Recent Topics

Ads

WSCT replacement

Here you can post addons, or anything related to addons.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
wdesu

Re: WSCT replacement

Post#21 » Wed Apr 29, 2020 11:27 pm

uanaka wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 10:30 pm Thanks for this, I was trying out your mod just now and I really like it, but I think i would prefer ability icons as the ability names can make the screen pretty cluttered.

Also, i'm not sure that the "out of LOS, numbers still show up in the middle" is working correctly? It works for my own damage and heal values, but it's not showing up for heals on other people unless they're in LOS.
did you enable that LOS thing in .lua? it's disabled by default. it seems to work fine for me. incoming numbers shouldn't be affected by LOS at all. and since i'm not checking if the numbers are incoming/outcoming, it's likely that if they would break, they'd break simultaneously (because if EA wasn't performing utterly useless LOS check on incoming numbers, I now do). and by "it's not showing up for heals on other people" do you mean that damage shows up okay?
Last edited by wdesu on Wed Apr 29, 2020 11:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ads
uanaka

Post#22 » Wed Apr 29, 2020 11:35 pm

wdesu wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 11:27 pm
uanaka wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 10:30 pm Thanks for this, I was trying out your mod just now and I really like it, but I think i would prefer ability icons as the ability names can make the screen pretty cluttered.

Also, i'm not sure that the "out of LOS, numbers still show up in the middle" is working correctly? It works for my own damage and heal values, but it's not showing up for heals on other people unless they're in LOS.
did you enable that LOS thing in .lua? it's disabled by default. it seems to work fine for me. incoming numbers shouldn't be affected by LOS at all. and since i'm not checking if the numbers are incoming/outcoming, it's likely that if they would break, they'd break simultaneously (because if EA wasn't performing utterly useless LOS check on incoming numbers, I now do).
Are you referring to that code snippet you had? I did not because I thought you had updated yours with it.

Since it appears to be its own function, can I just tack it on to the end and be fine it?

wdesu

Post#23 » Wed Apr 29, 2020 11:42 pm

uanaka wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 11:35 pm Are you referring to that code snippet you had? I did not because I thought you had updated yours with it.

Since it appears to be its own function, can I just tack it on to the end and be fine it?
i mean this line
i'd already added the snippet to my code, i just disabled it by default. although you could argue that i need to work on my setting naming skills

uanaka

Post#24 » Thu Apr 30, 2020 12:06 am

wdesu wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 11:42 pm
uanaka wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 11:35 pm Are you referring to that code snippet you had? I did not because I thought you had updated yours with it.

i mean this line
i'd already added the snippet to my code, i just disabled it by default. although you could argue that i need to work on my setting naming skills
Oh I see now! Thanks so much, I'll toggle that in your new pushed update and test it later.

repel
Game Artist

Post#25 » Thu Apr 30, 2020 7:09 am

wdesu wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 9:36 pm
repel wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 12:42 pm I dont use wsct for a long time cause i changed default EA addon EASystem_EventText. It shows ability icons now and i increased font size a bit.
Link: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1I1Dt5V ... sp=sharing
do you, like, mind if I add skill icons to my addon? the common parts are pretty generic but i saw your solution first and i can't just wipe my memory :)
i dont mind
Apache SH

uanaka

Post#26 » Thu Apr 30, 2020 12:08 pm

uanaka wrote: Thu Apr 30, 2020 12:06 am
wdesu wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 11:42 pm

i mean this line
Oh I see now! Thanks so much, I'll toggle that in your new pushed update and test it later.
Hey there, so I've been testing it for a bit, and for some reason whenever I toggle the

ResetPositionOnLOS = false, -> true

I end up crashing quite often, I wish I could show you some sort of error log (maybe there is somewhere). I tested on both my WP and DOK, and I can't figure out exactly what the provoking action is but I know it's related to that line as I can toggle it back to false and have no problems with it. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Wdova

Post#27 » Thu Apr 30, 2020 1:22 pm

I followed this guide viewtopic.php?t=19867 and enabled WSCT again just with few modifications and it seems that game runs better than before with WSCT enabled.
Pigbutcher - Choppa RR80+
Cyplenkov - Marauder RR80+
Vdova - Witch elf RR80+

Hajzl - Swordmaster RR80+
Roznetka - Engineer RR70+

wdesu

Post#28 » Thu Apr 30, 2020 3:20 pm

uanaka wrote: Thu Apr 30, 2020 12:08 pm
Hey there, so I've been testing it for a bit, and for some reason whenever I toggle the

I end up crashing quite often, I wish I could show you some sort of error log (maybe there is somewhere). I tested on both my WP and DOK, and I can't figure out exactly what the provoking action is but I know it's related to that line as I can toggle it back to false and have no problems with it. Any thoughts would be appreciated.
try the newest version. i added some checks and throttled it. it's now also enabled by default.
my thoughts is that it shouldn't be possible to crash the game using addons (like web pages and browser extensions shouldn't be able to crash your browser) but seems like it is. i should probably read how wsct is doing it.

repel wrote: Thu Apr 30, 2020 7:09 am i dont mind
thank you

Ads
uanaka

Post#29 » Thu Apr 30, 2020 5:32 pm

wdesu wrote: Thu Apr 30, 2020 3:20 pm
uanaka wrote: Thu Apr 30, 2020 12:08 pm

try the newest version. i added some checks and throttled it. it's now also enabled by default.
my thoughts is that it shouldn't be possible to crash the game using addons (like web pages and browser extensions shouldn't be able to crash your browser) but seems like it is. i should probably read how wsct is doing it.

repel wrote: Thu Apr 30, 2020 7:09 am i dont mind
thank you
Thanks so much! Feels much better now, haven't gotten a crash yet

Phantasm

Post#30 » Fri May 01, 2020 2:51 pm

Spoiler:
Secrets wrote: Tue Apr 28, 2020 1:59 pm These LUA events have been a large source of framerate drops. Even the default EA ones suck. I don't think there's a totally easy solution here, but you can try unhooking the default events if you exhaust your options.

Won't look as pretty but it'll give you frames.

Make the changes in wsct.lua:

Code: Select all

-------------------------
--Regsiter WSCT with all events
function WSCT:RegisterSelfEvents()
  UnregisterEventHandler( SystemData.Events.WORLD_OBJ_COMBAT_EVENT, "EA_System_EventText.AddCombatEventText")
  UnregisterEventHandler( SystemData.Events.WORLD_OBJ_XP_GAINED, "EA_System_EventText.AddXpText")
  UnregisterEventHandler( SystemData.Events.WORLD_OBJ_RENOWN_GAINED, "EA_System_EventText.AddRenownText")
  UnregisterEventHandler( SystemData.Events.WORLD_OBJ_INFLUENCE_GAINED, "EA_System_EventText.AddInfluenceText")

-- RegisterEventHandler(SystemData.Events.WORLD_OBJ_COMBAT_EVENT, "WSCT.OnCombatEvent")
  -- RegisterEventHandler(SystemData.Events.PLAYER_COMBAT_FLAG_UPDATED, "WSCT.PLAYER_COMBAT_FLAG_UPDATED")
  -- RegisterEventHandler(SystemData.Events.WORLD_OBJ_XP_GAINED, "WSCT.WORLD_OBJ_XP_GAINED")
  -- RegisterEventHandler(SystemData.Events.WORLD_OBJ_RENOWN_GAINED, "WSCT.WORLD_OBJ_RENOWN_GAINED")
  -- RegisterEventHandler(SystemData.Events.WORLD_OBJ_INFLUENCE_GAINED, "WSCT.WORLD_OBJ_INFLUENCE_GAINED")
  -- RegisterEventHandler(SystemData.Events.PLAYER_CUR_HIT_POINTS_UPDATED, "WSCT.PLAYER_CUR_HIT_POINTS_UPDATED")
  -- RegisterEventHandler(SystemData.Events.PLAYER_MORALE_UPDATED, "WSCT.PLAYER_MORALE_UPDATED")
  -- RegisterEventHandler(SystemData.Events.PLAYER_EFFECTS_UPDATED, "WSCT.PLAYER_EFFECTS_UPDATED")
  -- RegisterEventHandler(SystemData.Events.PLAYER_CUR_ACTION_POINTS_UPDATED, "WSCT.PLAYER_CUR_ACTION_POINTS_UPDATED")
  -- RegisterEventHandler(SystemData.Events.PLAYER_CAREER_RESOURCE_UPDATED, "WSCT.PLAYER_CAREER_RESOURCE_UPDATED")
end

-------------------------
--Unregsiter WSCT with all events
function WSCT:UnregisterSelfEvents()
  -- UnregisterEventHandler(SystemData.Events.WORLD_OBJ_COMBAT_EVENT, "WSCT.OnCombatEvent")
  -- UnregisterEventHandler(SystemData.Events.PLAYER_COMBAT_FLAG_UPDATED, "WSCT.PLAYER_COMBAT_FLAG_UPDATED")
  -- UnregisterEventHandler(SystemData.Events.WORLD_OBJ_XP_GAINED, "WSCT.WORLD_OBJ_XP_GAINED")
  -- UnregisterEventHandler(SystemData.Events.WORLD_OBJ_RENOWN_GAINED, "WSCT.WORLD_OBJ_RENOWN_GAINED")
  -- UnregisterEventHandler(SystemData.Events.WORLD_OBJ_INFLUENCE_GAINED, "WSCT.WORLD_OBJ_INFLUENCE_GAINED")
  -- UnregisterEventHandler(SystemData.Events.PLAYER_CUR_HIT_POINTS_UPDATED, "WSCT.PLAYER_CUR_HIT_POINTS_UPDATED")
  -- UnregisterEventHandler(SystemData.Events.PLAYER_MORALE_UPDATED, "WSCT.PLAYER_MORALE_UPDATED")
  -- UnregisterEventHandler(SystemData.Events.PLAYER_EFFECTS_UPDATED, "WSCT.PLAYER_EFFECTS_UPDATED")
  -- UnregisterEventHandler(SystemData.Events.PLAYER_CUR_ACTION_POINTS_UPDATED, "WSCT.PLAYER_CUR_ACTION_POINTS_UPDATED")
  -- UnregisterEventHandler(SystemData.Events.PLAYER_CAREER_RESOURCE_UPDATED, "WSCT.PLAYER_CAREER_RESOURCE_UPDATED")

RegisterEventHandler( SystemData.Events.WORLD_OBJ_COMBAT_EVENT, "EA_System_EventText.AddCombatEventText")
  RegisterEventHandler( SystemData.Events.WORLD_OBJ_XP_GAINED, "EA_System_EventText.AddXpText")
  RegisterEventHandler( SystemData.Events.WORLD_OBJ_RENOWN_GAINED, "EA_System_EventText.AddRenownText")
  RegisterEventHandler( SystemData.Events.WORLD_OBJ_INFLUENCE_GAINED, "EA_System_EventText.AddInfluenceText")
end
I understand you want me to change wsct.lua code to the second part of your window?