Recent Topics

Ads

[Magus] Suggested addons

Here you can post addons, or anything related to addons.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Doom123

[Magus] Suggested addons

Post#1 » Tue May 07, 2019 4:50 pm

Hello folks,

Can you guys suggest me some good addons to install (links would be welcome). I am currently playing a Magus in RvR and I am having a hell of a time targeting any enemy ingame, especially nasty once they start blobbing up, or if tons of allies attack one person, cant even press on them properly.

Any addons that could help with this would be awesome, as well as any other addons you guys think a new players (who plays a Magus) should have.

Thanks in advance!

Ads
Goryak

Re: [Magus] Suggested addons

Post#2 » Tue May 07, 2019 4:55 pm

Doom123 wrote: Tue May 07, 2019 4:50 pm Hello folks.

Easier to keep track of your range to pet and them yummy buffs. A must I would say:

viewtopic.php?f=66&t=20807&hilit=turretrange
NUMBER 1 SHR :shock: O :shock: O :shock: O :shock: O :shock:O :shock: O :shock: MIES CONSUMER!!!
RESPONSIBLY

Doom123

Post#3 » Tue May 07, 2019 5:08 pm

Goryak wrote: Tue May 07, 2019 4:55 pm

Easier to keep track of your range to pet and them yummy buffs. A must I would say:

Thanks, will check it out as well.

Also on the topic of addons, someone also mentioned that there is a mod that allows you to see the warband leader more clearly, currently I have no idea where he is without pressing on him in the party, and even then the select isnt that clear either

Sesquap

Post#4 » Tue May 07, 2019 5:46 pm

Doom123 wrote: Tue May 07, 2019 5:08 pm

Also on the topic of addons, someone also mentioned that there is a mod that allows you to see the warband leader more clearly, currently I have no idea where he is without pressing on him in the party, and even then the select isnt that clear either
I don't intend to be rude, but most of the things mentioned can be found by utilizing the forum search function or by skimming through relevant forum sections.
Obviously, you have to know the names of things to search them, don't get me wrong, but past that it's just another three clicks that gets you the resources you seek - saves the time waiting for responses, too.

As to your questions regarding the marking of leaders:
Enemy comes with a mark-feature that allows you to create custom marks - they can be stored permanently, too, so you can mark regular warband leaders, friends and foes.
Alternatively, there are two addons in particular for large scale play (in pug environments, anywhere else you'll want to be in voice coms anyways), 'PaintLeader-smth' (marks leaders) and 'Megaphone' (broadcasts whatever your leader types inthe middle of your screen), you'll find them easily if skim through Sullemunk's (=RoR's inhouse addon magician) threads.

Edit:
I noticed that the PaintLeader-smth got purged... so have these instead:

Megaphone
MoraleCircle
Enemy(Custom)
ZonePop
TurretRange
ClosetGoblin
CCtv - Alternative: DuffTimer/Aura
AggroMeter
SoR

Pick and choose from VinyUI, as all addons in that pack are being curated - you'll find SwiftAssist and other QoL addons (e.g.: NervAlert, ...) in there, too.
VinyUI(Compilation)
For custom setups refer to the thread below or use NerfedButtons to find ability IDs.
Buffhead(Ability IDs)

Doom123

Post#5 » Tue May 07, 2019 6:57 pm

Sesquap wrote: Tue May 07, 2019 5:46 pm
Doom123 wrote: Tue May 07, 2019 5:08 pm

I don't intend to be rude, but most of the things mentioned can be found by utilizing the forum search function or by skimming through relevant forum sections.
Obviously, you have to know the names of things to search them, don't get me wrong, but past that it's just another three clicks that gets you the resources you seek - saves the time waiting for responses, too.

As to your questions regarding the marking of leaders:
Enemy comes with a mark-feature that allows you to create custom marks - they can be stored permanently, too, so you can mark regular warband leaders, friends and foes.
Alternatively, there are two addons in particular for large scale play (in pug environments, anywhere else you'll want to be in voice coms anyways), 'PaintLeader-smth' (marks leaders) and 'Megaphone' (broadcasts whatever your leader types inthe middle of your screen), you'll find them easily if skim through Sullemunk's (=RoR's inhouse addon magician) threads.

Edit:
I noticed that the PaintLeader-smth got purged... so have these instead:

Megaphone
MoraleCircle
Enemy(Custom)
ZonePop
TurretRange
ClosetGoblin
CCtv - Alternative: DuffTimer/Aura
AggroMeter
SoR

Pick and choose from VinyUI, as all addons in that pack are being curated - you'll find SwiftAssist and other QoL addons (e.g.: NervAlert, ...) in there, too.
VinyUI(Compilation)
For custom setups refer to the thread below or use NerfedButtons to find ability IDs.
Buffhead(Ability IDs)
Major thanks for the effort man, I will certainly be adding some of these. Awesome to see such a welcoming and helpful community.

RuralBee

Post#6 » Sat Mar 21, 2020 4:58 pm

Very useful! thanks