Recent Topics

Ads

[DX9 > DX12 PROXY] Further Performance Boosting

Here you can post addons, or anything related to addons.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Fenris78

Re: [DX9 > DX12 PROXY] Further Performance Boosting

Post#201 » Fri Apr 08, 2022 11:39 am

I had issues with d3d9.maxAvailableMemory settings, so I disabled it entirely.
And there are issues too with game crashing when setting effetcs quality to maximum (DXVK or DX proxy, for that matters), so I'll advise to limit quality to "faster framerate" or "Balanced".

Ads
Scottx125

Post#202 » Fri Apr 08, 2022 3:15 pm

@Xergon Replace the d3d9 (32bit) with an original copy from your download. It may have been corrupted etc. There is also NO 64bit version that will work. That's because WAR doesn't have a 64bit exe. It's just a 32bit exe with the memory patch and a few other tweaks. So only the 32bit d3d9 will work.
Spoiler:
Seiigfrid RR 8X WP | Arthasus RR 7X KOTBS | Zalthazar RR 5X BW
For the Gif in it's full glory:
Now a member of Oath.

Swat

Post#203 » Tue Apr 26, 2022 4:16 pm

Hi guys, loving this thread.

I've battled for a few hours and finally got WAR.exe and/or WAR-64.exe to launch.

I think I had the same issue as Xergon, RoRLauncher working fine (with the [RoRLauncher.exe] d3d9.shaderModel = 1 fix, no batch file) but when pressing CONNECT i would get a pause then a black screen and then game crashed.

Something I don't think is made clear is Vulkan required to be installed? I assumed yes so it is.

So I eventually went to the Vulkan configuration and when I launched it it came up with "PlayClaw is not a valid layer" error!!
So uninstalled PlayClaw and BOOM were in!!

Now to see if any performance gains or losses!
Thanks all, hope this may help at least one person.

Fenris78

Post#204 » Wed Apr 27, 2022 9:16 am

If you are struggling, like me, with Vulkan proxy, maybe give a try to the DX11/12 proxy here :
viewtopic.php?f=66&t=47969

Xergon

Post#205 » Thu Apr 28, 2022 8:07 am

Swat wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 4:16 pm Hi guys, loving this thread.

I've battled for a few hours and finally got WAR.exe and/or WAR-64.exe to launch.

I think I had the same issue as Xergon, RoRLauncher working fine (with the [RoRLauncher.exe] d3d9.shaderModel = 1 fix, no batch file) but when pressing CONNECT i would get a pause then a black screen and then game crashed.

Something I don't think is made clear is Vulkan required to be installed? I assumed yes so it is.

So I eventually went to the Vulkan configuration and when I launched it it came up with "PlayClaw is not a valid layer" error!!
So uninstalled PlayClaw and BOOM were in!!

Now to see if any performance gains or losses!
Thanks all, hope this may help at least one person.
Where did you see that message ? I have installed VulkanSDK and its works w/o issue, i can even do test with like Cube rendering works fine, but still cannot make it to work with Warhammer.
The Unlikely Plan
YouTube

haduis

Post#206 » Sun May 01, 2022 5:41 pm

Here's what's worked for me. I don't seem to crash or anything, no negatives as far as I can tell:

Ryzen 7 1800x
Windows 11
dxvk version 1.10.1

[RoRLauncher.exe]
d3d9.shaderModel = 1

[WAR.exe]
d3d9.shaderModel = 3
d3d9.samplerAnisotropy = 16
d3d9.forceSwapchainMSAA = 4
dxvk.hud = 1
d3d9.maxAvailableMemory = 6000

[WAR-64.exe]
d3d9.shaderModel = 3
dxvk.hud = 1

Valarion

Post#207 » Wed May 25, 2022 3:12 pm

The RoR launcher crashes when I use DXVK on WIndows, but I recently got it to work using these steps. No config file needed.
  • Run the launcher like normal
  • Then drop the 32-bit d3d9.dll file from the dxvk tar in the War game directory
  • Then hit "Connect" on launcher
You will now see the game load and in the upper left hand side see your video card, the Vulkan driver ver and fps, etc.

Tested working with the Mar 26, 2022 dxvk-1.10.1.tar.gz release.
80+ WP/Dok/RP/Zealot 60+ AM/Shaman/Knight/Chosen/SM/BO/BW/Sorc 40+WL/Eng. SW deleted

notrandomatall

Post#208 » Wed May 25, 2022 7:29 pm

Valarion wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 3:12 pm The RoR launcher crashes when I use DXVK on WIndows, but I recently got it to work using these steps. No config file needed.
  • Run the launcher like normal
  • Then drop the 32-bit d3d9.dll file from the dxvk tar in the War game directory
  • Then hit "Connect" on launcher
You will now see the game load and in the upper left hand side see your video card, the Vulkan driver ver and fps, etc.

Tested working with the Mar 26, 2022 dxvk-1.10.1.tar.gz release.
[RoRLauncher.exe]
d3d9.shaderModel = 1

This in the config solves that problem entirely. Also a few pages back, around page 10-12 or so someone posted a .bat script that basically does that. So you don't manually need to drag and drop every time.

Ads
uanaka

Post#209 » Wed Jun 15, 2022 5:12 pm

So I've previously been using the .bat method and it seems now there's a way to work around that? Could someone clarify what steps I need to do now? Is it just creating the dxvk.cnf in the ROR Folder, dropping in only the 32bit d3d9.dll file, and running the launcher normally?

[RoRLauncher.exe]
d3d9.shaderModel = 1

[WAR.exe]
d3d9.shaderModel = 3
dxvk.hud = 1

[WAR-64.exe]
d3d9.shaderModel = 3
dxvk.hud = 1

Edit: I seem to running into an issue that I experienced with previous dxvk versions as well. I start the launcher after only placing the 32bit d3d9.dll file into the folder. The launcher will come up on the task bar, but it never actually appears and then crashes and disappears. However, it'll work just fine when I use the old start.bat method, where it will move the file into a separate folder temporarily, and the launcher will appear just fine. Would greatly appreciate any additional support!

I changed the shaderModel=3, for the launcher and it'll appear briefly before closing out as well.

uanaka

Post#210 » Wed Jun 15, 2022 5:57 pm

xpander wrote: Mon Apr 04, 2022 11:39 am Those who have had crashes with memory running out, can try this build:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1pxREck ... sp=sharing

I patched latest master with this pull request: https://github.com/doitsujin/dxvk/pull/2524
Should I use this build, or the async version if I wanted to smoothen out the stuttering?