Recent Topics

Ads

action targeting

Here you can post addons, or anything related to addons.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Faef

action targeting

Post#1 » Mon Jun 01, 2020 2:20 pm

Question for those who have knowledge of the availble api calls, would an addon that allowed for a cross hair to target, which on mouse click would select whats in the cross hair, be feasible please?
Last edited by Faef on Mon Jun 01, 2020 4:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ads
Grock

Re: action targetting

Post#2 » Mon Jun 01, 2020 2:32 pm

And do this while in "hold rmb" mode without having to hold rmb and to free up a button

As far as i know though leftclick/rightclick are hardcoded in the game and can't be changed
Orkni 85+ (in-game Grock is not me...)

Faef

Post#3 » Mon Jun 01, 2020 3:23 pm

You can hold in rmb mode now without having to hold the button, you can lock into it by pressing and holding rmb then clicking lmb - for some reason you always need to go into keymapping and select return to default options first before it will work. But yes, its in this mode i would want to action target with xhair.

Faef

Post#4 » Mon Jun 01, 2020 3:25 pm

I got an approximation of action targetting working with a steam controller, i added a xhair overlay to game then would have the mouse pointer move to this centre point and left click on click of button pad (all whilst in locked rmb mode). However, it couldnt handle movement at the same time, as mouse would continue to track as you actioned this.

Akalukz

Post#5 » Mon Jun 01, 2020 4:16 pm

thought there was a cross hair addon already?
-= Agony =-

Faef

Post#6 » Mon Jun 01, 2020 4:38 pm

with selecting target within the crosshair? Not aware of it if so, pretty sure someone started a project along these lines in the early days on live, but i dont think it got completed.

Grock

Post#7 » Mon Jun 01, 2020 4:43 pm

Honestly i dont think its possible via addon API as you'd likely need to move the mouse cursor via code to make this happen.

But i imagine developers should be able to add this in the client itself
Orkni 85+ (in-game Grock is not me...)

Akalukz

Post#8 » Mon Jun 01, 2020 5:40 pm

Faef wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 4:38 pm with selecting target within the crosshair? Not aware of it if so, pretty sure someone started a project along these lines in the early days on live, but i dont think it got completed.
ahh got ya.
-= Agony =-

Ads
Omegus

Re: action targeting

Post#9 » Mon Jun 01, 2020 7:52 pm

Faef wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 2:20 pm Question for those who have knowledge of the availble api calls, would an addon that allowed for a cross hair to target, which on mouse click would select whats in the cross hair, be feasible please?
100% impossible with the current API. As mentioned you would need a third party program to move the mouse location and click at the crosshair location when you pressed whatever button it was you have to target. I don't know whether the devs allow this kind of behaviour.
Zomega: RR8x Zealot

Faef

Re: action targeting

Post#10 » Mon Jun 01, 2020 7:58 pm

that would be pointless, already replicated that with steamcontroller functions and it cant handle mouse movement, i.e. you cant rmb control your movement AND have a mouse pointer move to a point in space and select, which is why I was hoping you could do it via the api, shame, thanks for the info.

Just seems odd, given you have tab or nearest targeting, that you couldnt tap into these based on coordinates within screen space, but only if target selection methods those used are exposed by the api.