Recent Topics

Ads

Closet Goblin Errors

Here you can post addons, or anything related to addons.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Kordie

Closet Goblin Errors

Post#1 » Mon Oct 02, 2017 4:57 am

Anyone else noticed error with ClosetGoblin in the last few patches. I use it on my WP to switch sets and it was fine apart from a couple of pieces of armor, ruin iirc, then gradually more things started giving errors and now it only switches my main hand weapon. It was a really useful addon.

Ads
Collateral

Re: Closet Goblin Errors

Post#2 » Mon Oct 02, 2017 11:17 am

It was added an icd afaik, because you could stack bonuses with the addon, which wqs quite broken.

Kordie

Post#3 » Mon Oct 02, 2017 11:32 pm

Collateral wrote:It was added an icd afaik, because you could stack bonuses with the addon, which wqs quite broken.

So your saying it was disabled due to issues?

Collateral

Post#4 » Mon Oct 02, 2017 11:36 pm

It wasn't completely disabled iirc. I never used it actually so perhaps you have a different problem, but you can read patch notes and you will find the fix for the exploit.

I'm sure a dev can chim in here to clear this out.

Goryak

Post#5 » Tue Oct 03, 2017 12:09 am

Kordie wrote:Anyone else noticed error with ClosetGoblin in the last few patches. I use it on my WP to switch sets and it was fine apart from a couple of pieces of armor, ruin iirc, then gradually more things started giving errors and now it only switches my main hand weapon. It was a really useful addon.
It is a tad broken indeed, but say you have like 2 sets in closet, A and B, you are wearing A so you press B, it will change weapons 1st yes but if you press B again it will change a couple more pieces, you have to do this like 4-6 times (can't remember) until the set is finally completely changed. Tad meh. A version that still changes it in a sec without the set bonuses abilities bugging would be nice. A devy or a suly addon fella would be handy indeed.
NUMBER 1 SHR :shock: O :shock: O :shock: O :shock: O :shock:O :shock: O :shock: MIES CONSUMER!!!
RESPONSIBLY

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#6 » Tue Oct 03, 2017 12:14 am

Goryak wrote:
Kordie wrote:Anyone else noticed error with ClosetGoblin in the last few patches. I use it on my WP to switch sets and it was fine apart from a couple of pieces of armor, ruin iirc, then gradually more things started giving errors and now it only switches my main hand weapon. It was a really useful addon.
It is a tad broken indeed, but say you have like 2 sets in closet, A and B, you are wearing A so you press B, it will change weapons 1st yes but if you press B again it will change a couple more pieces, you have to do this like 4-6 times (can't remember) until the set is finally completely changed. Tad meh. A version that still changes it in a sec without the set bonuses abilities bugging would be nice. A devy or a suly addon fella would be handy indeed.
The server interaction was changed to check that multiple items were not being swapped at the same time as this caused set bonuses to persist and double up. I would expect modifying the addon or creating a new one wouldn't get around the limit imposed. We're aware this makes the addon less useful, but thems the breaks when addons do bad things.

On the other hand, if the addon were modified so it swapped each item in sequence with an appropriate interval inbetween, it could be working as intended, although with a slower full swap time.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

Kordie

Post#7 » Tue Oct 03, 2017 2:54 am

Ok thanks. I understand the issue now. I'll try hitting it a few times. I think switching 1 at a time with an interval could be coded easily enough in theory.