:
1. Switch you client language to English. Some languages (like Russian in my case) have really weird way to encode some letters in Lua - programming language that is used to make add-ons and also the entire interface made with it. Sometimes it causes conflict because of how engine parses encoded text.
2. Do not use any non-English letters in guild notes, friend notes etc. Reference to #1
Github / Tighub / Stack

sullemunk
Addon Developer

Post#13 » Wed Mar 31, 2021 1:50 pm

One thing:
Some client languages doesn't use the /p and /wb for channel switching
Image Ethreal   Image Corque   Image Urgiz   Image Loxley   Image Chilli   Image Maduza

xyeppp
Former Staff

Post#14 » Wed Mar 31, 2021 1:52 pm

sullemunk wrote: Wed Mar 31, 2021 1:50 pm

One thing:
Some client languages doesn't use the /p and /wb for channel switching
I was just thinking about this - the thing is hardcoded with /script to join the channel in English.

If the channel name is something else you could probably go into Intercom.lua and edit relevant /scripts to say whatever the channel name is in German - theoretically should work, I guess?

EDIT:
I will update the SC info with avg. MMR as well in a little bit, I didn't realize RR = MMR now.
Github / Tighub / Stack

stibboe

Post#15 » Wed Mar 31, 2021 6:17 pm

Hi, when I download this it says its for game version 1.4.7 and I don't see the option that you posted earlier to tick the box next to Text scale. Is this right, or is something borked?

I replaced the old enemy folder and put the unzipped version you made in my D:\xxxx\Games\Return of Reckoning\user\settings\Martyrs Square\Nibbo\VinyUIDestrHeal.

This creates a new Enemy map. Is this the right way, or do I need to put your file inside the old enemy thing or something?

xyeppp
Former Staff

Post#16 » Wed Mar 31, 2021 6:23 pm

stibboe wrote: Wed Mar 31, 2021 6:17 pm Hi, when I download this it says its for game version 1.4.7 and I don't see the option that you posted earlier to tick the box next to Text scale. Is this right, or is something borked?

I replaced the old enemy folder and put the unzipped version you made in my D:\xxxx\Games\Return of Reckoning\user\settings\Martyrs Square\Nibbo\VinyUIDestrHeal.

This creates a new Enemy map. Is this the right way, or do I need to put your file inside the old enemy thing or something?
You unzip into Interface/Addons
Github / Tighub / Stack

xyeppp
Former Staff

Post#17 » Thu Apr 01, 2021 9:59 pm

Spoiler:
xyeppp wrote: Sun Mar 28, 2021 12:44 pm You can implement it with OldSerpenT's way and have no spam, but you are then limited to a single caller only (the person who invited you into the intercom) - there is no way to have both no spam and assist switching working without private channels.
I didn't understand what .alert is.
It turns out you can actually have both no spam and assist switching working even on party channels. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
EDIT:
After days of trying and a short chat with Sullemunk I have given up as I think it is impossible to implement.
I have everything working, but the problem lies with .alert - it can only send a message to one person at a time and not multiple contacts at once.

You can make it force-cycle through contacts and send to everyone one-by-one but this takes a ridiculously long time, and by the time the last person in a warband gets the assist message you have already marked a new target.
You could make it work on party with a small delay on messages, but I don't see how this is better than a single mark message and no delay in assisting.

I think this is the closest you can get to a minimal spam intercom.
Last edited by xyeppp on Wed Apr 07, 2021 11:07 am, edited 2 times in total.
Github / Tighub / Stack

stibboe

Post#18 » Mon Apr 05, 2021 2:12 pm

xyeppp wrote: Wed Mar 31, 2021 6:23 pm
stibboe wrote: Wed Mar 31, 2021 6:17 pm Hi, when I download this it says its for game version 1.4.7 and I don't see the option that you posted earlier to tick the box next to Text scale. Is this right, or is something borked?

You unzip into Interface/Addons
Thanks, i´m such a doofus lol. That helped!

Ads
xyeppp
Former Staff

Post#19 » Mon Apr 05, 2021 7:10 pm

One thing:
German client intercom version added as well.
If any other languages don't work I'll probably compile it all into one and have a button to switch for client language version.

Enemy with German client Intercom support.

I think no-spam intercom is impossible with the current .alert iteration because of server limitations as per post above.
Spam is the way.
Github / Tighub / Stack

Jarobor

Post#20 » Mon Apr 26, 2021 1:19 pm

After returning to RoR and switching on the VinyUi with Enemy pack Ive noticed, that there is no Combatlog - no such option in dropdown configuration menu of the addon. Is this feature no longer present?