Recent Topics

Ads

WSCT replacement

Here you can post addons, or anything related to addons.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Mozlei

Re: WSCT replacement

Post#31 » Fri May 01, 2020 3:07 pm

wdesu wrote: Sun Apr 26, 2020 3:13 pm you can try this https://gitlab.com/cupnoodles14/war-add ... ttextnames if you want. it's basically a couple of hooks on the EA combat text to change fonts etc. it doesn't support skill icons, only skill names. it shouldn't have significant overhead over the default combat text but don't quote me on that.
Just wanted to say I've started using this today and it's great, runs much smoother than wsct so thanks!
RoR
Moz - Slayer - 40/7X
Mozlia - BW - 3X/4X
<The Pinata Pact>
(a.k.a KILL FRENZY)

Karak Hirn/Norn
Mozley - RR95 Witch Elf Mozlei - RR100 White Lion

Ads
uanaka

Post#32 » Mon May 04, 2020 4:09 am

wdesu wrote: Thu Apr 30, 2020 3:20 pm
uanaka wrote: Thu Apr 30, 2020 12:08 pm
Hey there, so I've been testing it for a bit, and for some reason whenever I toggle the

ResetPositionOnLOS = false, -> true

I end up crashing quite often, I wish I could show you some sort of error log (maybe there is somewhere). I tested on both my WP and DOK, and I can't figure out exactly what the provoking action is but I know it's related to that line as I can toggle it back to false and have no problems with it. Any thoughts would be appreciated.
try the newest version. i added some checks and throttled it. it's now also enabled by default.
my thoughts is that it shouldn't be possible to crash the game using addons (like web pages and browser extensions shouldn't be able to crash your browser) but seems like it is. i should probably read how wsct is doing it.

repel wrote: Thu Apr 30, 2020 7:09 am i dont mind
thank you
Hey there! Thanks again for your work on this, after using your version for a few days, hopefully you can help me out.

Is there any way to increase the scroll speed or to decrease the "float" time?

I find that sometimes after I hit something, if I turn my camera away and break los while the numbers are still floating, the values will appear in the center of my screen. And if I turn my camera back to my original target, the numbers will go back to floating above the target, which can make it confusing sometimes. So maybe there's an option to also only limit it to showing just once and it's not always resetting the position?
I included a short clip that might better explain what I meant. I'd like to keep any numbers that occur out of LOS to still show up in the center, but not be redudant.
https://screencast-o-matic.com/watch/cYhfffBGMT

wdesu

Post#33 » Mon May 04, 2020 12:22 pm

uanaka wrote: Mon May 04, 2020 4:09 am Hey there! Thanks again for your work on this, after using your version for a few days, hopefully you can help me out.

I find that sometimes after I hit something, if I turn my camera away and break los while the numbers are still floating, the values will appear in the center of my screen. And if I turn my camera back to my original target, the numbers will go back to floating above the target, which can make it confusing sometimes. So maybe there's an option to also only limit it to showing just once and it's not always resetting the position?
I included a short clip that might better explain what I meant. I'd like to keep any numbers that occur out of LOS to still show up in the center, but not be redudant.
You can change animation parameters by editing the settings in .lua, lowering `maximumDisplayTime` would probably increase the scroll speed. But it's EA code that handles it.

Yeah, I made numbers reattach back when their worldobj is in LOS again. Like, I didn't even think twice before doing things the "more work" way, lol. That is, until I tried to do the "simple" thing.
Iit seems like there's no easy way to make it wsct-like. The problem is that one EventTracker actually displays multiple texts. So it's not possible to display a new text attached to worldobj while keeping another in the center of the screen, if both belong to the same target. So, basically, either new texts for the target will be spawning detached in the center of the screen, or old texts should jump back when there's a new one (or when LOS is restored, which seems like a less surprising behavior, especially considering the multiple targets scenario, when texts would jump back to targets one by one with varying delays).

uanaka

Post#34 » Mon May 04, 2020 12:50 pm

wdesu wrote: Mon May 04, 2020 12:22 pm
uanaka wrote: Mon May 04, 2020 4:09 am Hey there! Thanks again for your work on this, after using your version for a few days, hopefully you can help me out.

You can change animation parameters by editing the settings in .lua, lowering `maximumDisplayTime` would probably increase the scroll speed. But it's EA code that handles it.

Yeah, I made numbers reattach back when their worldobj is in LOS again. Like, I didn't even think twice before doing things the "more work" way, lol. That is, until I tried to do the "simple" thing.
Iit seems like there's no easy way to make it wsct-like. The problem is that one EventTracker actually displays multiple texts. So it's not possible to display a new text attached to worldobj while keeping another in the center of the screen, if both belong to the same target. So, basically, either new texts for the target will be spawning detached in the center of the screen, or old texts should jump back when there's a new one (or when LOS is restored, which seems like a less surprising behavior, especially considering the multiple targets scenario, when texts would jump back to targets one by one with varying delays).
Thanks so much, I'll mess around with the maxdisplaytime, i expect just lowering it will be enough that the way it floats won't be as obstructive. As always, much appreciated!

Taz83

Post#35 » Fri May 08, 2020 12:43 am

is it possible to add gui to it and maybe dropdown menu to change font,color and move position of numbers etc same as wsct
that would be great if possible and thanks for the addon

K13R

Post#36 » Tue May 12, 2020 1:12 pm

repel wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 12:42 pm
Phantasm wrote: Sun Apr 26, 2020 12:16 pm I have to replace WSCT cause it makes huge lag spikes and freezes when fight in massive battles, tried to tweak it down, but nothing works especially against PnP 5s freeze on combat engage guaranteed:)
I came back to default combat text but those numbers are so small on 3440x1440 screen, is there any way to make them bigger? any addon for that? file editing? I tried Ragnarok Style addon but combat text is attached to my character so meh.
I dont use wsct for a long time cause i changed default EA addon EASystem_EventText. It shows ability icons now and i increased font size a bit.
Link: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1I1Dt5V ... sp=sharing
Is there a way to show the ICON of the Skills that you are hit with?

repel
Game Artist

Post#37 » Wed May 20, 2020 1:11 pm

K13R wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 1:12 pm
repel wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 12:42 pm
Phantasm wrote: Sun Apr 26, 2020 12:16 pm I have to replace WSCT cause it makes huge lag spikes and freezes when fight in massive battles, tried to tweak it down, but nothing works especially against PnP 5s freeze on combat engage guaranteed:)
I came back to default combat text but those numbers are so small on 3440x1440 screen, is there any way to make them bigger? any addon for that? file editing? I tried Ragnarok Style addon but combat text is attached to my character so meh.
I dont use wsct for a long time cause i changed default EA addon EASystem_EventText. It shows ability icons now and i increased font size a bit.
Link: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1I1Dt5V ... sp=sharing
Is there a way to show the ICON of the Skills that you are hit with?
it shows icons of ability that you are hit with
Apache SH

Parallell86

Post#38 » Wed May 20, 2020 1:26 pm

Certain addons should be turned off during RVR for this reason. Anything that is needed for practical reasons are fine. But damage numbers flying are just not relevant.

Miracle grow remix (MGremix) used for cultivating also cause immense lagg. When you step into RVR. Ask yourself, "do I NEED this addon?".

I only use these addons myself in small scale such as SC and "away-from-zerg roaming".

Ads
xruptor

Post#39 » Sun Sep 20, 2020 4:11 pm

wdesu wrote: Sun Apr 26, 2020 3:13 pm you can try this https://gitlab.com/nwwdles/war-addons/- ... ttextnames if you want. it's basically a couple of hooks on the EA combat text to change fonts etc. it doesn't support skill icons, only skill names. it shouldn't have significant overhead over the default combat text but don't quote me on that.

edit: got a shorter username and changed gitlab link
This is a great replacement for WSCT. It's very simple and uses the built in combattext. The only issue I have is when I look away from a large group... the middle of my screen gets spammed with countless little icon images that are stacked. I wish there was a way to limit the amount that are shown or maybe throttle them or something so not just one giant garbled blob at the center.

Other then that.. I LOVE this addon :)

Phantasm

Post#40 » Sun Sep 27, 2020 7:25 am

xruptor wrote: Sun Sep 20, 2020 4:11 pm
Spoiler:
wdesu wrote: Sun Apr 26, 2020 3:13 pm you can try this https://gitlab.com/nwwdles/war-addons/- ... ttextnames if you want. it's basically a couple of hooks on the EA combat text to change fonts etc. it doesn't support skill icons, only skill names. it shouldn't have significant overhead over the default combat text but don't quote me on that.

edit: got a shorter username and changed gitlab link
This is a great replacement for WSCT. It's very simple and uses the built in combattext. The only issue I have is when I look away from a large group... the middle of my screen gets spammed with countless little icon images that are stacked. I wish there was a way to limit the amount that are shown or maybe throttle them or something so not just one giant garbled blob at the center.

Other then that.. I LOVE this addon :)
I fixed that with changing dmg value when addon calls for dmg/heal. I set it to 500, so anything below wont show. Kinda like WSCT option but require editing line 32 in config.lua.

wdesu wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 4:04 pm
Any chance to add combat flag to that addon, it would completely let me remove WSCT from addons.