Recent Topics

Ads

[DX9 > DX12 PROXY] Further Performance Boosting

Here you can post addons, or anything related to addons.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Numeriku

Re: [DX9 > DX12 PROXY] Further Performance Boosting

Post#61 » Tue Apr 27, 2021 2:32 pm

tvbrowntown wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 7:17 am another one to look at would be dgvoodoo2

https://github.com/dege-diosg/dgVoodoo2/releases
I got dgVoodoo2 working on windows 10

Launcher crashes like in dxvk but i wrote a simple bat to bypass it

https://github.com/Numeriku/warhammerdx12

Ads
oaliaen

Post#62 » Tue Apr 27, 2021 5:36 pm

This voodoo is making my game reinstall all files again... ppl dont download it.

Voodoo make the game creates a new TEMP folder whit all game files inside.. If you dont want to reinstall the game just close the launcher and open it from the default folder. And delete the TEMP.

Numeriku

Post#63 » Wed Apr 28, 2021 6:46 am

oaliaen wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 5:36 pm This voodoo is making my game reinstall all files again... ppl dont download it.

Voodoo make the game creates a new TEMP folder whit all game files inside.. If you dont want to reinstall the game just close the launcher and open it from the default folder. And delete the TEMP.
Your probably did it wrong by setting the launcher as your shortcut instead of setting up shortcut to the start.bat, follow the instructions closely on the git. The temp folder created is there to just move the launcher & d3d9.dll over to bypass the launcher.

Numeriku

Post#64 » Wed Apr 28, 2021 6:57 am

I have tested the start.bat on a fresh installation of ror and it works as intended, you didnt set shortcut to the start.bat according to the instructions of the git and used a launcher shortcut instead.

Screenshot below of temp folder with launcher already bypassed and not downloading full game on fresh installation of ror

kinghfb

Post#65 » Wed Apr 28, 2021 8:41 am

ive been following this thread and trying some suggestions.
for reference, im on windows10

my findings:
  • dxvk - if youre using linux this would probably be fine but it didnt improve anything for me and going further it disabled reshade. i didnt see any performance increase.
  • d912pxy - i eventually got this to load by building the debug version from source and using the x86 version, but it is incomplete. textures are mis-assigned, loading is weird, some UI is missing entirely. HOWEVER the framerate while running was improved. this is the most promising fix despite
    being broken. i would add a screenshot but hitting print screen crashes the build. (on guild wars 2 this is amazing and pumped fps from 60 to 120 in some places.)
  • dgVoodoo - this works, but it doesnt do anything worthwhile (for me). in fact, in some instances breaking textures and dropping framerate to single digits. i actually dont know why you would use this.
on that last point, if someone could let me know what theyre using dgvoodoo for (as in, what problem it is solving for you,) that would be appreciated. as i said, from my experience it just causes things to run terribly and not at all suited for what this game is trying to do imho. not to mention the ugly logo overlay.
Order
Thungni - Rune Priest - RR83
Thyrus Gormann - Bright Wizard - RR79

Destruction
Kharynn Managerbane - Zealot - RR7X
Butstikka - Black Orc - RR6X
Bill - Marauder - RR3X

oaliaen

Post#66 » Wed Apr 28, 2021 3:31 pm

I followed all directions... start.bat in main folder closely whit voodoo.dll . After making the start.bat shortcut it creates a TEMP folder and start to download the game. ( 170.000 files )

Numeriku

Post#67 » Wed Apr 28, 2021 3:53 pm

oaliaen wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 3:31 pm I followed all directions... start.bat in main folder closely whit voodoo.dll . After making the start.bat shortcut it creates a TEMP folder and start to download the game. ( 170.000 files )
If the script dont work for you, just start the launcher without the d3d9.dll in the folder, move the d3d9.dll into the folder, you have to keep doing this everytime, i'll research on it more why it does not work on yours.

Numeriku

Post#68 » Wed Apr 28, 2021 4:02 pm

oaliaen wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 3:31 pm I followed all directions... start.bat in main folder closely whit voodoo.dll . After making the start.bat shortcut it creates a TEMP folder and start to download the game. ( 170.000 files )
I changed the start.bat to not move the launcher now, it should work without downloading any files if you are already fully patched.

Ads
b00n

Post#69 » Wed Apr 28, 2021 5:42 pm

kinghfb wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 8:41 am ive been following this thread and trying some suggestions.
for reference, im on windows10

my findings:
  • dxvk - if youre using linux this would probably be fine but it didnt improve anything for me and going further it disabled reshade. i didnt see any performance increase.
  • d912pxy - i eventually got this to load by building the debug version from source and using the x86 version, but it is incomplete. textures are mis-assigned, loading is weird, some UI is missing entirely. HOWEVER the framerate while running was improved. this is the most promising fix despite
    being broken. i would add a screenshot but hitting print screen crashes the build. (on guild wars 2 this is amazing and pumped fps from 60 to 120 in some places.)
  • dgVoodoo - this works, but it doesnt do anything worthwhile (for me). in fact, in some instances breaking textures and dropping framerate to single digits. i actually dont know why you would use this.
on that last point, if someone could let me know what theyre using dgvoodoo for (as in, what problem it is solving for you,) that would be appreciated. as i said, from my experience it just causes things to run terribly and not at all suited for what this game is trying to do imho. not to mention the ugly logo overlay.
i looked only into dxvk so far, and can confirm your observations - no perforamce increase + no reshade available.

Will try d912pxy next.

Thanks for the nice summary.
Destro: Chosen 85+, Zealot 80+, Sorceress 80+, Dok 80+, BG 80+, Magus 80+, Choppa 80+, WitchElf 80+
Order: SM 64, Warrior Priest 47, AM, BrightWizard, ShadowWarrior, Kotbs

crawy

Post#70 » Mon May 17, 2021 5:46 am

Any update? DX12Proxy could bring some huge performance boost indeed if you could make it work for ROR.