Recent Topics

Ads

New player looking for addon advice

Here you can post addons, or anything related to addons.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Hexebus

New player looking for addon advice

Post#1 » Sun Dec 29, 2019 4:24 am

Hi, im brand new to the game and am looking for what addons and UI setup is needed to play the game the best. I'm currently making a warrior priest. Not sure if there is anything I need specific for that class. Anything easy for me to start up would be awesome! Thank you!

Ads
andy

Re: New player looking for addon advice

Post#2 » Fri Jan 03, 2020 3:27 pm

I would say that Buffhead, Enemy and TargetRing is my top three.
Last edited by andy on Fri Jan 03, 2020 8:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Alucard2010

Post#3 » Fri Jan 03, 2020 3:48 pm

Honestly, I would just install the Viny UI package - it has default packages for DPS/Healers/Tanks. It comes with pretty much everything except a few addons (miraclegrow).

https://www.returnofreckoning.com/forum ... it=viny+ui

Ototo

Post#4 » Fri Jan 03, 2020 4:26 pm

Some are better than others, but in general there are a few with better quality or that are more prominent:
*Gameplay and General: Buffhead, Nerfed Buttons (this is up to you, it's hard to setup and it will make the game exceedingly easy to the point of boring), Closet Goblin, Swift, Warbuilder
*UI: Enemy, Vinyl, MoraleCircle, Amethyst (integrated in Vinyl), Pure, zmail
*Crafting: MiracleGrow
*RvR: State of the Realm (usually abbreviated SoR)
*Scenarios: Queuer
*PvE: Aggrometter (useful also in RvR to track keep lords, so you know who to heal, or to slow your DPS or healing down a bit)

Enemy and Vinyl come with way too much things in them, and are definitely hard to setup to your likeness unless that you accept their default full UI overhauls. I would tag SoR, Enemy and Buffhead as the very minimum basic package
Spoiler:

toffikx

Post#5 » Fri Jan 03, 2020 4:38 pm

https://wiki.returnofreckoning.com/index.php/Addons

This is a link to RoR wiki regarding addons you should use. The way i see it ; Buffhead, Enemy and SwiftAssist are must have (The need for SwiftAssist depend on what archetype you play (heal/dps/tank) and what gameplay option you choose (warband/group play). You should get used to it regardless).

For a warrior priest you'd probably want Enemy showing your healing over time abilties near the Enemy unit frames. Things like "Guard" and "Prayers" to be shown as permament in your Buffhead. I guess those are the most crucial things, but there are a lot of different buffs/debuffs and abilities you might want to keep track of/have Enemy showing. Those are things other people can help you with on the official RoR discord, there are also guides to show you how to configurate things, like this one:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fp6HdV-V2TY&t=40s

I can't find the discord link anywhere here, and i cant invite people to that particular discord either...maybe someone else can help ?

anarchypark

Post#6 » Sat Jan 04, 2020 5:57 am

it's my case.
enemy - wb/grp window and target marker. disable rest
buffhead - visible icons. KD/KB immue, heal debuff, m1 parry, m4 dmg reduction, bw/sorc starter, wh/we magic immune etc.
GES - guard icon
thinkoutloud - annauncing skills
moralecircle - morale % and annaunce
swift assist - assist set and use
state of realm - orvr info
queue queuer - easy grp que, blacklist, auto extend timer
anywheretrainer - can see mastery trees from anywhere.
pure - enemy hp %. pet hp bar. disable rest
aggrometer - to see aggro
miracle grow remix - cultivating
thanktheresser - ty for rez
Ototo wrote: Fri Jan 03, 2020 4:26 pm Nerfed Buttons (this is up to you, it's hard to setup and it will make the game exceedingly easy to the point of boring)

maybe is it why some ppl focus on other things than actually playing game?
devs improved so many things. instance, patcher, pathing, city and realm lock. now only this one remain to fix.
NB block. hope the day comes soon.
SM8, SW8, AM8, WL7, KoBS5, BW5, WP8, WH7, IB7, Eng5, RP5, SL6
BG8, Sorc8, DoK8, WE7, Chs8, Mg8, Ze7, Mara8, BO6, SH7, Shm5, Chop4
SC summary - viewtopic.php?f=8&t=20415
( last update : 2020.06.09)

Sciberr

Post#7 » Sat Jan 04, 2020 10:30 am

nerfedbuttons is great I can help u out if u struggle using it just send me pm

Ototo

Post#8 » Sat Jan 04, 2020 11:33 am

Sciberr wrote: Sat Jan 04, 2020 10:30 am nerfedbuttons is great I can help u out if u struggle using it just send me pm
What it's, is controversial. It auto the game way too much, and if you know how to setup it you are king, but a bored king. That been said, it has its uses, allowing PvE very fast runs. I can't thank enough that last part, but is kind of very boring in RvR, honestly.
Spoiler:

Ads
PartizanRUS

Post#9 » Mon Jan 20, 2020 11:32 am

Spoiler:
"Nerfed Buttons" - this dogshit hack is still working, seriously ? It's for retards who can't play fair and square.
This is your last post about Nerfed Buttons before you regain your banned status.
Burn heretics and mutants, purge the unclean. ingame - Partizan . Hammer of Sigmar guild [RUS]
Image https://i.imgur.com/Un7WASp.jpg Image Image

Ototo

Post#10 » Mon Jan 20, 2020 12:42 pm

PartizanRUS wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 11:32 am "Nerfed Buttons" - this dogshit hack is still working, seriously ? It's for retards who can't play fair and square.
It was created for people that couldn't use properly their hands/fingers. It was later exploited by hardcore gankers, and finally tuned down a lot by it's very own creator only 2 weeks b4 releasing. On its release state it was both a macro and chainer, and you could, iirc, just press your movements buttons and use them to attack in your chain. If you could only move 1 finger, you could play the game with your friends. I actually knew a guy that could only move 3 fingers and both thumbs in total, and that played thanks to the addon, and a couple more that only had one arm.

So while, yes, your opinion is relevant cause the addon was massively used to exploit the hell out of the macro functionality, no, the addon was not bad per se, and was actually done with good feelings in mind. The reason why it should not be banned, btw. In its current state, for a person that can move normally all fingers, it just makes the game boring and it's just a conditional chainer, unless that you are overly competitive in which case you will search the hell out of the lesser advantage possible and exploit it.
Spoiler: