Recent Topics

Ads

Core interface modules bugfixes + few fixed add-ons

Here you can post addons, or anything related to addons.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
OldSerpenT
Game Artist

Re: Core interface modules bugfixes + few fixed add-ons

Post#51 » Fri Feb 15, 2019 7:15 am

So... Maybe I'm doing it wrong, but my MGRemix for some reason doesn't make my game stutter. Was roaming for about an hour, growing mushrooms, got no signs of mentioned issue.
Try to clean up common libraries like LibSlash, LibGroup, IraConfig and put it out as a separate add-on so you would have only one common instance of them that all other add-ons will use.

Tweaked CraftValueTip star button.

Uploading MGRemix that I use.
First post updated.
Image Image

Ads
Ashoris

Post#52 » Sun Feb 17, 2019 8:52 pm

OldSerpenT wrote: Mon Feb 11, 2019 11:31 pm
Ashoris wrote: Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:00 pm i would love to have the called targets marked as well :p any possibility to add a mark to the target ?
like add it to the new created assist macro ?
that would probably remove it when hitting more than once but better than nothing !
Enemy has marks for called target. But you can't target by clicking on that mark.
At some point on live targeting through chat was removed. Means /target <CharacterName> doesn't work anymore. I'm not exactly sure why it was done. Possibly, in order to get rid of auto-targeting zombo-assist playstyle (which actually was possible with Enemy).
Spoiler:
I know that. All i was suggesting is that while you use the workaround to "rewrite" the assist macro it would be perfect to add a "setmark" in addition to the same button (so the target is marked)
Warhammer Return of Reckoning
Verey / Ashoris / Devoras

WaR -dead-
Erengrad - Order - Frostbringer - Devoras

OldSerpenT
Game Artist

Post#53 » Mon Feb 18, 2019 10:20 am

Ashoris wrote: Sun Feb 17, 2019 8:52 pm I know that. All i was suggesting is that while you use the workaround to "rewrite" the assist macro it would be perfect to add a "setmark" in addition to the same button (so the target is marked)
It's not exactly workaround. It's simply /assist <PlayerName> instead of /target <EnemyName>

If you want to put a mark just for yourself, there is a button (Enemy Marks) that you can click when enemy targeted and put mark on him. If you want to put that mark for everyone, you just call enemy as a target. Or am I missing some key idea?
Image Image

uanaka

Post#54 » Mon Feb 18, 2019 9:50 pm

OldSerpenT wrote: Mon Feb 18, 2019 10:20 am
Ashoris wrote: Sun Feb 17, 2019 8:52 pm I know that. All i was suggesting is that while you use the workaround to "rewrite" the assist macro it would be perfect to add a "setmark" in addition to the same button (so the target is marked)
It's not exactly workaround. It's simply /assist <PlayerName> instead of /target <EnemyName>

If you want to put a mark just for yourself, there is a button (Enemy Marks) that you can click when enemy targeted and put mark on him. If you want to put that mark for everyone, you just call enemy as a target. Or am I missing some key idea?
Hey there! Maybe you can help me out because I've been having some issues with Buffhead that I think your changes should have addressed.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/ ... nknown.png

so i'm changing the size settings in the indicator layout. and it works for a while, but it seems whenever i fly to another zone or go into a scenario, that the sizes just reset. the other thing is that it's not like it's completely resetting to default, only the visible size of the logo decreases, the spacing remains like it's the bigger size it was set at.

also it seems that despite adding some abilities to the "always show" list in buffhead, it won't always show on members in my own group/party, but they show up on warband members in different groups from me.

I downloaded your Buffhead folder, and I put the LibGroup folder as a subfolder of Libraries in Buffhead (Just copied what it looked like in the original Buffhead folder)

OldSerpenT
Game Artist

Post#55 » Tue Feb 19, 2019 7:46 am

uanaka wrote: Mon Feb 18, 2019 9:50 pm Hey there! Maybe you can help me out because I've been having some issues with Buffhead that I think your changes should have addressed.

so i'm changing the size settings in the indicator layout. and it works for a while, but it seems whenever i fly to another zone or go into a scenario, that the sizes just reset. the other thing is that it's not like it's completely resetting to default, only the visible size of the logo decreases, the spacing remains like it's the bigger size it was set at.
Checked this one. I don't have an issue. Seems like something is conflicting in your interface.
Also try using indicator scale:
Spoiler:
also it seems that despite adding some abilities to the "always show" list in buffhead, it won't always show on members in my own group/party, but they show up on warband members in different groups from me.
I'm not sure how to fix this. Lately I run around with full Christmas tree on and looking for issues. Seems like there is a limited amount of trackers that are created at the same time. Work in progress.

I downloaded your Buffhead folder, and I put the LibGroup folder as a subfolder of Libraries in Buffhead (Just copied what it looked like in the original Buffhead folder)
Seems like you did it opposite: LibGroup, LibSlash, LibIra, etc - these are common libraries. They must be one instance for all other add-ons to access. Don't put them into other add-ons folders.

Interface that I was fixing for Fenris.
Not completely bugless, but working much softer and stable than it was before.
My measure of "stable" at this point is "consistently allows you to /rel without crit"
Image Image

Ashoris

Post#56 » Tue Feb 19, 2019 8:33 am

OldSerpenT wrote: Mon Feb 18, 2019 10:20 am

sorry, english is not my native language - looks like i am not explaining enough to work around my language limitations :)

I know how the workaround for the "calling" function is implemented (instead of using the non existing target.playername you are just rewriting the assist macro for all other Persons in the same intercomchannel).

normally a called target should be marked for everyone automatically (does not work as far as i know).
possible workaround would be to not only rewrite the "get target" (assist) macro to /assist <Playername> but to add a 2nd function to the macro that marks the target.

So with hitting the "get target" macro you would not only assist the player but also mark it.

WaR -dead-

Fenris78

Post#57 » Tue Feb 19, 2019 10:28 am

Ashoris wrote: Tue Feb 19, 2019 8:33 am So with hitting the "get target" macro you would not only assist the player but also mark it.
Currently my Enemy addon (2.8.0 afaik) is doing the exact thing you want ; calling a target with the "mark" enemy macro is calling an assist on your target, on screen and in chat, and put a big white "kill" mark over target's head, wich is now visible for all party/wb members.
The only condition is to run in the same intercom channel (party or wb) to see your teammates marks, and vice-versa.

Chek your intercom ; if your enemy "mark" macro is working, you'll display the white mark, and the name of target onscreen with animated icon for a short time.
If not happening, either your enemy assist is not properly configured, or you and/or mates are not in the same intercom. ;)

Ashoris

Post#58 » Tue Feb 19, 2019 10:40 am

Fenris78 wrote: Tue Feb 19, 2019 10:28 am
Ashoris wrote: Tue Feb 19, 2019 8:33 am So with hitting the "get target" macro you would not only assist the player but also mark it.
Currently my Enemy addon (2.8.0 afaik) is doing the exact thing you want ; calling a target with the "mark" enemy macro is calling an assist on your target, on screen and in chat, and put a big white "kill" mark over target's head, wich is now visible for all party/wb members.
The only condition is to run in the same intercom channel (party or wb) to see your teammates marks, and vice-versa.

Chek your intercom ; if your enemy "mark" macro is working, you'll display the white mark, and the name of target onscreen with animated icon for a short time.
If not happening, either your enemy assist is not properly configured, or you and/or mates are not in the same intercom. ;)
My "enemy mark" is workin, calling the target in chat, rewriting the assist macros of others, making the selected sound and displaying the calling in his "window" but it does not "mark" the target for me or others with the white kill mark.
but i use the "outdated" enemy 2.78 listed in the beginning of the thread.

Dou you use a 2.8 Enemy and just replaced some folders for intercom channel creation ?

@fenris78 plz check your PNs :P - your name and year is checking some boxes for me :p

WaR -dead-

Ads
uanaka

Post#59 » Tue Feb 19, 2019 4:40 pm

OldSerpenT wrote: Tue Feb 19, 2019 7:46 am
uanaka wrote: Mon Feb 18, 2019 9:50 pm Hey there! Maybe you can help me out because I've been having some issues with Buffhead that I think your changes should have addressed.

Checked this one. I don't have an issue. Seems like something is conflicting in your interface.
Also try using indicator scale:
Spoiler:
I'm not sure how to fix this. Lately I run around with full Christmas tree on and looking for issues. Seems like there is a limited amount of trackers that are created at the same time. Work in progress.

Seems like you did it opposite: LibGroup, LibSlash, LibIra, etc - these are common libraries. They must be one instance for all other add-ons to access. Don't put them into other add-ons folders.

Interface that I was fixing for Fenris.
Not completely bugless, but working much softer and stable than it was before.
My measure of "stable" at this point is "consistently allows you to /rel without crit"
Thank you so much! Indicator scale was what worked. Curious how trying to customize the size and dimensions myself was essentially conflicting with that.

I'll keep on messing around with the settings to see why buffs/heals (even though I added them myself) don't always show up on my own group mates.

Secrets
Former Staff

Post#60 » Tue Feb 19, 2019 5:46 pm

@OldSerpenT:

We are adding these fixes to the client's myp files with the patch on Friday. Thank you very much for your community contributions. It's an honor to have such great people like you in the community that care. :D