Recent Topics

Ads

Addon possibility?

Here you can post addons, or anything related to addons.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Wuhh

Addon possibility?

Post#1 » Mon May 15, 2017 1:25 pm

I have no knowledge of how to do what I'm going to describe, but hope someone does and its easy enough that they think about doing it...

The ring that appears at the feet of our toons is useful if you can see it, and in play it can be hard to see.

Could a custom pointer ring addon be made to allow adjustment of the height/colour/pointers etc?

I could see enemy having it to show the direction of your marked targets as well as the customisation of original pointer/ring attributes.

Just a thought. ty for reading

Ads
Bklopptah

Re: Addon possibility?

Post#2 » Mon May 15, 2017 1:51 pm

Hi,

thats not possible. You cannot access the 3D scene within an addon and the reticles are drawn within the 3d context.

There is only one method which maps the position of a game object onto the interface plane, which is used by Buffhead, Enemy, Pure etc. But any directional or distance information are lost.

Cheers
Thunderer Lidija - 3rd Bitterstone Thunderers.

Wuhh

Post#3 » Mon May 15, 2017 1:59 pm

Thanks for the quick answer

Would enemy not support a ring, like a regular mark but not an arrow a ring, which tracks the direction of it's own marks and is placed upon the player? And distance is mapped by guard addons is it not? or am I missing what you're saying technically

Druin
Former Staff

Post#4 » Mon May 15, 2017 2:11 pm

Everything that's not on your screen get's "lost", so the arrow could only track the markers as long as they are in your field of view.
Pretty much always afk or tabbed out.

Wuhh

Post#5 » Mon May 15, 2017 2:18 pm

I see and that would defeat the object of what I'm trying to achieve.

Thanks both of you

close me :)