Recent Topics

Ads

EveryBodyGuard - Issues

Here you can post addons, or anything related to addons.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
peterthepan3

EveryBodyGuard - Issues

Post#1 » Sat Feb 18, 2017 5:57 pm

Anyone else experiencing an issue where you can't press the F1-F6 keys to automatically switch guard to a team member? Sometimes it will work (for example, press F2 twice to take guard off whoever you're guarding and to guard team member 2), but other times it just seems to bug out.

Ads
Danielle

Re: EveryBodyGuard - Issues

Post#2 » Wed Feb 22, 2017 11:19 am

The same issue occurs when guard is swapped manually, maybe there is an underlying in-game guarding bug that's the root cause of both of these problems?
Spoiler:
Raging Slayer overextender and Healbot of Deep and Dry and Dark Omen
All my Order characters
All my Destro characters
Yes, you are welcome to this hitlist. I REALLY enjoy being chased across a whole zone.

peterthepan3

Post#3 » Wed Feb 22, 2017 12:11 pm

Sounds possible. A real shame as EBG is easily the best unit frame addon for tanking/guarding, but with the aforementioned problem (plus, it sometimes doesn't update teammate health upon death) it's a bit meh.

Marsares

Post#4 » Wed Feb 22, 2017 12:27 pm

Have the same issue with doing it manually like Danielle said. Most of the times it works, but occasionally it just bugs out and I will have to press the guard keybind multiple times to take guard off and apply it again.

I put it down to latency issues, but if others have the same problem it may be something more nefarious. :-)
Karak-Norn /// Asildur - RR100 WL /// Marsares - RR95 AM /// Nirnaeth - RR64 SW

Bozzax

Post#5 » Wed Feb 22, 2017 12:46 pm

Same issue with or wo add on
A reasonable RvR system that could make the majority happy http://imgur.com/HL6cgl7

Danielle

Post#6 » Wed Feb 22, 2017 2:19 pm

I created a bug report since I couldn't find anything about this. If someone has a better idea how guard bugs exactly, please write it there. I just remember it sometimes bugs on my lowbie tanks and that my guildies complain about the ability not going off. Also seems unlikely it's just latency, since other abilities aren't affected by this problem in my experience.

https://github.com/WarEmu/WarBugs/issues/9220
Spoiler:
Raging Slayer overextender and Healbot of Deep and Dry and Dark Omen
All my Order characters
All my Destro characters
Yes, you are welcome to this hitlist. I REALLY enjoy being chased across a whole zone.

peterthepan3

Post#7 » Wed Feb 22, 2017 2:29 pm

I think in my saved stream there's a few instances of it bugging (with me vocalising my anger shortly after lol)

Aurandilaz

Post#8 » Wed Feb 22, 2017 2:32 pm

Hmm, noticed this too. Sometimes I think my guard vanishes because I forgot to apply it, but other times I'm certain I did change guard, only to notice it didn't place correctly on new target.
I often notice these "vanishes" to mistakes made in the heat of battle, but since I start noticing issues with no guard being placed on party member despite doing so... it gets annoying, it cannot be just because I have "l2play" issues.

Potentially bugged, since I only start making mistakes during late hours, but during afternoon hours I'm still wholly awake. :D

Ads
Tankbeardz

Post#9 » Wed Feb 22, 2017 2:35 pm

Aurandilaz wrote:Hmm, noticed this too. Sometimes I think my guard vanishes because I forgot to apply it, but other times I'm certain I did change guard, only to notice it didn't place correctly on new target.
I often notice these "vanishes" to mistakes made in the heat of battle, but since I start noticing issues with no guard being placed on party member despite doing so... it gets annoying, it cannot be just because I have "l2play" issues.

Potentially bugged, since I only start making mistakes during late hours, but during afternoon hours I'm still wholly awake. :D
Guard def drops for no reason at times. It would be hard to show proof since it doesn't happen frequently enough to capture it on demand.
Last edited by Tankbeardz on Wed Feb 22, 2017 6:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Luth

Post#10 » Wed Feb 22, 2017 5:57 pm

EBG had sometimes the same issue as described in the OP on WAR. I don't have issues with guard swapping; it would be nice if somewith deactivated EBG addon can confirm that he has the same problem.
There could be also another issue with EBG, e.g. it doesn't check 100% correctly if guard is applied, player hammers the key too frequently -> guard is taken away again.