Recent Topics

Ads

Enemy - Clickcasting

Here you can post addons, or anything related to addons.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Nymra

Re: Enemy - Clickcasting

Post#11 » Sat Apr 04, 2020 5:11 pm

Yeah I have the same problem, its the only thing stopping me from getting too invested in the game right now. Since i'm sure I will eventually end up with more then 3 heals.

Ads
R3xz

Post#12 » Sat Apr 04, 2020 5:46 pm

I contacted @sullemunk on discord about this, but haven't heard back from him yet. Hopefully someone will figure it out eventually.

provide

Post#13 » Sun Apr 05, 2020 9:11 am

I had a look at the code and I can tell everyone that it's not a problem with "The game recognizing the buttons". It does and they are processed correctly in Enemy as well.

I pinned it down to a function called WindowSetGameActionData which gets the correct parameters (like spellid, player name) no matter what mouse button is used. I even changed my code in a way that that function thinks I used the left mouse button even tho I use the middle one but it's still not working. So even tho WindowSetGameActionData gets the exact same data, with left click it works but not with middle or right clicks.

My knowledge of RoR addons is not good enough to proceed from here but maybe someone can use this information or provide me with a better understanding of how WindowSetGameActionData works and what it is supposed to do. I couldn't find any documentation about it.

Cheers

hellgoon

Post#14 » Sun Apr 05, 2020 1:26 pm

no m8 im no closer, But i tried squared mod i think it was. and it also had the options for middle and right click cast, but when i set them, It say the game Api does not support it, so at some point it must have or why have the option.....

BIGXz

Post#15 » Thu Apr 09, 2020 12:44 pm

Would love to know this as well. Spent half a day trying to figure this exact issue, ended up giving up. Would really be awesome as a healer, if we could use more mouse buttons.

Omegus

Post#16 » Sat Apr 11, 2020 8:41 pm

To my knowledge this has never been possible. From personal testing yesterday and checking back in time from live client enforces a rule that WindowSetGameActionData only triggers from left mouse clicks (not sure if it's for all params but it seems enforced for DO_ABILITY). This was a limitation back in live which is why the old click casting mods like ISHealBot only had support for left-click casting although it did allow you to setup combining CTRL + ALT into a different heal from just CTRL or ALT: https://farm4.static.flickr.com/3337/31 ... 99a2_b.jpg

I'm pretty sure mouse-over casting died in patch 1.0.5 as that seems to be when target-swapping without a click was disabled to kill off automated targeting addons.
Zomega: RR8x Zealot

awmc82

Post#17 » Tue Apr 21, 2020 9:17 pm

Where do you DL this "click casting"? I can't find it.

Racki

Post#18 » Sat Apr 25, 2020 9:55 am

bumb

Ads
Brometheus

Post#19 » Mon Apr 27, 2020 1:56 pm

Daernas wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2018 9:21 am Thanks for the answer. Going quickly through keybinding options in the game, i found no way to bind left or middle mouse as I will. Here's my thought, though.

Look at this image:
https://imgur.com/a/67OiC

As you can see from the image above, I can practically select only those buttons that are from my mouse (it's called clickcasting, after all), so I believe those buttons can be effectively used, or could be effectively used back in the retail days. I was looking for a way to make them work here.

Let me know what you guys think.
I am trying to experiment with click casting also for heals. I can not find the box in the screen shot, anyone know how I get that to pull up?

Vayra

Post#20 » Mon Apr 27, 2020 2:33 pm

The box is what comes up when you click the button to create a new click casting preset/macro.
Vayra - Sorc
Forkrul - DoK
Kalyth - BG