Recent Topics

Ads

Swift Assist Guide + Enemy integration

Here you can post addons, or anything related to addons.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Telperien

Swift Assist Guide + Enemy integration

Post#1 » Sat May 12, 2018 3:28 pm

Some may realise Swift Assist is a powerful addon, but most people that I`ve noticed have no clue that addon exist, dont know how to use it or even dont see a point and dont even bother to understand meaning of /assist command.

1. What is /assist

Its simple ingame command to show your current Friendly`s Target target (u see what someone else is attacking).
The role of that is focus two or more people dps on same target to kill it quickly and move on to the next. I think I dont have to explain why its better to attack same target with few friends instead of attacking different targets separetely.

2. Advantage Swift Assist over simple /assist macro.

Besically to use /assist you need to click someone, press that macro and if need change assist click someone else.
What Swift Assist change is that you can also mouseover anyone in Warband/Party UI frame or even mouseover someone around you and its name shows on your screen. Optionally you can pronounce who you assist via /party /scenario or /warband channel.

3. Downloading and installation

Download:
https://tools.idrinth.de/addons/swiftassist/
and paste zip file into

Code: Select all

XXX\Warhammer Online - Age of Reckoning\Interface\AddOns\
Open RoR client and ingame press escape and pick Customize Interface, tab Interface, click Mods/Addons,
find Swift Assist on a list of addons and tick it and close window.

Now again press escape, press macros:

Addon created 3 macros, ignore totally 1st icon from left,
2nd icon - hold click and drag on a skill bar and use it whenever you want to choose someone to assist.
Pick someone you want to assist, whatever its someone next to you, someone in a party or warband (you can even just mouseover that person - you dont need to see him)
This will show up:

You can move that element around your screen by opening esc/Castomize Interface/Interface and click edit layout.
3rd icon - also hold click and drag on skill bar in a very convinient place because you gonna spam it. Use it to see Enemy Target of person you choose with 2nd icon to assist. Sometimes you need to spam it to see how quickly assisted person switch targets. You will see current assisted person target only if you click 3rd icon, so do it very often:) Remember, his target will show as yours only if that target is within your range.

4. Pronouncing assisted person in channel.

You can use

/swiftassist announcesetassist warband
(it will use party channel if you are not in warband)

/swiftassist announcesetassist scenario
to pronounce who you assist in channel chat.
Also you can choose what channel chat is saying by editing SwiftAssist.lua.
You can find that file in/Warhammer online/Interface/Addons/Swift-Assist/
Find line:

if serverCmd then SendChatText(L"<icon193> "..Addon.target,serverCmd) end
and type what you want to see in channel replacing XXX.

if serverCmd then SendChatText(L"<icon193> XXX"..Addon.target,serverCmd) end
Its not nessesary, but more handy instead of pronouncing only Swift Assist icon and someones name:)

5. Swift Assist + Enemy Mark

Even if u see name of person you assist sometimes its hard to find him around you.
We can fix that combining both macros into one.

2nd icon uses

/script SwiftAssist.SetAssist()
Enemy Marks
use

/script Enemy.MarksToggle(X)
where X is a number of mark you want to use. Lets use 1st one.

We need to create new macro, use esc/macro and pick icon, name it and paste into macro text window:

/script SwiftAssist.SetAssist();
Enemy.MarksToggle(1)

Now, replace Swift Assist 2nd icon on your skill bar with just created macro,
edit Enemy Mark right clicking it/edit and make sure option "unique" is ticked, rest is up to you.
Everytime you pick someone to assist coloured arrow will show above its head.

I hope it will help a bit.
Good luck and happy hunting:)
Edit: Remember to restart game or use /rel command after all setup to save that you did, if u crash settings wont save and you have to start over again.
Slacking (checking out EvE)

Ads
Glorian

Re: Swift Assist Guide + Enemy integration

Post#2 » Sat May 12, 2018 6:20 pm

Thanks a lot. Combining both is a great boon.

GrimgorkEisenpelz

Post#3 » Wed Oct 17, 2018 5:25 pm

Thanks a ton, been trying to avoid enemy intercoms and still having a lable. Perfect solution right here.

Edit: Doesn't actually do what I needed foremost, which is mark the actual target. Marking the assisted is a nice-to-have as well, though.
Last edited by GrimgorkEisenpelz on Wed Oct 17, 2018 6:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
--- Sollomir, RP --- Pulledborc, BW --- Lottomir, IB --- Twegg, ENG
--- Qaffir, SL --- Icke, KotBS --- Qivu, SM --- Qaffur, WP

Luuca

Post#4 » Wed Oct 17, 2018 5:55 pm

Gawd I do love an excellent write-up. Well done.

50 points for Gryffindor.

KoffenStoffen

Post#5 » Fri May 22, 2020 1:08 pm

I am in need of some help on a macro.
How do I set up so the person im using swift assist on's target get an enemy arrow above him?

avalus

Post#6 » Fri May 22, 2020 1:21 pm

KoffenStoffen wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 1:08 pm I am in need of some help on a macro.
How do I set up so the person im using swift assist on's target get an enemy arrow above him?

If i'm not mistaken, you can achieve this with Enemy's Assist via Intercom, but both you and the person you assist would have to use it.

Enraptured Doomweaver Image Chaos Sorcerer of 𝕋̳̠ͫ𝕫̫͕̥̞͂̃𝕖̴̡̠̮͙̈̏𝕖̻̭͉ͥ̉̐̀̈́𝕟̘͛͒̀̓͊ͨ𝕥̮̦̦̾̄͟𝕔̖͓̂𝕙̤ | RR83 |

Spoiler:
Retired characters :

Notsure | Carnal
Hiasakite | Heosphoros

KoffenStoffen

Post#7 » Fri May 22, 2020 2:45 pm

No other way? I was hoping something like this (but that I missed something):
/assist;
Enemy.MarksToggle(3)

Karnuss

Post#8 » Fri Jun 26, 2020 2:30 pm

KoffenStoffen wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 2:45 pm No other way? I was hoping something like this (but that I missed something):
/assist;
Enemy.MarksToggle(3)
I have always (Since Live release) just used a /assist macro on a bound button with the friendly target assisted on my dps but it seems buggy lately.

Ads
Karnuss

Post#9 » Fri Jun 26, 2020 2:31 pm

Karnuss wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 2:30 pm
KoffenStoffen wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 2:45 pm No other way? I was hoping something like this (but that I missed something):
/assist;
Enemy.MarksToggle(3)
I have always (Since Live release) just used a /assist macro on a bound button with the friendly target that I want to assist selected on my dps but it seems buggy lately.

hunter4souls

Post#10 » Sat Jul 18, 2020 12:40 pm

slightly updated SwiftAssist in terms of UX:
added more addon messages in chat so now it's clear for any user HOW to set it to broadcast assisted target properly.
shorterned argument from "announcesetassist" to "set"
some other small tweaks

replace code in SwiftAssist.lua in addon folder with this

https://pastebin.com/u1Cn251w
there are not that much changes but those should make usage of swiftAssist easier and more pleasant

PS: also i've noticed cases when /assist do not work and don't select target. That's a game problem that can be solved by rotating camera around by 360 degrees or leaving area and coming back, so objects would loaded by game properly
<icon20191> Aktheon : drift masta
<icon20201> Akteon : healer? what healer?
<icon20203> Aktheonus : M.D. on drugs
<icon20181> Aktheonius : deep (Keep) penetration
<icon20197> Aktheonok : as good as kfc