Recent Topics

Ads

Nerfed buttons problem

Here you can post addons, or anything related to addons.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Tesq

Re: Nerfed buttons problem

Post#41 » Fri Jul 27, 2018 2:18 pm

Aurandilaz wrote: Fri Jul 27, 2018 1:58 pm If NB did not give you an advantage, you would not go to all these lengths to defending, justifying and setting it up... It minimizes the risk of human error, allows for better optimized casting sequences and by "taking reins" allows the player to better focus on other events that require attention.
And because you know all of this, many spend hours building their NBstrings because it gives them an advantage over other players who have to do it all manually without an addon playing the game and doing decisions for them.
I defend NB because above 20 buttons is too much....

There are class which have these issues fot the way you play em and NB solve these .problems with his base function with no condition or few conditions for yourself buffing only. Such as stack 1 , and CD " n" seconds.

So that you can keep.up.those self buff for exemple on ib with out goimg crazy.

And without have to buy a dedicated mouse very costly for that....
Last edited by Tesq on Fri Jul 27, 2018 2:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ads
mogt

Post#42 » Fri Jul 27, 2018 2:18 pm

NB can be use for cheating, and i hope the devs can be disabled this, they wrote it in a few thread in the past, if they can disable this, they do it. and then i will see, how loud is the cry from all NB Users

Aurandilaz

Post#43 » Fri Jul 27, 2018 2:30 pm

Tesq wrote: Fri Jul 27, 2018 2:18 pm
I defend NB because above 20 buttons is too much....

There are class which have these issues fot the way you play em and NB solve these .problems with his base function with no condition or few conditions for yourself buffing only. Such as stack 1 , and CD " n" seconds.

So that you can keep.up.those self buff for exemple on ib with out goimg crazy.

And without have to buy a dedicated mouse very costly for that....
you should be able to reach 25-40 buttons with ease (ctrl + alt + shift combos, plus the dozen or so keys around WASD area) assuming your hand has at least 2 fingers and is not amputated - you can keep all those buffs up manually without requiring the game to run an addon so you can play on autopilot...

and is there any way to not have to see your flashing signature, i dont want to get eye cancer

Tesq

Post#44 » Fri Jul 27, 2018 2:38 pm

no autopilot needed , that would make the.imput for.you still have to choose what press and when if you are not then you will be mediocre anyway. What NB is use and should be.use for.is saving space for.action that need.costant re applicazioni cation such self buffing and for save buttons space. Same exemple 2 x healong.pot...why use 2 buttons....mesh em in 1 nb will swap the.one with cd behind the other one with the usable.one....

Because as said some classes use 10.skills, someother 20 , Other even more if you add pots etc...

Nb be cheat is just biased like armor pot being unfair.

Telperien

Post#45 » Fri Jul 27, 2018 2:49 pm

Darosh wrote: Fri Jul 27, 2018 2:13 pm
Spoiler:
Telperien wrote: Fri Jul 27, 2018 1:53 pm Darosh, non-user still got advantage, he can press buttons every 1.2s but NB-user is bound to 1.5s ticks. How do you think, better timing win fight or better skill/buff/debuff applying?
A missclick costs you more than 0.3s, chances are your target isn't in range during these 0.3s or the hamsters are revolting again - unless you can maintain >=95% uptime on a target you won't notice 0.3s difference, and if you can maintain that uptime you'll be in a position in which 0.3s strictly don't matter.
Moreso, NB doesn't enforce 1.5s outside of its string, does it? Use stock hotkeys for time sensitive stuff (e.g.: mdps rotation, 1-5 skills) and use NB for failsafes on things you can't/won't (mindlessly) spam anyways.
you understand that GCD is forced on your own skills not opponent? Me and my opponent have got paralel lines of used skills chopped by GCDs, me - non-NB user I can use skill every 1.2s and opponent is forced by NB to use skill every 1.5s. While I can perform full cycle of rotation to kill him, he still struggles with 1.5s between hes skills. Sorc rotation: CW, WoP, VoT, AB and HoR will take me 5.6-6s to cast it and NB-user will spend 6.5-7s. Position has nothing to do with it, lag and delays hit everyone. But whole point is non-user "learn his fingers" to press something more frequent than NB-user. He thinks faster, see things before NB-user.
Slacking (checking out EvE)

lefze
Suspended

Post#46 » Fri Jul 27, 2018 4:29 pm

Aurandilaz wrote: Fri Jul 27, 2018 1:58 pm If NB did not give you an advantage, you would not go to all these lengths to defending, justifying and setting it up... It minimizes the risk of human error, allows for better optimized casting sequences and by "taking reins" allows the player to better focus on other events that require attention.
And because you know all of this, many spend hours building their NBstrings because it gives them an advantage over other players who have to do it all manually without an addon playing the game and doing decisions for them.
In reality it leads to as much errors as it prevents, unless you actively prevent it from "taking the reins". It functions well when every aspect of a fight goes your way, but a lot of variables makes it 100% necessary to never rely on it. Few classes have 100% set in stone rotations that can be applied with no consideration to burst or timing. It's a really nice addon for slacking, and that's about it. And no, it doesn't take hours to make strings, it's more like 3-5 minutes for a whole setup unless you have literally never touched the class before.
Rip Phalanx

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#47 » Fri Jul 27, 2018 5:13 pm

Nice thread. Beating this dead horse again. Poor thing.

I'm pretty sure a vast majority of people posting here have already made their opinions known in at least a dozen other nb threads.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog