Recent Topics

Ads

Enemy - Show Effects on All WB, Not just Party ?

Here you can post addons, or anything related to addons.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Acamano

Enemy - Show Effects on All WB, Not just Party ?

Post#1 » Fri Jun 26, 2020 3:55 pm

Got a question about the addon - Enemy. Basically how I can Show Effects on all members in a WB, not just my party.

I would like to show the Oath Friend icon on a player's party frame. I created the Oath Friend effect and added it to the list. Within the Oath Friend effect properties I chose Show Except - Me. This means the oath friend icon doesn't show on my party frame, but shows on others, presumably. The effect works in my party, but not for the WB. When I apply Oath Friend to someone in my WB, outside my party, the icon became visible for a very short second. I briefly searched the VinyUI thread and online, because I'm sure this question has been asked before but was not lucky.

My downloaded VinylUi came with the download of the game from torrent. I recently got a new computer so redownloading the game came with a VinyUI file I just copied over. The page says updated March 2020, but that may not include VinylUI, in which case if someone is using an updated version from me, which I believe is found here viewtopic.php?f=66&t=6371&start=610#p373057, that uses an effect on the whole WB that shows that would be good to know as well.

Hope this helps someone understand what my question is and what I would like to have Oath Friend do within my WB, outside my party. Thanks in advance!

Ads
Acamano

Re: Enemy - Show Effects on All WB, Not just Party ?

Post#2 » Mon Jun 29, 2020 6:37 pm

Bump. Spent a little time looking around online and in-game, but still haven't had any answers. I'm sure someone has had this question with enemy, and I believe it's intended to be a part of the addon as there is an option to show effects on all when you create and effect.
Like above, when I apply the effect (oath friend) in WB, for a split second I can see the effect at the location I want it, but then it disappears. So that feature that doesn't show effect on everyone in WB is what I need to find. Thanks again!

saupreusse
Developer

Post#3 » Mon Jun 29, 2020 7:30 pm

i believe this one might help you :)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FhzpbUiGhUA

Omegus

Post#4 » Wed Jul 08, 2020 9:31 pm

To my knowledge, addons can only read buffs/debuffs/effects from the following people:

1) You
2) People in your 6-man group/party
3) Your friendly target
4) your hostile target

So unless I'm mistaken, it's not possible for addons such as Enemy to track your buffs belonging to people outside your group unless you have that person targeted.
Zomega: RR8x Zealot