Recent Topics

Ads

Zealot & Nerfed Buttons

Here you can post addons, or anything related to addons.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Jaycub

Zealot & Nerfed Buttons

Post#1 » Mon Aug 21, 2017 1:03 pm

Maybe this effects all healers but idk, but I wanted to setup a lazy st healing string on my zealot. The core 15 second HoT ability constantly bugs out immediately after making the macro, or shortly after working for a while (it won't ever be used). Sometimes the macro editor won't even save the string at all. And sometimes certain ability wont even be used until I make what are seemingly arbitrary adjustments to conditions on random abilities. I also think im getting a c++ crash on logout or alt f4 caused by this, and only when the nb is bugging out on my zealot.

This only effects my zealot, all my other characters have zero problem with it. I've completely deleted my zealots user folder and redone the UI and mods, I've redownloaded and installed NB. Reinstalled c++ redistributable. Still to no avail.
<Lords of the Locker Room> <Old School>

Ads
sullemunk
Addon Developer

Re: Zealot & Nerfed Buttons

Post#2 » Mon Aug 21, 2017 1:07 pm

You forgot to Uninstall NB...
Image Ethreal   Image Corque   Image Urgiz   Image Loxley   Image Chilli   Image Maduza

Sulorie

Post#3 » Mon Aug 21, 2017 1:14 pm

sullemunk wrote:You forgot to Uninstall NB...
You are not competitive!
Dying is no option.

Jaycub

Post#4 » Mon Aug 21, 2017 1:58 pm

Uninstallation process is just deleting the corresponding folders in interface and users? If so I have done that.

Hastykrasty

Post#5 » Mon Aug 21, 2017 2:19 pm

Simply don't use NB.
Once devs will have a working patcher and client control, this aberration will be hopefully erased from the game.
Suffer Not The Eretic To Live

Jaycub

Post#6 » Mon Aug 21, 2017 2:39 pm

Hopefully it does, it's not too bad on its own but that's no excuse obviously. Where it gets really cheesy is when people combine it with ahk script for perfect rotations and removes any human error losing time between abilities. Probably getting 1 extra ability off every 10 seconds or so for some.

Dabbart

Post#7 » Mon Aug 21, 2017 3:12 pm

What Conditions are you using? For the HoT just use a Stack condition, 1stack, yourself only, with NO timer. Try to limit it to 2-3 abilities max per hotkey.

Also, for NB to save, you need to log out, then back in. Otherwise if you crash out, everything will be reset.

Also, buffhead is far more impactful than NB ever could be. With Enemy being more powerful than both. I never get the hate for NB. Outside of truly extreme cases, it really doesn't provide that much assistance. It just lessens the number of hotkeys to a manageable amount..

NB requires every ability that doesn't have a CD to have a condition, otherwise you won't get past that ability. The simplest ones work the best, i.e. Put a move on cast ability with a stationary cast on the same key, with Movement as the condition for both. The more conditionals you set, the easier it will break. I have found, that rotations, such as Cleanse, HoT, flash heal work great since you only need the one conditional on the HoT.

GL
Azarael wrote: It's only a nerf if you're bad.

(see, I can shitpost too!)
Secrets wrote: Kindly adjust your attitude to actually help the community and do not impose your will on it. You aren't as powerful as you think.

Jaycub

Post#8 » Mon Aug 21, 2017 3:23 pm

Health percentages, effects (to stop redundant casts of abilities already on target), movement checks to skip past casted abilities if moving. That's it I think.

Just tried to make a new macro on zealot and again it won't even save to the hotbar. I have the space 5 on hotbed clear and when I click save in the nb UI as name 5 for nerfedbuttons nothing happens and 5 is still blank on hotbar. Still only effecting my zealot and not any other characters.

Ads
Dabbart

Post#9 » Mon Aug 21, 2017 3:37 pm

So, try Rclicking the hot bar to bring up the NB macro maker. It should automatically save on the key you clicked on. Try relogging before hand. If it's "bugged" you just need a fresh log before you can alter anything. Edit: also, is it just that key? Or can you not save anything anywhere? You can overwrite abilities/sequences so the key doesn't need to be empty before hand.

If you can't alter anything, then you need to wipe the entire NB, i.e. All your sequences, and start fresh. Something is bugged somewhere. Which is what it sounds like if it only affects your Z.

I know effects used to bug out for me all the time when I tried it on my WH. That's why I got super basic with it. I never even used positioning, since it would bug out or just refuse to let me use any ability.

Edit: you can also try saving your NB sequences, then switch to a fresh UI and then back. That should "reset" everything, and give you a clearer picture of which abilities are working and which aren't.

What else do you have tied to the HoT that it doesn't work? If 1 conditional on any ability is wrong, the whole sequence can go crazy.
Last edited by Dabbart on Mon Aug 21, 2017 3:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Azarael wrote: It's only a nerf if you're bad.

(see, I can shitpost too!)
Secrets wrote: Kindly adjust your attitude to actually help the community and do not impose your will on it. You aren't as powerful as you think.

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#10 » Mon Aug 21, 2017 3:40 pm

Some of the strings in NB can only be set from a script line, not the GUI. I never went that deep into it, but if the GUI isn't working, try figuring out how to do it solely from chat input. You might also want to make use of a short Virtual Cooldown on your insta-cast no cooldown abilities, it helps a lot with them bugging out. 2s should be plenty.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog