Recent Topics

Ads

Addon Memory Usage or Allocation?

Here you can post addons, or anything related to addons.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
xruptor

Addon Memory Usage or Allocation?

Post#1 » Sun Sep 20, 2020 1:59 pm

Is there anyway to see how much each addon is using in terms of memory usage/allocation? I would like to cut back on memory intensive addons, but I would like to see how much each one takes.

Ads
Manatikik

Re: Addon Memory Usage or Allocation?

Post#2 » Sun Sep 20, 2020 3:56 pm

xruptor wrote: Sun Sep 20, 2020 1:59 pm Is there anyway to see how much each addon is using in terms of memory usage/allocation? I would like to cut back on memory intensive addons, but I would like to see how much each one takes.

So weirdly enough every add on affects everyone differently in performance hit. The main Culprits are: Enemy (but it’s necessary), Pure, Buffhead, and Miracle Grow Remix. As far as I know there is no way to check which one increases the base memory leak more (yes RoR has a base Memory leak that seems can’t be fixed due to base game issues from waaaay back) and you just have to check and see which ones make you lag more.
<Montague><Capulet>

saupreusse
Developer

Post#3 » Sun Sep 20, 2020 4:04 pm

Yeah sadly enemy is a really big performance hitter especially in warbands. I wish there was a lightweight version of it :/

xruptor

Post#4 » Sun Sep 20, 2020 4:12 pm

DOH! I was hoping there was a way to track this stuff. That way I can monitor and find culprits that I could maybe streamline or something or just remove entirely. Darn....

saupreusse
Developer

Post#5 » Sun Sep 20, 2020 4:17 pm

I can tell you that the worst are enemy, wsct and miracle grow simply by testing.

xruptor

Post#6 » Sun Sep 20, 2020 5:25 pm

saupreusse wrote: Sun Sep 20, 2020 4:17 pm I can tell you that the worst are enemy, wsct and miracle grow simply by testing.
I wonder if there is a replacement for miracle grow that isn't so intrusive. Just something really simple.

In terms of WSCT I came across this thread with a few alternatives. (viewtopic.php?f=66&t=37840)

RathBrand

Post#7 » Sun Sep 20, 2020 6:23 pm

I thought an add-on like warboard (or maybe it was in VinyUI) had an option to display Lua memory and run garbage collection.

xruptor

Post#8 » Sun Sep 20, 2020 7:13 pm

RathBrand wrote: Sun Sep 20, 2020 6:23 pm I thought an add-on like warboard (or maybe it was in VinyUI) had an option to display Lua memory and run garbage collection.
If it does then I haven't seen it. Maybe someone can point me in the right direction if they do exist. Thanks for the response, it's at least a step in the right direction.

Ads
Naelar

Post#9 » Sun Sep 20, 2020 7:41 pm

MiracleGrow really adds to the lag for me. I can't do rvr with it.

emiliorv
Suspended

Post#10 » Mon Sep 21, 2020 7:07 am

xruptor wrote: Sun Sep 20, 2020 5:25 pm
saupreusse wrote: Sun Sep 20, 2020 4:17 pm I can tell you that the worst are enemy, wsct and miracle grow simply by testing.
I wonder if there is a replacement for miracle grow that isn't so intrusive. Just something really simple.

In terms of WSCT I came across this thread with a few alternatives. (viewtopic.php?f=66&t=37840)

MGR => in addon sub-section are at least:
1 post with changes to MGR to decrease the lag issues made by this addon
1 post with one addont to replace MGR (cant remember the name)