Recent Topics

Ads

Addon for coordinates?

Here you can post addons, or anything related to addons.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Noergl

Addon for coordinates?

Post#1 » Tue Oct 03, 2017 10:26 am

Heja there,
when you open the map, there is a set of coordinates at the right side giving you the exact location of your mouse pointer on the map. And sooner or later you can find the point on the map youre looking for. In my case, later :roll:
I never can figure out how to move the mouse, do the numbers on the first coordinates shrink when i go up...or down... or was it right...left?

Is there an addon out there that helps with coordinates? Either like entering numbers and it give you the point on the map... or laying a grid over the map with rough coordinate numbers... or anything like that?
Is there a way to see the coordinates on the normal ui outside the map? I use cmap in my ui, cause i like the square map more than the vanilla round one, but coordinates i dont get anywhere on both.

Any hint would be appreciated - but please no big ui collection with dozens of things i dont need nor want.
Lorekeeper Noergl Morgrimsfind & Sgt.Maj.Finvjer Hugnirsson
(Co-leader of 3rd Bitterstone Thunderers)

Ads
Telperien

Re: Addon for coordinates?

Post#2 » Tue Oct 03, 2017 3:04 pm

When you mouseover Cmap anywhere in zoom out mode (whole zone map in frame) coords are showns where was the name of zone.
Slacking (checking out EvE)

sullemunk
Addon Developer

Post#3 » Tue Oct 03, 2017 3:11 pm

The addon itself should not be that hard to do, the question is how it should be represented visually on the screen
Image Ethreal   Image Corque   Image Urgiz   Image Loxley   Image Chilli   Image Maduza

Hargrim
Developer

Post#4 » Tue Oct 03, 2017 5:05 pm

sullemunk wrote:The addon itself should not be that hard to do, the question is how it should be represented visually on the screen
Maybe overlay on big map window?

Delenot

Post#5 » Tue Oct 03, 2017 5:21 pm

Would it be possible with the hopeful AddOn to be able to use custom way-points with an on-screen map edge marker to help route yourself to the custom point?

Noergl

Post#6 » Wed Oct 04, 2017 6:50 am

Thanks for the answers. My initial question was to find a given coordinate at the map more easy. The luxury variation would be to enter coordinates and the addon shows you the point on the map. But it would be great to just have the possibility to maneuver across the map with the pointer more easy. Ofc it would be phantastic to be able to mark a point on the map and to get some kind of arrow pointer in the ui. I remember something like that from that other mmo out there, forgot the name :lol:

@ Sulle: It was just a question for making things easier for me, there is no actual important need to occupy your time with programming. Im just a lazy git :roll: And i thought perhaps there would be an addon already.

NSKaneda

Post#7 » Wed Oct 04, 2017 7:09 am

Noergl wrote:Thanks for the answers. My initial question was to find a given coordinate at the map more easy.
One number is X axis, the other is Y. Move mouse horizontally (or vertically) to find out which one is which.
How hard is that? ;)
RoR: Burszui SH, Ropopuch SHM<|[]|>Ginnar IB, Vidarr HMR, Runatyr RP ++ REV guild ++
Live: Karak Izor -> Karak Norn - Yarpaen IB, Ginnarr SL, Volundr ENG +Ithilmar's Chosen+
* * * playing 19 classes - running out of char slots * * *

sullemunk
Addon Developer

Post#8 » Wed Oct 04, 2017 3:38 pm

Something like this?

Click here to watch on YouTube
Image Ethreal   Image Corque   Image Urgiz   Image Loxley   Image Chilli   Image Maduza

Ads
Noergl

Post#9 » Wed Oct 04, 2017 4:33 pm

sullemunk wrote:Something like this?
Yes, thats exactly what i had in mind :D
I could mark a place AND i see where i am on the map.

Tankbeardz

Post#10 » Wed Oct 04, 2017 4:35 pm

sullemunk wrote:Something like this?

Click here to watch on YouTube
That is pretty sweet. Are you able to place a marker on the mini-map as well?