Recent Topics

Ads

[DX9 > DX12 PROXY] Further Performance Boosting

Here you can post addons, or anything related to addons.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Numeriku

Re: [DX9 > DX12 PROXY] Further Performance Boosting

Post#51 » Sat Apr 24, 2021 9:16 am

i can confirm dxvk 1.7 works on windows 10, use the 32bit version.

Ads
Eibon

Post#52 » Sat Apr 24, 2021 10:56 am

I've been working on a client performance project for a while, and during that I also proxied DX9 to later versions, though the biggest performance hogs is not related to the gfx rendering.
One of the biggest culprits is the lua intepreter, and this is what I've focused on improving.

Thaodan

Post#53 » Sat Apr 24, 2021 1:24 pm

Eibon wrote: Sat Apr 24, 2021 10:56 am I've been working on a client performance project for a while, and during that I also proxied DX9 to later versions, though the biggest performance hogs is not related to the gfx rendering.
One of the biggest culprits is the lua intepreter, and this is what I've focused on improving.
I don't think we could upgrade this one could we?
I wish we could write a foss warhammer client. From what I see Warhammer uses Gamebryo as an engine so something that is still alive and active.

Numeriku

Post#54 » Sat Apr 24, 2021 1:36 pm

I got 1.8.1 dxvk to work on windows 10, start launcher move it out, add dll files in from dxvk and start game, wrote a batch file for it to do this automatically, just ask here if you are interested.

Laelthrin
Suspended

Post#55 » Sat Apr 24, 2021 2:46 pm

OOH abatch file i am interested.

Eibon

Post#56 » Sat Apr 24, 2021 3:06 pm

Thaodan wrote: Sat Apr 24, 2021 1:24 pm
Eibon wrote: Sat Apr 24, 2021 10:56 am I've been working on a client performance project for a while, and during that I also proxied DX9 to later versions, though the biggest performance hogs is not related to the gfx rendering.
I wish we could write a foss warhammer client. From what I see Warhammer uses Gamebryo as an engine so something that is still alive and active.
I dont know what you mean by "upgrade", but there is theoretically nothing that cant be modified. Whether it is feasible and worth the time investment, is a completely different question.
My goal has been to change the static Lua (under LuaPlus) to LuaJIT.
Yes, the game uses GameBryo as engine, but if you wanted to completely rewrite the game client, there would probably be better choices.

Numeriku

Post#57 » Sat Apr 24, 2021 6:04 pm

Laelthrin wrote: Sat Apr 24, 2021 2:46 pm OOH abatch file i am interested.
https://github.com/Numeriku/warhammerdxvk

Numeriku

Post#58 » Sat Apr 24, 2021 8:19 pm

Eibon wrote: Sat Apr 24, 2021 3:06 pm
I dont know what you mean by "upgrade", but there is theoretically nothing that cant be modified. Whether it is feasible and worth the time investment, is a completely different question.
Yes, the game uses GameBryo as engine, but if you wanted to completely rewrite the game client, there would probably be better choices.
This is interesting, how far along is it?

Ads
Thaodan

Post#59 » Sat Apr 24, 2021 9:18 pm

I know my idea was just to reuse as much as possible.

How do you want to replace lua without recompiling?

grapefruit

Post#60 » Sun Apr 25, 2021 2:45 pm

Very interesting.
Can you keep us updated?
And when would it be avaible?