Recent Topics

Ads

Nerfed buttons macro guide

Here you can post addons, or anything related to addons.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
adaskoadam

Re: Nerfed buttons macro guide.VIDEO

Post#21 » Tue Feb 06, 2018 4:52 pm

Well youre right ^_^... WP is not button masher like other classes....but i will post video of SW stance dance NB macro.... ^_^

SO you wont get overwhelmed with buttons @_@..

^_^
Druin wrote:I have been overwhelmed by the amount of keys I have to press on a WP aswell.

Ads
Telen
Suspended

Post#22 » Tue Feb 06, 2018 5:27 pm

bloodi wrote: Sure, what do you wanna bet and lose?
Theres nothing you can do with NB that playing a class for a while wont get you. In fact it locks you into the ability choice sequences that are sometimes sub optimal.
A proper gaming mouse is like night and day vs keybinds. I played for years with keybinds and got a naga when swtor came out. It took a few weeks but no addon or peripheral Ive ever had in gaming made as much of a differnce as an mmo mouse in an mmo.

bloodi
Suspended

Post#23 » Tue Feb 06, 2018 5:39 pm

Telen wrote:Theres nothing you can do with NB that playing a class for a while wont get you. In fact it locks you into the ability choice sequences that are sometimes sub optimal.
A proper gaming mouse is like night and day vs keybinds. I played for years with keybinds and got a naga when swtor came out. It took a few weeks but no addon or peripheral Ive ever had in gaming made as much of a differnce as an mmo mouse in an mmo.
Well, pity you decided to not bet anything, because you would have lost it.

You seem to believe that NB can only be used as a sequencer, this is wrong, NB can and its used a lot as a conditional checker.

An example, check out this vid, now disregard everything in it besides the skillbars, i want you to focus on the first skill of the bottom bar, as you can see, its sometimes Flurry, sometimes Pulverizing Strike, sometimes Spine Crusher.

This is not randomized, this is not due to serendipity, is because he is using a conditional checker in NB, when no one is close enough to use PS or SC, it defaults to flurry, a skill that whilesuboptimal for single target, has range, lets him attack even when outside melee range, now when he is actually close, it changes to PS, a skill you would use anytime you are not facing the enemy back but oh surprise, when he is actually on his back, it changes to SC.

So, NB is picking the best skill to use at any given moment for him, he doesnt have to think about it, he just has to press his keybind and according to where he is, NB will fire what is best for him.

That means he never loses a gcd or a moment, he never tries to use SC when not actually on his back, he doesnt suffer from lag, he just has to spam his keybind and the addon will play that part of the game for him, he just has to worry about positioning.

So, no, a Naga mouse doesnt do that and you should not be going around making bets that you will lose because you actually dont know what NB does.
Last edited by bloodi on Tue Feb 06, 2018 5:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

peterthepan3

Post#24 » Tue Feb 06, 2018 5:40 pm

What amuses me is that the vast majority of people moaning about NB giving the opponent an 'unfair advantage' would still continue to get farmed by said people, with or without said addon.

It's as if the removal of NB would miraculously bring it with a tidal wave of skill and competency.

Draugris

Post#25 » Tue Feb 06, 2018 6:46 pm

@OP

nice videos mate but you know, real men build sequences with slash commands and not the sissy gui :mrgreen:
Live: Carroburg -> Santorro (WH), The first Guard (TfG)

Telen
Suspended

Post#26 » Tue Feb 06, 2018 6:51 pm

Spoiler:
bloodi wrote:
Telen wrote:Theres nothing you can do with NB that playing a class for a while wont get you. In fact it locks you into the ability choice sequences that are sometimes sub optimal.
Well, pity you decided to not bet anything, because you would have lost it.

You seem to believe that NB can only be used as a sequencer, this is wrong, NB can and its used a lot as a conditional checker.

An example,check out this vid, now disregard everything in it besides the skillbars, i want you to focus on the first skill of the bottom bar, as you can see, its sometimes Flurry, sometimes Pulverizing Strike, sometimes Spine Crusher.

This is not randomized, this is not due to serendipity, is because he is using a conditional checker in NB, when no one is close enough to use PS or SC, it defaults to flurry, a skill that whilesuboptimal for single target, has range, lets him attack even when outside melee range, now when he is actually close, it changes to PS, a skill you would use anytime you are not facing the enemy back but oh surprise, when he is actually on his back, it changes to SC.

So, NB is picking the best skill to use at any given moment for him, he doesnt have to think about it, he just has to press his keybind and according to where he is, NB will fire what is best for him.

That means he never loses a gcd or a moment, he never tries to use SC when not actually on his back, he doesnt suffer from lag, he just has to spam his keybind and the addon will play that part of the game for him, he just has to worry about positioning.

So, no, a Naga mouse doesnt do that and you should not be going around making bets that you will lose because you actually dont know what NB does.
And as I said what of any of that would a decent player not be doing anyway. All NB is locks you into a predefined set of choices. Choices a decent player would be making. The decent player will though be able to adapt. NB will always be suboptimal. Whereas a peripheral designed for mmos that makes user input far faster will always be an advantage to players of all levels not just bad or average players.

bloodi
Suspended

Post#27 » Tue Feb 06, 2018 6:59 pm

Telen wrote:And as I said what of any of that would a decent player not be doing anyway. All NB is locks you into a predefined set of choices. Choices a decent player would be making. The decent player will though be able to adapt. NB will always be suboptimal. Whereas a peripheral designed for mmos that makes user input far faster will always be an advantage to players of all levels not just bad or average players.
I dont think you understood anything, for real.

It doesnt lock you to anything that you dont want to be locked to, in the example i gave you, NB doesnt limit him in any way shape or form, it just makes his skill usage optimal, he doesnt need to be a decent player, NB does it for him, that is the issue.

You lot have such a hardon for telling people it really doesnt matter that you start calling that the sky is not actually blue at all if needed.

So NB, when setup up properly, will only make you a better player with less effort on your side, doesnt cripple or limit you in any way shape or form, so please, quit with the "no, its actually bad for you". Its not.

Its an addon that removes thinking on your side, plays the game for you, i dont care that someone can do it manually too, that is not relevant at all, the problem is with the addon, he doesnt have to do it manually at all, the addon will do it for him.

Darosh
Banned

Post#28 » Tue Feb 06, 2018 7:15 pm

peterthepan3 wrote:What amuses me is that the vast majority of people moaning about NB giving the opponent an 'unfair advantage' would still continue to get farmed by said people, with or without said addon.

It's as if the removal of NB would miraculously bring it with a tidal wave of skill and competency.
Yes. However, NerfedButtons - if not terrible for 'ethical' (for a lack of a better word, not intending to be dramatic) reasons - is garbage for the performance related reasons.
If it wasn't part of the default RoR download, most new players would likely experience less issues.
Playing the game without that junk enabled drastically cuts down FPS drops, unresponsiveness and general clunkyness.
I'd highly suggest everyone to test the above; even if you don't actively run scripts through it, it's chewing away resources. Get into combat with it and without it, NPCs suffice.

If people need a sequencer, throw CastSequencer at them - works just fine for stances, too, provided you set it up correctly.

Ads
Telen
Suspended

Post#29 » Tue Feb 06, 2018 7:18 pm

There will always be excuses by bad players. Everyone has access to the same addons. The real disparity is in player experience and physical input. Anything software based is available to all for no money.

Spierron

Post#30 » Tue Feb 06, 2018 7:20 pm

thanks, nice guide !