Recent Topics

Ads

[Addon request] Show when your last ability did or did not get flanking bonus damage

Here you can post addons, or anything related to addons.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Jevanko

[Addon request] Show when your last ability did or did not get flanking bonus damage

Post#1 » Thu Jan 11, 2018 3:09 pm

So because of higher ping it is often unclear whether I am hitting someone from the sides or rear during a fight.
Would it be possible to develop an addon which gives a visual signal when you have flanking slotted whether you did or did not get the bonus damage?
It could simply add the damage + mitigated to compare in your own combat log and determine whether you received the bonus or not. Obviously it has to tracks other damage boosts too to compensate.
Last edited by Jevanko on Sat Jan 13, 2018 1:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
One of the Best Friends

Ads
sullemunk
Addon Developer

Re: [Addon request] Show when your last ability did or did not get flanking bonus damage

Post#2 » Thu Jan 11, 2018 5:56 pm

There are some ways to check if you are behind players on sertain classes, so it's then up to how it should be represented visually. Comparing damage from combatlog are not the best way to check due to the values can be different from time to time based on buffs/ toughness / armor etc..
Image Ethreal   Image Corque   Image Urgiz   Image Loxley   Image Chilli   Image Maduza

jonspidy

Re: [Addon request] Show when your last ability did or did not get flanking bonus damage

Post#3 » Thu Jan 11, 2018 7:10 pm

Would it be possible to make an addon that when you're behind the target it has a small visual to show that you're indeed behind? I ask this because there has been many times where my character has been behind someone and they're still blocking my attacks.

Something like if you're behind the target a small picture of a skull or a sword pops up on your screen to indicate that you're actually behind the guy.
Vanhel - Knight Of the Blazing Sun
"The hammer is not the answer to every military problem, for even the mightiest of hammers will miss its mark if the opponent is wise enough not to wait around to get crushed."

Manatikik

Post#4 » Thu Jan 11, 2018 8:02 pm

jonspidy wrote:Would it be possible to make an addon that when you're behind the target it has a small visual to show that you're indeed behind? I ask this because there has been many times where my character has been behind someone and they're still blocking my attacks.

Something like if you're behind the target a small picture of a skull or a sword pops up on your screen to indicate that you're actually behind the guy.
I mean with NB you could do this easily with a one button action bar, layout editor, and an empty chat macro for an icon. Would take maybe 5 minutes to set it up.
<Montague><Capulet>

sullemunk
Addon Developer

Post#5 » Thu Jan 11, 2018 8:11 pm

jonspidy wrote:Would it be possible to make an addon that when you're behind the target it has a small visual to show that you're indeed behind? I ask this because there has been many times where my character has been behind someone and they're still blocking my attacks.

as stated above: it depends on what class you want it for, because only a few classes have access to abilitys with behind requirement to get the behind info from.

Ex: the WitchHunter need "Pistol Whip" ability to check if it's usable to determen if you are behind then target
Image Ethreal   Image Corque   Image Urgiz   Image Loxley   Image Chilli   Image Maduza

Jevanko

Post#6 » Fri Jan 12, 2018 1:53 pm

The issue with this is that sometimes your positional ability lights up and it plays the animation if you activate it, bit the ability doesn't actually trigger. (Playing from Australia)
So it isn't very reliable.
Hence I want it from the combat log, and toughness and armor mitigation is there too, so it can be calculated from the total damage value (dmg done + mitigated).
One of the Best Friends

Jevanko

Post#7 » Sat Jan 13, 2018 1:12 am

I have previously set up aura to show when behind a target by lighting up the positional ability when it is available. However, with higher ping it has become apparent that the ability can be available, and you can use it, the animation will play but it won't actually activate.
Hence the need for a combat log solution. The ability being available doesn't mean you actually count as hitting from behind cause the server might decide otherwise later.
One of the Best Friends

navis

Post#8 » Fri Aug 03, 2018 1:09 am

I really like this idea.

Ads