Recent Topics

Ads

[ADDON] UnrealDBAnnouncer

Here you can post addons, or anything related to addons.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
ztil

[ADDON] UnrealDBAnnouncer

Post#1 » Thu Aug 08, 2019 11:20 am

UnrealDBAnnouncer

Current version: 1.0
Download link: HERE

Description
Would you like to hear your killing blows announced with the voice from Unreal Tournament? Well now you can 8-)

This addon will play a sound from Unreal Tournament every time you land a Killing Blow on another player. You may remember similar addons from other games or maybe you remember Unreal Tournament itself (from 99, 2003 and 2004). There is no easy way to play custom sound effects using Warhammers built in LUA support, but I got some inspiration and help from Caffeines excellent Scenario Alerter addon that plays a sound in Windows every time a Scenario pops and I got some great help from Sullemunks awesome DeathBlow app to find out how to track death blows.

So what actually happens is that UnrealDBAnnouncer records each killing blow to a log file. This file is in turn read by a Windows script (AutoIT) here compiled to a .exe file so it's easy for you to run it without installing autoit. Everytime a killing blow, double kill or multi kill happens some announcment will be played. For example "DOMINATING!" or "MONSTERKILL!".

Logic goes like this:
  • 1st kill - "First Blood"
  • 2nd kill and following kills with more than 5 seconds apart - Random single target kill message. For example "DOMINATING!"
  • Double Kill - 2 kills less than 5 seconds apart
  • Multi Kill - Another kill after a double kill in under 5 seconds plays a random multi kill message. For example "MULTIKILL!"

Why?

Because who wouldn't want "HEADSHOT! DENIED! MO MO MO MONSTER KILL!" ringing in your ears as you slaughter your opponents on the battle field. :mrgreen:

Installation

Just follow this easy step by step guide to install it:
1. Download the zip file from HERE, extract the addon folder and put it in your Addons folder just like you install any addon.
2. Start the game and make sure the addon is enabled
3. Run the windows application UnrealDBAnnouncer.exe (it has as squig icon and is in the addon folder, don't move it) and make sure you see it running in your System Tray.

You could also start the .exe file first and then launch the game. Either way should work.

Feedback or Questions

Just simply reply to this thread or send me an in-game tell on Ztil or Zlurp. I would love to get some feedback on the time restriction for double kill and multi kill. Should it be shorter or longer?
Last edited by ztil on Thu Aug 08, 2019 11:38 am, edited 3 times in total.
[P&P] Ztil - Squig Herder
[P&P] Zlurp - Shaman

[P&P] Zinista - Shadow Warrior

Ads
MaxHayman
Management

Re: [ADDON] UnrealDBAnnouncer

Post#2 » Thu Aug 08, 2019 11:22 am

Hah this sounds fun. Would love to see this on some streams!
Max Hayman

ztil

Post#3 » Thu Aug 08, 2019 11:31 am

I would also love to see someone who is better at racking up multiple killing blows after eachother to post a video of it with this addon running. :)
[P&P] Zlurp - Shaman

Akalukz

Post#4 » Thu Aug 08, 2019 12:22 pm

is it reset on death or after so long between kills? I am going to try it out this weekend.
-= Agony =-

oaliaen

Post#5 » Thu Aug 08, 2019 12:39 pm

download all files from foldeR? Do i need to open that .exe file? im scary

Dont know but it hink im gonna pass man...sry

ztil

Post#6 » Thu Aug 08, 2019 12:57 pm

Akalukz wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 12:22 pm is it reset on death or after so long between kills? I am going to try it out this weekend.
It resets the log file on log out or quit.

Killing spree is reset if more than 4 seconds since last kill :)
[P&P] Zlurp - Shaman

ztil

Post#7 » Thu Aug 08, 2019 12:59 pm

oaliaen wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 12:39 pm download all files from foldeR? Do i need to open that .exe file? im scary

Dont know but it hink im gonna pass man...sry
I understand your worry. The source code is in the file called UnrealDBAnnouncer.au3 if you install Autoit on your computer and run this file from the script editor you get the same result. It also works the same as the Scenario Alerter addon. :)
[P&P] Zlurp - Shaman

Twohandernoob

Post#8 » Thu Aug 08, 2019 2:03 pm

Genius!

I'm so trying this

Ads
wonshot

Post#9 » Thu Aug 08, 2019 2:36 pm

Just installed it, and tested it on a killing blow in praag "Fiiiirst blood!" couldnt stop laughing.

If multi kills will not spass out the announcer ill deffo run this on my streams for the luls. I was a little afraid how the sound volume would be, but seems to be perfect.

Good job!
Bombling 92BW - Bombthebuilder 82Engi - Bombing 82SL - Bling 81Kobs - Orderling 80WP - Jackinabox 67WH
Gombling 85mSH- Chopling 83Chop - Notbombling 82Sorc - Powerhouse 81Zeal - Goldbag 80Mara - Smurfling 75Sham -Blobling 66BO

ztil

Post#10 » Thu Aug 08, 2019 2:47 pm

wonshot wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 2:36 pm Just installed it, and tested it on a killing blow in praag "Fiiiirst blood!" couldnt stop laughing.

If multi kills will not spass out the announcer ill deffo run this on my streams for the luls. I was a little afraid how the sound volume would be, but seems to be perfect.

Good job!
Thanks Bombling. I tested running it and recording all killing blows in the zone (all destro and all order deaths happening in Praag last night for maybe 10 minutes or so, not just my own) and the announcer handled it pretty well since it wont update more often than 0.5 seconds and will play whichever kill happened last. So sometimes if there are several killing blows at the same time it just interrupts the previous after 0.5 and plays the next so if anything it just added to the effectfullness of the killing spree. :) I doubt anyone will be able to rack up 50+ personal kills in a few minutes though, but it was fun to listen to.

Volume is set to 15 by default but you should be able to adjust it in the volume control to find a lvl that works best for you.
[P&P] Zlurp - Shaman